Play.com - SteelBook Retailer Thread [Europe]

play.gif
Please feel free to discuss/chat whatever it could be steelbook related to Play.com.

Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Important:
This store only ships to specific countrys in Europe. If you want to buy from this store, you need a contact OR join a specific Group Buy.

Packaging exemple: (tx to Acid)
View attachment 14139

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lgans316
I don't know if this was mentioned here before, but does play.com have any limitations on order quantities for their exclusives? I'm planning on picking up some extras to help out friends, but don't know if I should contact play about it to explain the situation.

No limitations as far as I know.

Technically it's 5 per title.

Indeed.

The products sold on the Site are not for re-sale or distribution. Customers are limited to a purchase of 5 items of any one product. We reserve the right to suspend accounts where we believe products are being ordered in breach of this Term 31. Play.com does not accept liability for any business loss (including loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or wasted expenditure) or any other indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of the Site or for any products or services purchased from Play.com. when not using the products in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.

Anyone else notice that the glue on the steelbook boxes seems a little weaker this week? They were still held shut firmly, but it didn't take any effort to pop them open. I'd been using a knife to prise Play's boxes open with the last few deliveries. It's a change for the better, assuming it wasn't just a one off.

Shocked that Hermes delivered today, did not expect that. Hope it continues but I have a feeling that down the line they'll start slacking (gotta give those good first impressions, eh...?).

Oldboy steelbook

£11.99 or €17.49

play need to sort out their conversion rates this should be €14.99 at most in euros

11.99 GBP = 14.8835 EUR
xe.com

out by more than 2.50 euros thats a big difference

No that's not. If you're paying in euros, that means you live outside the UK. Postage cost is not free and it's not as cheap as shipping inside the UK. They may state "Free delivery" for every product but the cost is included in the conversion (£ -> €).

Anyone reckon theyll give us an option of getting a delivery from RM (with Extra cost)? Hermes still not here if this was sent using RM special delivery wouldve gotten it yesterday! Absolute piss take! :angry:

Shocked that Hermes delivered today, did not expect that. Hope it continues but I have a feeling that down the line they'll start slacking (gotta give those good first impressions, eh...?).

I recieved a Hot Fuzz damaged today and I was dissapointed to find out the courier has to come and pick it up. It's a real pain if no one is in to answer, it was a lot easier with Royal Mail to return it.:rolleyes:

Anyone reckon theyll give us an option of getting a delivery from RM (with Extra cost)? Hermes still not here if this was sent using RM special delivery wouldve gotten it yesterday! Absolute piss take! :angry:

Sadly they'll knock that aside as contracted release date is not till Monday and if they deliver on or before Monday then they're in the clear.

Sadly they'll knock that aside as contracted release date is not till Monday and if they deliver on or before Monday then they're in the clear.

Yea I suppose technically its released on monday :( I guess we can say goodbye to release weekend viewing effing bollocks lol so I guess I'm getting this on monday then as they dont do saturdays?

EDIT:

Turned up half an hour ago. Still not happy tho RM wouldve had it with me yesterday morning :hilarious: :p

Last edited:
Seeing as everyone else received theirs I thought I would check Hermes tracking and low and behold my watchmen was noted as "delivered to poarch".

No card in the letterbox, I don't have a poarch, so I thought I would check the back of the house. Nothing there, so I had the bright idea to check the bin as some clown put a suit i bought from M&S last year in there. Low and behold, they threw it in my bin.

I am ****ing livid about this. I'm now covered in crap as I fished it of the bin in the dark.

Who else really wants these releases to be more ultimate editions? They should include the extras discs etc, I'm sure we'd all pay the little extra for them! It baffles me and frustrates me that they are not :-(

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Who else really wants these releases to be more ultimate editions? They should include the extras discs etc, I'm sure we'd all pay the little extra for them! It baffles me and frustrates me that they are not :-(

I mean for ALL releases when I say this

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

I mean for ALL releases when I say this

I agree. For the sake of an extra £1 or £2, I want it to have everything available that the standard version has.

I agree. For the sake of an extra £1 or £2, I want it to have everything available that the standard version has.
yeah totally agree, it does feel as if we are not getting the full package, i guess play don't care as long as we are still buying then they will continue to do this, the amount that we pay for these steel's and how often we buy them it deserves to be the complete product and not just half the set, I think the amount of money we spend on the steel's now is enough to include the extra disc after all these are not new movies.

Hate to be the bearer of even worse news (and it might not apply to Steels). Spoke to Hermes driver this morning delivering my son's box and was told that contract is with Hermes, Royal Mail and ...... YODEL EEK!

:ohno: please not Yodel, the last time those muppets delivered something to me they put it in the bin - on bin collection day! :angry:

The time before that it was just thrown over the back fence :angry:

yeah totally agree, it does feel as if we are not getting the full package, i guess play don't care as long as we are still buying then they will continue to do this, the amount that we pay for these steel's and how often we buy them it deserves to be the complete product and not just half the set, I think the amount of money we spend on the steel's now is enough to include the extra disc after all these are not new movies.

I totally agree with all your post except for one thing... PLAY.

Why do you blame Play for this. And you´re not the only one.
Whenever a steel is not up to the desired standards there is always at least one user who points the finger at Play.

They are just the seller... nothing more.

I totally agree with all your post except for one thing... PLAY.

Why do you blame Play for this. And you´re not the only one.
Whenever a steel is not up to the desired standards there is always at least one user who points the finger at Play.

They are just the seller... nothing more.

the studios then or whoever makes the decisions to only include 1 disc, they need to stop being so tight and give us the paying customers what we want:hilarious: