Amazon.co.uk
Play
Sainsburys

47013713_500x500_3.jpg

47013713_500x500_2.jpg

Actual pics: (Thanks to Dubliner1)

Actual video: (Thanks to Dubliner1)
[media=youtube]U3yr5Jn-cO0[/media]

Anyone seen this as an alternative to the steelbook?

Ive had enough of steelbook collecting so ordered this version out of curiosity - looks like a potential new collectible packaging? No title on the spine though which is a bit rubbish...

Will post pics when mine arrives!

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 351
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 220
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 215
  • Oblivion.jpg
    Oblivion.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 244
Last edited by a moderator:
OK, so it has no title on the spine but if I was to have this it wouldn't match anything else so I would probably display this head-on anyway and a little seperate from the normal collection.
I have a feeling that the amaray fits inside and this is like a clam case going around it. if thats the "case" I don't really see why it has to have ratings logos on it and they cannot have a J card around it.

Interested to see how this turns out, as apparently everywhere will have this packaging I won't PO though (I'll stick with the steelbook)

Do we really want yet another medium to collect? We already have SteelBooks, DigiBooks, and various CE's...

If these were made of steel like SteelBooks, albeit with a thinner profile, then I would be all in. However, these look cheap and flimsy just like those skinny Amaray cases you sometimes get as part of trilogy box sets.

I'm also concerned about that opening "lip", which seems like it may make storing these side-by-side quite difficult.

Where does the disc go? I see no viable way of the packaging holding the disc. Or do they ship in a cardboard sleeve?

If this were the new medium for PS4 or Xbox One games, then I would be more willing to embrace it (same if it were steel), but to me it just feels like a cheap alternative to Amaray cases. Might take off in Japan where space is a premium, but I can't see it being popular in the US or UK.

I think it goes well with the very clean, crisp feel of this particular film, but I think it's use would work better if the type of film is paired well with it. That's just my thought as, like many here, I am a very visual person...

:::: Digitalbabe ::::
Staff/Community Manager
Hidefninja.com

Reactions: bloodsnake007