digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: October 19, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live on Saturday 25 July Noon 12.00 PM )
Price: £14.99
Notes: Limited to 3000

01.jpg

02.jpg
04.jpg

00.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome was 30 years ago. No kids are gonna know the Mad Max movies. Did O.K., right?
It has nothing to do with time. Just the quality of the movie. Harrison Ford has made nothing but steamy crap for the last 15 years- you gonna see Star Wars? Make a good movie and they will come. That simple.
I beg to disagree - 'Crossing Over' 2009 was NOT a "steamy crap".

That's a really nice steelbook especially with the embossed central section (if that's how it will be) though as I've not watched it yet can someone advise on the significance of the 1776 date on the Masonic/Rosicrucian symbol (if that's what it is).

Crossing Over wasn't even released in theaters. That is not a sign of quality...When you have Harrison Ford in your movie and you can't even get it into theaters...

I suppose the subject matter was 'too close to home' for the American market . . .
It did have a limited release in cinemas though only had modest box office of $3.5M in the States and internationally.
Whereas it's true that it was released straight to DVD in certain territories I'd say there's no shame in that and many stars have been in the same boat including Bruce Willis, Nicolas Cage, Burt Reynolds, John Cusack, Brendan Fraser, Wesley Snipes, Dolph Lundgren, Jean-Claude van Damme and the rest.
Anyway, who is going to forget that scene with Alice Eve ;)

I suppose the subject matter was 'too close to home' for the American market . . .
It did have a limited release in cinemas though only had modest box office of $3.5M in the States and internationally.
Whereas it's true that it was released straight to DVD in certain territories I'd say there's no shame in that and many stars have been in the same boat including Bruce Willis, Nicolas Cage, Burt Reynolds, John Cusack, Brendan Fraser, Wesley Snipes, Dolph Lundgren, Jean-Claude van Damme and the rest.
Anyway, who is going to forget that scene with Alice Eve ;)
It is true that release strategies are changing. Some films that do not make a theatrical does not mean they are automatically bad. (Myriad reasons for that- a crappy distributor can just sink you). Unfortunately, that stigma still exists though. If you do not make theatrical- you are labeled 'straight to video (or VOD now)' quality.
It is still a largely true axiom at the moment. Very few films with major talent that don't make theatrical, are rarely proved to be 'wrongly' banished to VOD release. They just didn't cut the mustard as a feature despite the talent.
There are more and more of these it seems. The most current example is LAST KNIGHTS, which had Morgan Freeman & Clive Owen and has even goteen a steelbook release. But it was never theatrical, and all accounts say it is awful, and deserved to be VOD. Just having name talent can't guarantee a feature quality movie.
But this also cuts both ways- I think most Robert Rodriguez movies look like they were shot for 50 cents and a Mac Computer and they get a theatrical release. Go figure.

Looking again at the colouring of these steelbooks I was wondering if it isn't about time for 'The Mummy' trilogy to be released as individual steelbooks ?

Reactions: Stuc
That's a really nice steelbook especially with the embossed central section (if that's how it will be) though as I've not watched it yet can someone advise on the significance of the 1776 date on the Masonic/Rosicrucian symbol (if that's what it is).

USA
It's the year when a group of brave men decided to break away from British Tyrany rule and carve their nation's future.

UK
It's the year when a group of traitorous cowards attempted to break up Great Britain's proud colonial history.

Only joking folks, don't be bringing out the lynch mobs and such.

• Informative
Reactions: virkia
This steel looks stunning! Love the design, hoping for gloss!

Totally agree on the Mummy films, well the first two anyway, they'd be great in steel form

Let's first ask we get the sequel of this one released, then we can worry about the mummy

I agree, I'm getting this cause I love the movie, but I hoping they also releases a second steel to match, if be sad if they didn't.

Also fingers crossed on a 3rd film.

USA
It's the year when a group of brave men decided to break away from British Tyrany rule and carve their nation's future.

UK
It's the year when a group of traitorous cowards attempted to break up Great Britain's proud colonial history.

Only joking folks, don't be bringing out the lynch mobs and such.

Hey man that was a long swim for my ancestors! lol :wacky::wtf:

This title would be the best choice to see another crackled finish.
I don't know why this kind of finish is almost never used. Do Scanavo stoped it ?