Léon: The Professional (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 57) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: May 3, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on March 3 at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $159.97 (Box Set) - $48.99 (Full Slip) - $49.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)

Notes: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600. Scratch Resistant Coating, Embossing, Foil.
Full Slip: 1000 units, Numbered 1-1000. Spot Glossy, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing, Foil.
Lenti: 1000 units, Numbered 1-1000. 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1000 units, Numbered 1-1000. 2 x 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker.

LEON_OC_V2_2000x.jpgLEON_FS_V2_2000x.jpgLEON_LS_V2_5000x.jpgLEON_DLS_V2_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
Don‘t wanna ruin that movie for anyone but afaik Luc Besson was 32 when he dated and impregnate the 15 y/o girl Meiwenn (not illegal in France I think) which he married with her being ~16.. two years later he released Leon..

oh and the script was different and more sexual but Portmans parents required script changes for that
Maiwenn le Besco, yeah.
The whole career Besson writes about strong dominant female characters, which I love. He himself was snatched up by Jovovich, until it didn't suit her anymore, and she switched on another director (Paul WS Anderson).

P

From what I remember, the UK and Europe have always had the extended cut (international version), that's the cut I recall watching on VHS in the mid 90s.
I don't believe I've ever seen the original US theatrical version.
The suggestion of impropriety was always in the background and just never seemed a problem.
I guess growing up with that version and maybe not really fully understanding the subtleties of their odd relationship at the age I first saw the film (12), probably made it a none issue, well for me anyway.

Luc Besson has always maintained it was never intended to be suggested as such.
Are you talking about the dinner scene and scenes in the apartment afterwards?

I couldn't believe the excellent assassination training exercises were cut out in some countries, along with drug dealer stash house hit.

Don‘t wanna ruin that movie for anyone but afaik Luc Besson was 32 when he dated and impregnate the 15 y/o girl Meiwenn (not illegal in France I think) which he married with her being ~16.. two years later he released Leon..

oh and the script was different and more sexual but Portmans parents required script changes for that (from minute 1:02)

Do with these information whatever you like

Hollywood and the wider film industry is still littered with dodgy douche bags. This isn't a new thing. Jesus, just Google Brooke Shields controversy and read about that. Insane!

Jeez, none of these lot should consider reading or watching Lolita then.
:LOL:
Honestly, you'd think that the Feds would break your door down just for considering buying the film.

And none of it is ever instigated by Leons character. It's all from Mathilda, her subtle manipulation of the situation and her suffering from terrible upbringing - She's grown up too fast.
It's in the characterisation.

Now, Portmans role as a 13 year old in Ted Demmes 'Beautiful Girls' is another story, she was way way over sexualised in that film and borders on the uncomfortable, (incidentally produced by Mr Weinstein:wow:) but it'd never stop me watching or boycotting the film.
So daft
I agree you couldn’t make either of these movies in 2023 and you would have a hard time even to get a studio interested.
In the US it has become a culture war and both political parties especially the people on the far left and right would talk about how we have gone to far and what kind of message does this send to the poor children despite its R rating. The media would have a field day as well. It’s sad to see what has happened to films and comedy the last few years in the US. Movies and Comedy are supposed to go over the line, if they can’t who the bleep can? George Carlin, Sam KIinison and so many others who have passed on would have said bleep this like Chappelle has but he’s the exception of current ones, maybe Bill Maher, Tarantino, I’m sure there are a few others but not many

Last edited:
I agree you couldn’t make either of these movies in 2023 and you would have a hard time even to get a studio interested.
In the US it has become a culture war and both political parties especially the people on the far left and right would talk about how we have gone to far and what kind of message does this send to the poor children despite its R rating. The media would have a field day as well. It’s sad to see what has happened to films and comedy the last few years in the US. Movies and Comedy are supposed to go over the line, if they can’t who the bleep can? George Carlin, Sam KIinison and so many others who have passed on would have said bleep this like Chappelle has but he’s the exception of current ones, maybe Bill Maher, Tarantino, I’m sure there are a few others but not many
Welllllllllllll, there are always fringe extremes on the political spectrums, but this seems a bit too both-sides-ish for my taste. The far left in the US, not to be mistaken for the neo-liberals in power who are using these culture-war issues to distract from ever-growing economic inequality, is trying to be inclusive and make sure that all people are treated with respect and historical mistakes are being rendered or at least acknowledged. On the other side the far right and even the so-called moderates, are banning books now and are storming the capitol when they lose an election.....

You mention George Carlin and he was such a wise and brilliant man. He framed the quote "It's a big club [of wealthy elites] and you ain't in it". He was politicallly active whilst remaining funny. I'm not sure the same thing can be said about Dave Chappelle these days. Bill Maher was a fighter against the establishment back after 9/11 and was temporarily cancelled because of it. Now he is just a rich old white guy spewing Status Quo nonsense on HBO and sounding more and more like Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino, with a massive "these young kids with their pink hair should get off my lawn" energy. He is constantly blowing his horn horn by tauting how important and wise old people are and how much wisdom they have. Too bad you never hear any of that wisdom uttered by him anymore. Tarrantino covered for Harvey Weinstein for decades and risked Uma Thurmans life to get a good shot in for Kill Bill. Still a great director, but not the guy who is saving free speech, rather the dude who somehow always casts himself in the roles that are very comfortably using the "N-word" over and over again. Woody Allen, Hitchcock, Polanski.....mostly assholes with horrible failings, but great directors. Sometimes it's hard seperating the art from the artist, but with "Leon" Luc Besson walked a fine line successfully, but I'm glad Natalie's parents read the script beforehand....what was my point again? Oh yeah, OneClick all the way! No great winner in here like Blade Runner DL, but enough beauty for a film that was great at the time and still gets people talking - and ok, rambling - many years later.

Welllllllllllll, there are always fringe extremes on the political spectrums, but this seems a bit too both-sides-ish for my taste. The far left in the US, not to be mistaken for the neo-liberals in power who are using these culture-war issues to distract from ever-growing economic inequality, is trying to be inclusive and make sure that all people are treated with respect and historical mistakes are being rendered or at least acknowledged. On the other side the far right and even the so-called moderates, are banning books now and are storming the capitol when they lose an election.....

You mention George Carlin and he was such a wise and brilliant man. He framed the quote "It's a big club [of wealthy elites] and you ain't in it". He was politicallly active whilst remaining funny. I'm not sure the same thing can be said about Dave Chappelle these days. Bill Maher was a fighter against the establishment back after 9/11 and was temporarily cancelled because of it. Now he is just a rich old white guy spewing Status Quo nonsense on HBO and sounding more and more like Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino, with a massive "these young kids with their pink hair should get off my lawn" energy. He is constantly blowing his horn horn by tauting how important and wise old people are and how much wisdom they have. Too bad you never hear any of that wisdom uttered by him anymore. Tarrantino covered for Harvey Weinstein for decades and risked Uma Thurmans life to get a good shot in for Kill Bill. Still a great director, but not the guy who is saving free speech, rather the dude who somehow always casts himself in the roles that are very comfortably using the "N-word" over and over again. Woody Allen, Hitchcock, Polanski.....mostly assholes with horrible failings, but great directors. Sometimes it's hard seperating the art from the artist, but with "Leon" Luc Besson walked a fine line successfully, but I'm glad Natalie's parents read the script beforehand....what was my point again? Oh yeah, OneClick all the way! No great winner in here like Blade Runner DL, but enough beauty for a film that was great at the time and still gets people talking - and ok, rambling - many years later.

saturday night live snowflakes GIF by HULU

• Haha
Reactions: Lutzo