Amazon.co.uk
Base.com
Sainsbury's
Zavvi
Region coding: B
Group Buy - CLICK HERE < hosted by Naughtius Maximus

61TsHtjtJHL._SL1500_.jpg

Additional info from Noodles

Just been chatting to Elliot Cardona (the guy who designed the artwork) and he confirmed that this has "a matte finish with a Pantone red and embossed lettering." Shame it's not gloss, but I can live with it being matte because I like the artwork so much. Can't wait for this one!

Actual Photoshots courtesy of paulboland.
1496946_10202828772100926_1667782533_n.jpg

11507_10202828773260955_1126130939_n.jpg

1622858_10202828773140952_1548283578_n.jpg

1509763_10202828773300956_1288114050_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind the plainness of the design but I'm not a big fan of the embossing here. While it's normal to see some deformation of the surface around embossed titles, this one looks like it's been hammered out by a repair shop after a prang. Would have preferred it flat like an F1 car graphic personally.

kgss.jpg

The embossing on yours certainly doesn't look great in that photo mate... but maybe it's just the light reflecting off the wrapping and causing shadows that's causing it to look worse than it is? Mine (and all others I've seen so far) definitely isn't as you describe it anyway, so could be you just got unlucky...? :dunno:

maybe it's just the light reflecting off the wrapping and causing shadows that's causing it to look worse than it is?

Nope, really is that bad. In fact a bit worse than the pictures suggest. I have 2 copies and they're both the same so I guess that's double bad luck. Never mind, bit of panel beating will sort em out... :ohno:

The 2nd disc is the dvd,nout special

It frustrates me how we are still getting "double play" Blu ray and DVD steelbooks. I have never used the DVD copies in any of my steels.

In my opinion, this is not a worthy £19.99 release for just a DVD copy to go with it.

Wish they would just do what most new releases do now, this being the Blu-ray Disc and a UV code, charging £14.99-£15.99.

Anyhow, rant over :D

It frustrates me how we are still getting "double play" Blu ray and DVD steelbooks. I have never used the DVD copies in any of my steels.

In my opinion, this is not a worthy £19.99 release for just a DVD copy to go with it.

Wish they would just do what most new releases do now, this being the Blu-ray Disc and a UV code, charging £14.99-£15.99.

Anyhow, rant over :D
kind of agree,i mean if you want to change around the insides of the steelbooks,say changing wreck it ralph from a 2d to a 2d and 3d there pretty good for that,since you can just throw them away (or sell them) of course in a perfect world we would have all the content in one,but it's better the nothing. i don't think new releases are going to be that low unless it's a meh film (sorry riddick fans) granted this wasn't very popular,but it was very very well done and a fantastic movie,and they charge whatever people will pay and im happy to pay because i loved the film so much. mini rant not really banter discussion convo over ? :hilarious:

kind of agree,i mean if you want to change around the insides of the steelbooks,say changing wreck it ralph from a 2d to a 2d and 3d there pretty good for that,since you can just throw them away (or sell them) of course in a perfect world we would have all the content in one,but it's better the nothing. i don't think new releases are going to be that low unless it's a meh film (sorry riddick fans) granted this wasn't very popular,but it was very very well done and a fantastic movie,and they charge whatever people will pay and im happy to pay because i loved the film so much. mini rant not really banter discussion convo over ? :hilarious:

Yeah, I know what it's like loving a movie and needing the steelbook.

I have not seen the film yet, so that DVD copy you have... :hilarious:

After my last blind buy, Oblivion, never again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I know what it's like loving a movie and needing the steelbook.

I have not seen the film yet, so that DVD copy you have... :hilarious:

After my last blind buy, Oblivion, never again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
slight off topic post and the last one i promise mods.
but i have this trait....i can tell if a movie is going to suck and oblivion was one of them :hilarious: it looked like a wall-e remake :emb: recently i saw american hustle too which i knew was going to be bad,but i got dragged along to it. god that was such a borefest.

how do you find out the availability or print runs BTW

Add 999 (maximum quantity you're allowed) of the item to your basket... if the remaining stock is anything less than that, then it will tell you the amount they have left. ;)

Doubt it'll be around much longer on Amazon if they really did only have 600 or so left... WEA art on this one and people from all over the world will be ordering it from Amazon UK!

Last edited:
Reactions: howiesteed
Cheers noodles looks like my afternoon is sorted putting 999 into everything lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Pleasure. :)

Haha have fun! But FYI - don't try it on Zavvi, as you have to delete each one manually from your basket otherwise... I learnt that the hard way. :(

Pleasure. :)

Haha have fun! But FYI - don't try it on Zavvi, as you have to delete each one manually from your basket otherwise... I learnt that the hard way. :(

Ha ha too late got to 1399 on zavvi and then realised but I just cleared all browsing history and then went back in cleared the lot

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk