Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 23, 2023
Purchase link: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £29.99

61dXq7lTepL._AC_SL1435_.jpg

Last edited:
No. If its framed it's embossed. If no frame it's debossed......
But that's not how they're made, the frame and title aren't embossed, they're just remaining parts while everything else is pressed down, i.e. debossed.
It's an eternal argument.

But that's not how they're made, the frame and title aren't embossed, they're just remaining parts while everything else is pressed down, i.e. debossed.
Yeah, the remaining parts are embossed. Hence, border-embossed.

No argument. That's the way it's always been....

I get what you're saying, but no, that's not how it is universally known. Under that logic no steel is embossed, everything is debossed, except the three amigos lol

If there's a frame/border, and elements within are punched out, they're embossed. If the steel is otherwise flat, with elements punched in, it's debossed.

Have I gone back in time on this site? Full in depth posts on how to remove glue from Steelbooks, weird questions on why people take j cards off and to top it off how do people still not understand the difference of debossing and embossing on a steelbook!?

Have I gone back in time on this site? Full in depth posts on how to remove glue from Steelbooks, weird questions on why people take j cards off and to top it off how do people still not understand the difference of debossing and embossing on a steelbook!?

Some may find those far more interesting than if someone's steelbook is shipped or not ... :naughty: :rofl:

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: leelee17
I also have had an email from HMV saying this has been delayed. However Zavvi are saying in stock and shipping so seems like maybe an HMV only issue!

Zavvi will show in stock cause it’s now released, even if they’ve had a delay also. Only way to know is if someone gets an email who’s ordered from them.

Reactions: Bizl
It's been so long since a non premium steel had embossing that the knowledge has been lost

It's been so long since a non premium steel had embossing that the knowledge has been lost
It does feel like it’s been a while. I know there’s probably been some I’m not aware of but it feels like a while

Reactions: leelee17
It does feel like it’s been a while. I know there’s probably been some I’m not aware of but it feels like a while
I'm sure I've probably missed some too, but this and Hannibal being embossed is really surprising. Hope its a trend that continues. Hate how everything became flat, featureless and more expensive when early play.com steelbooks were embossed and cost like £9.99.