Star Trek Into Darkness - In theaters May 17, 2013

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
From IMDB:
With: Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Karl Urban, zoe Saldana, Anton Yelchin, Simon Pegg and more...

Trailer:
More on Apple.com
(Youtube video is dead...)

Teaser trailer:

New Trailer just aired today (2013/04/16)

Old infos:
'Star Trek' Sequel Gets A Release Date

UPDATE: Paramount has confirmed to MTV that the projected release date for the "Star Trek" sequel is indeed June 29, 2012.

This counts as news, but there's not much to it. We all know there's a "Star Trek" sequel coming. Hell, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, writers/producers of the May reboot, were talking about sequel possibilities as far back as the week after the first movie came out. Now we have a date to pin our hopes to: June 29, 2012.

Nothing else is known or announced, so don't ask. Maybe director J.J. Abrams will return to helm the sequel, maybe he won't. Maybe Khan will be the villain, maybe not. For all we know, the plan is to give us an epic "Star Trek Meets Star Wars" crossover. Could happen, right?

The news comes from a variety of sources, including Ain't It Cool News and Box Office Mojo, but there's no Paramount-issued press release that I can find. The information ran through some trustworthy sources, but we've yet to receive comment from the studio directly.

Regardless, there really hasn't ever been any doubt that we'd be seeing more "Star Trek." Abrams' take on the series made it friendly to an entirely new, much wider audience than its ever known before.

Attachments

• startrekintodarknessWetEnterpfull03.jpg
    startrekintodarknessWetEnterpfull03.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 263
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hussun
I didn't pay attention to the music as the visuals captured all of my attention. Will go back and watch it again tonight.

All I can say is "Damn!" and my jaw was on the floor. I also watched the Japanese trailer which had a few more seconds of footage (included a homage to a key scene from Star Trek 2 : The Wrath of Khan). Benedict Cumberbatch's character looks to be a formidable opponent. Just incredible.

Benedict Cumberbatch has that great villain voice - it's too bad his age and look makes me think he's some peed-off kid from one of those Catholic boarding school movies or Harry Potter films. I sense that he's really gonna be more awesome when he's an old man playing villains (like Malcom McDowell or Christopher Lee).

Reactions: GVZER and Drum18