Amazon.co.uk
Play
Sainsburys

47013713_500x500_3.jpg

47013713_500x500_2.jpg

Actual pics: (Thanks to Dubliner1)

Actual video: (Thanks to Dubliner1)
[media=youtube]U3yr5Jn-cO0[/media]

Anyone seen this as an alternative to the steelbook?

Ive had enough of steelbook collecting so ordered this version out of curiosity - looks like a potential new collectible packaging? No title on the spine though which is a bit rubbish...

Will post pics when mine arrives!

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 351
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 220
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 215
  • Oblivion.jpg
    Oblivion.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 244
Last edited by a moderator:
I received my Oblivion Fr4me yesterday, and I have to say I am not very impressed. I was almost sold on it after seeing the various videos, but after experiencing it in-hand I can safely say I was very disappointed.

The first thing you notice is how cheap it feels. It almost feels as if it will fall apart in your hand. Amaray cases aren't exactly the most rigid thing in the world, but the Fr4me case is even more flimsy. The two halves don't quite meet up properly. It almost feels like it was cobbled together by primary school children made with recycled junk than a professional (and supposedly future collectible) product

I can't quite tell what the artwork inserts are made of (laminated cardboard?), but they don't feel as quality as I had expected. Also, the rating logos on the vertical artwork are not attractive, and neither is the blue banner across the top. If this is going to be a viable collectible format, these two things have to be addressed for future releases

For those wanting to display this vertically, you're out of luck. It seems that Scanavo intend you to display these horizontally. However, the "lip" stand isn't very sturdy, and doesn't offer very much support. They would have dne better to have designed a casing with a stand built into the back like a picture frame, so that you can display the artwork like you would a photo. I also don't understand the point of being able to remove the back frame, as you're only ever going to have one face of the Fr4me showing on display at once. This design only really needed the front bezel to be able to be removed

Had the Fr4me casing been made out of the same material as SteelBooks, a proper spine, and a stand built into the back instead of that stupid "lip", it would probably have won me over straight away! Scanavo could have done a much better job of this and charged a premium for a quality product, but this is certainly not what I consider it be a quality product - On the contrary, I would rather buy the standard Amaray over Fr4me!

Last edited:
Was tempted to buy this, I (still) think the design really fits the movie. But after the first reactions, I will give it a pass.

The only problem I have this and probably every other Fr4me release will be that there's no title on the side. So if I have them put up on my shelf I have to pull out each movie to find the one I'm looking for.

I would say the theory behind this is you can display them like a picture frame so u could keep the case open if you get my drift rather than on a shelf staxked together ?

I would say the theory behind this is you can display them like a picture frame so u could keep the case open if you get my drift rather than on a shelf staxked together ?

I don't think you are supposed to leave it open. You are meant to put the artwork you want on the outside and then stand it up although its not that sturdy as others have said. I still think the packaging is ok, it's something different and I don't mind more choices.

Reactions: Maccadinho25
Frame is just another example of someone trying to captialize on the market. Nothing more, it will fade and/or have occassional releases just like the rest. Barely anyone approves of this packaging. They attempted to ride a blockbuster movie hopeing for adoption.

Lets charge the same but lower manufacturer costs. BINGO!

I was able to get a hold of this in Sainsburys last weekend. To say it looks terrible would be an understatement. I am shocked that retailers accepted this pile of cr*p. Makes me think about the standards of the vetting process.

As mentioned before though you dont like anything :D

The level people get worked up to about packaging for a film is highly amusing - "Nastiest piece of packaging ive seen" :hilarious:

Reactions: justhedudeman
For anyone who is interested, HMV are selling these for £9.99 at the moment (spotted today in the Bluewater Stratford branch - and they had loads)