Pain & Gain (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: December 23rd, 2013
Purchase link: Pain & Gain Sold-out
Price: £23.99
Notes: Limited to 1000 units in UK (This means 3k+ will be released in other countries)
The finishes are overall matte varnish, except for a spot UV gloss on Mark and Dwayne on the front cover.

10858488-1380897011-536845.jpg

10858488-1380897011-536857.jpg

10858488-1380897011-536835.jpg

The disc will be the same as the new US Special Edition

Here's something that's made me very happy. From the PR company -

Hi Matt,

I hope you are well, please find attached the press release for Pain & Gain. I am pleased to confirm that the UK release will feature the same extras as the US special edition release.

Kind Regards

Kerry

Latest update from Zavvi
Still waiting on finalised artwork.

The finishes are overall matte varnish, except for a spot UV gloss on Mark and Dwayne on the front cover.

There’s a pantone red on their names on the front cover, and emboss on the title treatment.

Confirmed as 1000 units only and from the traffic and questions we are getting, think this will only last a couple of days at the most before selling out.

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,030
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 459
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 338
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 398
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 357
Last edited by a moderator:
I guess we'll see everyone who posted "cancelled" 1-2 week prior the release re-ordering it right now after seeing how magnificient this release is finally... even if the price is :ugh:

I'm part of those... :p

£23.99 Sterling
€29.99 Euro

I have still no interest in this at that price
does not matter to me if this was limited to 500 or 1000 or 10000
I have to want the film and I have watched it and its not for me
Ask yourself why your buying this if it just because its a limited 1000 release that is not a reason to buy

If of course you like the film then that's a different matter and would make sense to purchase
Pain & Gain

Some will buy just to have a limited release even if they hate the film and that's there choice
I don't buy for that reason and I never will
In comparison There will be Blood is a film I love and the fact that's limited to 1000 makes it better as a collector but if I did not like a film it would be no purchase
(With one exception Disney Collection I will get Planes even though I don't like the film but only when its reduced in price more as I want to have the full Disney collection but only if planes sells at £6.99 - £9.99)
Lot of people cancelled Pain & Gain because they really did not want it and only initially jumped to order because it was a limited release of 1000 very easy to do when you get hooked on buying steelbooks IMO (in my opinion)

For those who really wanted Pain & Gain steelbook I'm happy for you to get your chance

Last edited:
Curious to know how many they have, can put over a thousand into my basket and go to checkout, without it saying I have too many.

Curious to know how many they have, can put over a thousand into my basket and go to checkout, without it saying I have too many.

You could put a million in the basket, Zavvi's website doesn't work like that. It looks like it is 'sold out' again anyway. I'm glad I pre-ordered, just the single copy and it arrived mint. I feel no need to order a spare for 'trade' or to 'help out friends and family' as so many do with a release like this. ;)

You could put a million in the basket, Zavvi's website doesn't work like that. It looks like it is 'sold out' again anyway. I'm glad I pre-ordered, just the single copy and it arrived mint. I feel no need to order a spare for 'trade' or to 'help out friends and family' as so many do with a release like this. ;)

Well I am happy to help out a friend if I can and it's nice when someone is kind enough to help me. :thumbs:

had this in my basket twice this afternoon but just couldnt hit the confirm button at this price for a film that i havent seen, even though the steel is very nice. Maybe if this was released at a different time of year other than around xmas i might have just gone for it