Leon (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #6) [Korea]

Which artwork candidate would convince you to buy?

• Artwork Candidate #1

Votes: 233 56.4%
  • Artwork Candidate #2

Votes: 180 43.6%

• Total voters

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: March 8th, 2014
Price: 34.99$
Buy link:
1/4 slip (limited to 500): here (sold-out)
Full slip (limited to 1500): here (sold-out)

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

1/4 slip:
1389862142221743.jpg

Full slip:
13898620213161.jpg

Posted artwork:
1387613246796809.jpg

Live pic

Packaging detail
- numbered plastic card
- artcard
- 6x photo card
- booklet

Attachments

• 0925??_??????_????.jpg
    0925??_??????_????.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 756
  • 01-artwork.jpg
    01-artwork.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 667
  • 02-quarter.jpg
    02-quarter.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 656
  • 03-full.jpg
    03-full.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 619
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 584
Last edited by a moderator:
Personally i would prefer a new frontcover, different to the dvds, vhs, etc. of leon. Because as said before, just boring. But if it will be this, PLEASE no border & no 'the professional'! It is simply to much!! Let the artwork and the word LEON breathe on the harmony side, less is more! Would be more elegant. I think also the black would benefit from a full gloss (contrast to all the zavvi blacks).

Reactions: jayce20 and Bunk
sorry but easy pass for me

allready expressed myself about this

France and Japan will not buy this release for sure :( too bad

But I do not want to feel ashamed about this item in my collection ... so NO BUY !!!!!

Léon IS LEON !!! That's it : SHORT, SIMPLE and EASY ...

Edit : just read the 2 last pages there is for sure more NO than YES ..., the poll speaks by itself : allmost 40 % NO and 60 % YES ... that's NOT so much YES ...

am very disapointed, gonna keep continue to thanks every member who says NO to "the professionnal" :p

and ... done

I agree with a ninja who were saying that because we only have one design (this is NOT what am calling a "poll") seems like the art is allready decided !!! :( what a waste of time, we talk, chat and speak ; argue about different arts since months and seems like we are not heard, am a little pissed now this was the title I was waiting for this year ... :angry:

Last edited:
This artwork would be great - I mean, what's wrong with this? It's almost the same frontcover as usual, yes, but I haven't seen this one with any embossing yet, so that's cool.

The backside artwork is the one I'd have preferred as the frontcover (most of you collectors here surely wouldn't, but I think there is at least a minority of Natalie fan's in here) - I haven't seen this picture as an artwork until now, either.

Stop moaning and keep on enjoying :D

There should be a third poll option. Something like:

"would like a different artwork, but will still buy"

Because that's what I'm going to do. It's one of my absolute favourites and can't pass on that. I don't hate the artwork, just feel they should have gone with something else and dropped "the professional"

I'm really surprised at the vitriol some people are putting out at Kimchi over this, especially over a title of a film. The title was different across multiple regions, so just to call it by the name known in 1 region does a dis-service to the other regions.

I am just grateful that Kimchi are putting the effort in, and am hoping they are ignoring the moaners, otherwise they might just stop doing these all together, which would be a great shame.

definitely #2 for me! No to #1 because Mathilda is too important in the movie to just see her back... :(
I'm not found of "The Professional" and would prefer just "LEON" and nothing more...
The 3rd option must be a joke...just awful...

Reactions: jayce20
There's always going to be differing opinions when there are several choices, they are all okay to me. I agree with many others the words "the professional" are superfluous.

Thank you Choi/kimchi for all the effort and considering all our suggestions. Looks fantastic now. My vote now goes for #2, because I think Mathilda looks a lot better with the light background.

Edit: Now it's getting really difficult. I just saw your matte/glossy comments. I think the partial matte/glossy are awesome (like on the UK Drive Steelbook).

So I edit my vote into #2, but with the glossy/matte effects of #1 :oohyeah: :LOL: :bow: :drool:

:snipe:

Last edited:
Just coming back to this thread after awhile. #3 died a quick death. :p Fortunately I not chasing this one. No double dipping. I haven't watched my JP edition. :emb: