Riddick (3rd film) - In theaters September 6, 2013

Apr 2, 2009
From IMDB:
Betrayed by his own kind and left for dead on a desolate planet, Riddick fights for survival against alien predators and becomes more powerful and dangerous than ever before. Soon bounty hunters from throughout the galaxy descend on Riddick only to find themselves pawns in his greater scheme for revenge. With his enemies right where he wants them, Riddick unleashes a vicious attack of vengeance before returning to his home planet of Furya to save it from destruction.
With: Vin Diesel, Karl Urban and Katee Sackhoff

Trailer:

Teaser Trailer:

Original infos:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=63383

In an article at The Hollywood Reporter talking about Riddick, the third installment of the series that began with Vin Diesel starrer Pitch Black, The Hollywood Reporter reveals the first story details of the film:

Though billed as a back-to-basics approach to the character popularized by Diesel, the script features the character -- the most wanted man in the galaxy -- left for dead on a barren alien planet, dealing with "trisons" (three-legged bisons) and "mud demons." He must then contend with two squads of bounty hunters, one of which ride rockets called jetcycles.

David Twohy will direct again from his own script.
while i'm totally excited for this, are they not going for new idea's?

Attachments

• Riddick3.jpg
    Riddick3.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 202
  • riddickposter.jpg
    riddickposter.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 177
Last edited by a moderator:
Vin Diesel Teases Riddick Details

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=72573

Vin Diesel has offered some slight hints at what fans can expect from the upcoming Riddick, courtesy of his Facebook fan page.

"[M]y partner on [The Chronicles of Riddick] since the beginning, [David Twohy]... has a new challenge in store," writes Diesel, "He wants me to have 3 different body looks for this next chapter... There is the DiNorscio type, the Dom type, and the lean Furyan type... but all in the same movie, haha... When it comes to art, we all like a challenge."

In addition to the "Furyan type" of the previous Twohy films (Pitch Black and The Chronicles of Riddick), Diesel makes reference to his body type in Find Me Guilty and in the Fast and the Furious films.

In addition to the comment, Diesel posted the below artwork which seems to rework a promotional painting from the videogame "The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena" into a teaser for the upcoming film. Click on the image to head over to see the original post.

Read more: Vin Diesel Teases Riddick Details - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=72573#ixzz19VTqKuxR

Katee Sackhoff lands a lead role in new 'Riddick' flick

Per First Showing:

Time to bust out the Battlestar! Deadline is reporting that Katee Sackhoff is in final negotiations to star as the female lead in David Twohy's new Chronicles of Riddick sequel movie, still untitled, in the works at Universal. Sackhoff most recently has been working on A&E's "Longmire" and will finish that and move on to shoot Riddick next. This news picks up on the new R-rated Riddick sequel after they halted production for two months due to "financing issues"; production will now start up again in Montreal. Vin Diesel is back as Riddick and Sackhoff will play Dahl, a Nordic mercenary tracking him in this. Glad it's back on track!

While we still need a title, here's what it's about: Betrayed by his own kind and left for dead on a desolate planet, Riddick fights for survival against alien predators and becomes more powerful and dangerous than ever before. Soon bounty hunters from throughout the galaxy descend on Riddick only to find themselves pawns in his greater scheme for revenge. That's the supposed plot for this new Riddick movie, and it sounds like Sackhoff will play one of the mercs after him. It's a bit odd that she's joining this late into production, but we don't know much about the supporting cast, so it sounds like it's just now coming together anyway.
Update: In addition to Sackhoff, Variety also adds that Jordi Molla (seen in Bad Boys II, Inconceivable, Knight and Day, Bunraku, Colombiana) is joining Riddick as the villain, named Santana. Like Sackhoff, he's a mercenary who heads up an eight-man crew tasked with finding and killing him. He's the next to join.

Sackhoff has been in a few films before, including Halloween: Resurrection and White Noise 2: The Light; however most of her work is on TV, where she was in NBC's "Bionic Woman", Sci-FI's "Battlestar Galactica" as Starbuck, the final season of "24", and a few episodes of "CSI" recently. It's good to see her landing a solid lead like this, but there's no guarantee this film will launch her into Hollywood or anything. Or if it will even turn out any good. But I'm hoping for the best from Twohy, taking it back to his roots, delivering a budget-trimmed sci-fi flick that recalls Pitch Black more than Chronicles of Riddick. That's what I'm hoping to see.

Love the Riddick films and glad they are finally going ahead with this.

would of been intresting to see what was planned for CoR 2 & 3 but to be honest i think it may of been a bit OTT

Katie on the otherhand :drool:

Another fan of the Riddick films, Diesel is perfect as the lead.

I was disappointed when production stopped on CoR 2 & 3 as I wanted to see where they would take it, but like they say better late than never! So roll on this third flick and get some more Riddick action on the go!!

So, somewhere along the way to Underverse, he gets beaten in a coup d'etat and is left for dead on a hostile planet. Should be good. My one concern is that the alien creatures / predators be lifelike and believable. I love VFX, but in some cases, I can discern what was clearly a CGI-constructed creature, or not.

I see Karl Urban is back, but no Thandie Newton. I wonder if Keri Hilson will be fulfilling the role of Dame Vaako? Thandie was uber-sexy and manipulative in that role. Reminded me of a futuristic Lady Macbeth.

From FS.net:
While there are plenty of fans anticipating another sequel in the Fast & Furious franchise, there are some more passionate fans who have been waiting a longer time to see Vin Diesel in Riddick, the sequel to the sci-fi action thrillers Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick. David Twohy is returning to the director's chair and Diesel will be joined by "Battlestar Galactica" star Katee Sackhoff and Star Trek and Dredd actor Karl Urban. Diesel has always said he wanted to make an R-rated sequel, and even took a paycut to make sure it got made. Now Collider has learned the MPAA has announced the film as R-rated.

Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick director David Twohy returns to write and direct the sequel Riddick starring Vin Diesel. Betrayed by his own kind and left for dead on a desolate planet, Riddick fights for survival against alien predators and becomes more powerful and dangerous than ever before. Soon bounty hunters from throughout the galaxy descend on Riddick only to find themselves pawns in his greater scheme for revenge. With his enemies right where he wants them, Riddick unleashes a vicious attack of vengeance before returning to his home planet of Furya to save it from destruction. Universal has not set a release date yet, but we expect it sometime in 2013. Stay tuned for more updates on this anticipated sequel.

That's good news right? Let's just hope it makes more money than Dredd...