Amazon.co.uk
Play
Sainsburys

47013713_500x500_3.jpg

47013713_500x500_2.jpg

Actual pics: (Thanks to Dubliner1)

Actual video: (Thanks to Dubliner1)
[media=youtube]U3yr5Jn-cO0[/media]

Anyone seen this as an alternative to the steelbook?

Ive had enough of steelbook collecting so ordered this version out of curiosity - looks like a potential new collectible packaging? No title on the spine though which is a bit rubbish...

Will post pics when mine arrives!

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 351
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 220
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 215
  • Oblivion.jpg
    Oblivion.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 244
Last edited by a moderator:
This does look very unique and fitting for the film. Hopefully the price drops but if it doesn't then ill wait to see in hand pics.

I do like how it looks though

Edit:

I just clicked on inside artwork on play and it shows amaray version with slip:

ua96.jpg

So I'm guessing it is a plastic frame with the amaray version inside. What makes it more interesting is that the amaray pictured has a slip which is different artwork so the frame must have its own front & back artwork as well as the pictures inside artwork.

Last edited:
Very interesting packaging. Zavvi has the same thing cheaper but doesn't say "frame packaging". Here.

I cancelled my Steel. I refuse to pay these higher prices any longer. 23 for Life of Pi pushed me over the edge, it's just too damned much.

What do you all think of this packaging? Never seen it before.

403563d1371239715-new-rival-coming-soon-oblivion.jpg

I cancelled my Steel. I refuse to pay these higher prices any longer. 23 for Life of Pi pushed me over the edge, it's just too damned much.

What do you all think of this packaging? Never seen it before.

403563d1371239715-new-rival-coming-soon-oblivion.jpg

I don't think it will last, my guess is that it is designed just for this release and not for commrrcial use with other titles...

Tbh though it actually looks quite good, i might wait and see if anyone uploads pics of this when released as it will be intreasting to see the quality :)

Reactions: GarethAF
I don't think it will last, my guess is that it is designed just for this release and not for commrrcial use with other titles...

Tbh though it actually looks quite good, i might wait and see if anyone uploads pics of this when released as it will be intreasting to see the quality :)

Yeah I quite like it myself. It's cheaper than the Steel, so I might just buy that.

There's an angled picture of it on Amazon.

Looks interesting but I don't like how it has 2 banners (blu-ray logo up top AND a full banner below it), plus seems to have no title on the spine so looks a bit flimsy.