Amazon.co.uk
Play
Sainsburys

47013713_500x500_3.jpg

47013713_500x500_2.jpg

Actual pics: (Thanks to Dubliner1)

Actual video: (Thanks to Dubliner1)
[media=youtube]U3yr5Jn-cO0[/media]

Anyone seen this as an alternative to the steelbook?

Ive had enough of steelbook collecting so ordered this version out of curiosity - looks like a potential new collectible packaging? No title on the spine though which is a bit rubbish...

Will post pics when mine arrives!

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 351
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 220
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 215
  • Oblivion.jpg
    Oblivion.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 244
Last edited by a moderator:
Originally i thought it looked awful, but those actual pics make me actually want to buy one, would deffo buy one of those over an ammaray, or as an alternative for a steel if it looks right :)

Picked up today at HMV Cardiff, £14.99 in-store. When I saw it I had to get it. I think its really nice. But could be better with a spine so you know what it is on a shelf. But I also understand that that's not really what is meant for. Its meant to be displayed showing the front. I'd pick this over an amaray case anyday.

Saw these in store today, they're just poor all round. The artwork on them looks tiny compared to amaray's alongside them. You're meant to be buying these for the artwork yet the artwork is smaller than a standard release and it still has logos on the case and cover. Makes no sense to me how this appeals to a collector...

Picked up today at HMV Cardiff, £14.99 in-store. When I saw it I had to get it. I think its really nice. But could be better with a spine so you know what it is on a shelf. But I also understand that that's not really what is meant for. Its meant to be displayed showing the front. I'd pick this over an amaray case anyday.

I agree, i really like it as something different. If they gave you more artwork on the box that would be great. Hoping Despicable Me 2 ends up on amazon.fr :D

Reactions: brandon93
I say its amaray case 2.0

I'd say more like amaray 0.5....definately a step backwards!

Tend to agree with you both there. Good title to launch product but unless they produce a wall mounted Frame for your Fr4mes then you are stuffed working out which is which. Just an alternative to the Amaray imo. Sorry Scanavo.

Reactions: PunkNinja
Tend to agree with you both there. Good title to launch product but unless they produce a wall mounted Frame for your Fr4mes then you are stuffed working out which is which. Just an alternative to the Amaray imo. Sorry Scanavo.

Wall mounted Fr4me, great idea! It will be good too if you can add a strut to make it stand. And what if you can put your steelbook, just like a plastic protector that you can hang or stand. Need more improvements.

Easier said than done. I've been in HMV and Asda today and neither had the standard amaray, so simply not buying them might not be an option. I hear that Tesco do have the amaray though.

Yeah our Tesco was full of standard amaray version. No slip either. Tbh it looked rather bereft and crap compared to the Fr4me version.

I'll probably pick up the Fr4me (sorry, new sn4pper) then.

It was only today when I saw this in hand that I realised the circular bit on the case is to act as a stand. Doesn't really offer the option to have it upright though.

I was hoping someone would confirm that, I guess a few of these in landscape could look interesting. Particularly if the frames get finishes, like Oblivion, that compliment the film?