Se7en (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Ultimate Collector's Edition/What's in the Box?! Special Edition) [UK]

Flloydo

That's not a skirt girl, that's a sawn off shotgun
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Ur mum
Release date: TBA
Purchase links: Collectors's Edition - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop UK - What's in the Box?! Special Edition - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop UK
Price: £44.99 (Collectors Edition) - £79.99 (What's in the Box?! Special Edition)
Notes: What's in the Box?! Special Edition is a UK/Ireland Exclusive

81ONt6i2snL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81LPYorGJZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Collectors edition contents
  • Film on 4K UHD and Blu-Ray
  • Steelbook (Design TBC)
  • Slipcase (Design TBC)
  • John Doe 38-Page Booklet
  • 7x Deadly Sin Crime Scene Art Cards
  • Double-Sided A3 Poster
  • 'Help Me' Glow-in-the-Dark Art Card
  • Investigation Chalkboard Art Card

What’s in the box edition contents:
  • Film on 4K UHD and Blu-Ray
  • Steelbook (Design TBC)
  • Box Packaging (Design TBC)
  • John Doe 38-Page Booklet
  • Frosted Pine LITTLE TREES Brand Air Freshener
  • 7x Deadly Sin Comic Books
  • 7x Deadly Sin Crime Scene Art Cards
  • Double-Sided A3 Poster
  • “Help Me” Glow-in-the-Dark Art Card
  • Investigation Chalkboard Art Card
  • Numbered Sticker of Authenticity

Last edited by a moderator:
See previous post #87 from Hi Def Ninja member JWWBD95
Post in thread 'Se7en (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Ultimate Collector's Edition/What's in the Box?! Special Edition) [UK]'
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...he-box-special-edition-uk.120464/post-2547537

He works for Warner as in looks after managing Warner releases for UK

He posted release will be in 2024 and will provide actual release date and SteelBook and packaging artwork next year

Next year is 2024 :p

Ignore any retailers listing a December release date as that’s just a placeholder date

keep supporting crap if you want more crap. good idea
I'll get The Abyss on disc no matter what. I don't even have it on DVD. Feel free to enjoy it in whichever form you like though, it's a free world.

As for True Lies, Aliens... already have the blus, I can always go back to those if the botoxed versions turn out to be really bad. But here's a thing, I didn't mind T2 on 4k so who knows.

Anyone have a clue how many copies of each set were made for all the retailers? If it’s 6-10K or more I’ll wait.

If the What’s in the Box Edition was around 2K, for the sake of argument, total copies I would get this preordered now. If it were 6K I would wait and take my chances.

Anyone have a clue how many copies of each set were made for all the retailers? If it’s 6-10K or more I’ll wait.

If the What’s in the Box Edition was around 2K, for the sake of argument, total copies I would get this preordered now. If it were 6K I would wait and take my chances.
Personally, I think due to the indeterminate release date, they've probably not even begun manufacturing and are clearly taking purchase numbers from pre orders. Hence no set amounts.
Annoying and against the spirit of a collectors release. Not a limited number I guess. Hopefully it'll be just one print run and gone though.

Reactions: Jaxxx and samdavies
Personally, I think due to the indeterminate release date, they've probably not even begun manufacturing and are clearly taking purchase numbers from pre orders. Hence no set amounts.
Annoying and against the spirit of a collectors release. Not a limited number I guess. Hopefully it'll be just one print run and gone though.
What's in the Box?! Special Edition is a numbered limited edition and Exclusive to UK
It's also available to pre order from Golden Discs in Ireland as most UK releases especially from the main film studio distributors are both UK/Ireland when it comes to DVD/Blu-ray/UHD releases and is why you see both UK/Irish age ratings on releases

The Ultimate Collector’s Edition is getting a release in a few countries in Europe that is why there is separate threads for that edition
UK/Ireland/France/Germany and Nordic Countries so far announced

Most of the SteelBook print run will be for the Ultimate Collector's Edition as that's been released in multiple countries

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Jaxxx
Amazon.us now says January 12, 2024 for this. Not sure if it's a new date or what.
Note
Amazon USA and Walmart are import listings of the UK releases and is not a USA release
Media Format ‏ : ‎ Import
This is why prices are high on Amazon USA/Walmart
Ignore that January 12, 2024 release date listed

As per previous info provided the release date has not yet been announced by Warner UK
Also Ignore any retailers listing December 30 2024 as that is just a placeholder date

Later In 2024 warner will provide info on release date with updated mock ups images showing confirmed artwork to SteelBook/Slip/Box

On-Disc Special Features:

• 4 Commentaries Featuring Director David Fincher, Actors Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman, and Other Collaborators on the Film
  • Additional / Extended Scenes
  • Alternate Endings
  • Exploration of the Opening Title Sequence from Multiple Video Angles with Various Audio Mixes and 2 Commentary Tracks
  • Production Design and Still Photographs with Commentaries
  • The Notebooks: Full Motion Video Details "John Doe's" Writings
  • Mastering for the Home Theater: Includes Alternate Angles and Audio Between Original and New Masters Theatrical Trailer

Apparently showing May 3rd now.
UK release date has not been announced yet

Ignore release date listed on Amazon USA
May 3rd is a Friday
Amazon USA is UK import listings from third party seller that will be fulfilled by Amazon US
This is also why prices are high on USA site

As a pre order seller name will be listed as Amazon that will change usually to the third party seller name after release date as in when released and in stock

Release date listed usually changes a few times on Amazon USA in regards pre order listings of UK imports

This is not something new Amazon USA been doing this since 2022 on pre orders of import listings of Warner UK releases
Examples UK Batman Ultimate Collectors Editions SteelBook releases

Walmart also have had Warner UK releases listed to pre order since 2022 on some select releases
Example Warner UK Casablanca Ultimate Collector’s Edition SteelBook

Se7en
UK release date that is still TBA and will be on a Monday as usual

Reactions: Billy_86 and m4st4