Riddick (3rd film) - In theaters September 6, 2013

Apr 2, 2009
From IMDB:
Betrayed by his own kind and left for dead on a desolate planet, Riddick fights for survival against alien predators and becomes more powerful and dangerous than ever before. Soon bounty hunters from throughout the galaxy descend on Riddick only to find themselves pawns in his greater scheme for revenge. With his enemies right where he wants them, Riddick unleashes a vicious attack of vengeance before returning to his home planet of Furya to save it from destruction.
With: Vin Diesel, Karl Urban and Katee Sackhoff

Trailer:

Teaser Trailer:

Original infos:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=63383

In an article at The Hollywood Reporter talking about Riddick, the third installment of the series that began with Vin Diesel starrer Pitch Black, The Hollywood Reporter reveals the first story details of the film:

Though billed as a back-to-basics approach to the character popularized by Diesel, the script features the character -- the most wanted man in the galaxy -- left for dead on a barren alien planet, dealing with "trisons" (three-legged bisons) and "mud demons." He must then contend with two squads of bounty hunters, one of which ride rockets called jetcycles.

David Twohy will direct again from his own script.
while i'm totally excited for this, are they not going for new idea's?

Attachments

• Riddick3.jpg
    Riddick3.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 200
  • riddickposter.jpg
    riddickposter.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 176
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the just mixed Pitch Black with some elements from Chronicles Of Riddki and made a movie.And Dave Batista in this movie is a big no no.

I think it looks great, personally. Pitch Black, to me, is a sci-fi masterpiece. The Chronicles of Riddick, while still very cool, just tried too hard. This film looks like it's going back to the basics and I'm really psyched for that!

I think it looks great, personally. Pitch Black, to me, is a sci-fi masterpiece. The Chronicles of Riddick, while still very cool, just tried too hard. This film looks like it's going back to the basics and I'm really psyched for that!

:yeahthat: +1

Reactions: tridon
I LOVED Riddick chronicles of so much more. Pitch Black was amazing no doubt or denying that.

The second movie for me was just mind blowing.

Interested to see where Lord Varko and the other necro's are after all he kept what he killed.

Also I HOPE thire will be a game to enhance the Riddick mythology :D.

It seems like the same movie as Pitch Black re-done.... I thought we would se some progression of the storyline built from CoR. Im sure it will be a good movie and super stoked still to see this but I cant help the feeling Im disappointed from that trailer about the storyline.

i agree with you bourne. it looks like pitch black redone. dont know if itll be worth paying the money to see it.

Superb work driven by the leverage Vin has with the studios now. Over 44 million likes on his FaceBook page adds up to a lot of clout with those who crave profit.

Looking forward to this, starting stacking pennies for the Korean SB in case there's no Western release.

And Fast 7 in the works as well. :oohyeah:

I's a very happy bunny. :D

I really hope this comes to my nearest IMAX! I want this to contain elements from both previous movies in the series. I enjoy both movies equally.

I am hoping this isn't Pitch Black 2. I am hoping for something in between 1/2. I prefer Chronicles, so I'm hoping they are only showing the Pitch Black type stuff in the trailer. I can't wait to see his pet for the first time.

I agree with you Che. I've read a lot of people want it to be similar to Pitch Black. There is not much more you can bring in this series if they go back to the Humans stuck on planet with alien predators storyline. With Chronicles of Riddick the story can progress to many arenas of the Universe.