Star Trek Into Darkness - In theaters May 17, 2013

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
From IMDB:
With: Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Karl Urban, zoe Saldana, Anton Yelchin, Simon Pegg and more...

Trailer:
More on Apple.com
(Youtube video is dead...)

Teaser trailer:

New Trailer just aired today (2013/04/16)

Old infos:
'Star Trek' Sequel Gets A Release Date

UPDATE: Paramount has confirmed to MTV that the projected release date for the "Star Trek" sequel is indeed June 29, 2012.

This counts as news, but there's not much to it. We all know there's a "Star Trek" sequel coming. Hell, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, writers/producers of the May reboot, were talking about sequel possibilities as far back as the week after the first movie came out. Now we have a date to pin our hopes to: June 29, 2012.

Nothing else is known or announced, so don't ask. Maybe director J.J. Abrams will return to helm the sequel, maybe he won't. Maybe Khan will be the villain, maybe not. For all we know, the plan is to give us an epic "Star Trek Meets Star Wars" crossover. Could happen, right?

The news comes from a variety of sources, including Ain't It Cool News and Box Office Mojo, but there's no Paramount-issued press release that I can find. The information ran through some trustworthy sources, but we've yet to receive comment from the studio directly.

Regardless, there really hasn't ever been any doubt that we'd be seeing more "Star Trek." Abrams' take on the series made it friendly to an entirely new, much wider audience than its ever known before.

Attachments

• startrekintodarknessWetEnterpfull03.jpg
    startrekintodarknessWetEnterpfull03.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 264
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hussun
Damn, I want to watch this film this weekend, too! All we get for 3D this week is The Great Gatsby. Yes, I repeat... The Great Gatsby in 3D. :hilarious:

That's okay, though. I'll use this weekend to watch the first film again before I tour Into Darkness. :LOL:

Surprised they released The Great Gatsby in between Ironman and Star trek but it's got to be the most pointless 3D title to date

Released here in México, liked but not as part one, dont want to spoil right now.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2

I watched it last night, really great movie! :)

Cumberbatch does a excellent performance as
Khan!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Drum18
really want to watch this but i never enjoy films as much anymore in the cinema with all the talking, crunching on popcorn, crisps, sweets.

i might wait till its ending in the cinema so its quiet

trailer looks great, cant wait for this one

Reactions: Jace88
Just finished watching this on IMAX absolutely incredible!!! Is the only word I can think of, the 3d is amazing and the film is excellent also.

Saw it in IMAX 3D also tonight, what can i say, just WOW!!!!!

An epic movie, a very well told story, nothing dragged, with the amount of Star Trek over the years, you would think it gets tiresome, but not at all.

I agree this is better than the first and moves the story along as you would expect.

The IMAX is truly awesome and the 3D was worth it too. I'm so glad the UK is getting more releases early, feels like we're getting the worldwide previews in a way!!!!

JJ Abrams for Star Wars is just gonna be epic....

I saw it a few hours ago, I really enjoyed it. Special effects were awesome as always... and of course Lens Flare ahoy!

I hope a lovely steelbook gets made for it, so it can sit along nicely with its brother

Anyone see this in IMAX yet?

Was wondering how much of the movie is actually in native IMAX?

ummm, native Imax?

I saw midnight showing last night in 3D Imax, this movie is better than Iron Man, was a total OMG experience, looking at the technology in the film was unbelievable, looked surreal EEK!

i give it 10/5 stars :D

ummm, native Imax?

I saw midnight showing last night in 3D Imax, this movie is better than Iron Man, was a total OMG experience, looking at the technology in the film was unbelievable, looked surreal EEK!

i give it 10/5 stars :D

haha sorry, when I say 'native IMAX' I'm referring to scenes that are actually filmed in IMAX so they take up the whole screen and are very high res like was done in 'The Dark Knight Rises'

I'm only asking cause I tend to only go to IMAX shows that have a good amount of scenes that are actually filmed in IMAX

But good to hear the movie is great, can't wait to see it :)

We saw the 8 o clock faux (smaller) IMAX showing-had a ton of fun, really enjoyed it, and got the cool print, to boot! :scat:

went in totally blind (avoiding all reviews) and absolutley loved it!

In 2009 JJ knocked out out the park, in 2013 he knocked it into orbit!!!

can't wait for the 3D Blu-ray now (hopefully with the IMAX framed scenes)

Reactions: lgans316
Fantastic film. Went to the 9:45 IMAX showing this morning.... wow.. the visuals were awesome and the 3D was excellent. Story/plot and acting all supurb too. This is easily the best film I've seen in the theater so far this year.