Tenet (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 32) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: May 14, 2021
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on March 26, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $169.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Full Slip - 900 units: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
Lenticular Full Slip - 900 units: 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
Double Lenticular Full Slip - 900 units: 3D Lenticular x 2, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
Box Set - 500 sets: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Holofoil
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On, Protective Cover.

TN_overall_box0226_5000x.jpgTN_overall_fs0226_5000x.jpgTN_overall_Lfs0226_5000x.jpgTN_overall_DLfs0226_5000x.jpg
SteelBook.jpg

Last edited:
like most his films tbh. Which I’ve always enjoyed (not just with Nolan). I just love a complexly layered film. Memento and inception for him most definitely (even though I personally found them easy to follow - yet there’s some like my mum who still hasn’t got a f**king clue what’s going on :rofl:) but I also suppose the prestige and interstellar to a degree (for some)

But for me those multiple viewings would be at home. F**k paying £15+ every time at the cinema to watch it. Just the once for me then on to the home media

I'd imagine I would have played the part of your mum when I was watching Tenent last night :LOL::rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo
I'd imagine I would have played the part of your mum when I was watching Tenent last night :LOL::rofl:

:LOL: Do you also have your face glued to your phone when watching it and then have the audacity to ask what’s going on every 5 minutes?

I’ve not seen this yet but I can tell it’s going to be a bit of a mind bender like inception. There’s a chance I won’t have a clue what’s going on but I’m usually good at these films. We will see. If I find he’s being too pretentious like I’ve found with his last 3 films then I might not even enjoy it. But I want to

• Haha
Reactions: tommyh84
:LOL: Do you also have your face glued to your phone when watching it and then have the audacity to ask what’s going on every 5 minutes?

I’ve not seen this yet but I can tell it’s going to be a bit of a mind bender like inception. There’s a chance I won’t have a clue what’s going on but I’m usually good at these films. We will see. If I find he’s being too pretentious like I’ve found with his last 3 films then I might not even enjoy it. But I want to

No I was glued to it throughout trying to figure out WTF was going on :LOL::rofl:

Granted I've seen Inception a few times now but that's a John Woo action film compared to Tenet. Annoying thing is like I said in the movie thread once you watch an ending explained video on YouTube what you've just watched at the cinema all makes sense so it does feel like they're overcomplicating things just to look clever. Also again like I said in the other thread the dialogue is really hard to hear along with the backing track which made it doubly hard (for me at least)

Seems odd to say a film is good when you've got no idea what's going on but it is a good film and reckon I'll go again next week as I'm off work for a week :)

No I was glued to it throughout trying to figure out WTF was going on :LOL::rofl:

Granted I've seen Inception a few times now but that's a John Woo action film compared to Tenet. Annoying thing is like I said in the movie thread once you watch an ending explained video on YouTube what you've just watched at the cinema all makes sense so it does feel like they're overcomplicating things just to look clever. Also again like I said in the other thread the dialogue is really hard to hear along with the backing track which made it doubly hard (for me at least)

Seems odd to say a film is good when you've got no idea what's going on but it is a good film and reckon I'll go again next week as I'm off work for a week :)

haha nice. Never heard anyone call inception a John woo action film lol but I suppose in comparison to this that might make sense when i see it. I’m avoiding the movie thread incase there’s spoilers which I’m sure there will be but there’s been times I’ve watched those kinds of videos. Sometimes because I have no clue and sometimes to see if I’m on the same page. Loads of little films leave the endings to your own imagination. Have you ever seen kill list? That has an ending like that

Nolan does love to over complicate things though. Or at least try. Which can be a bit pretentious at times. Especially when they try so hard to complicate it. But there’s a lot of ambiguous films out there that just do it right. Don’t give you too much. And not too little. Ari Aster and Robert Eggers for horror do it right.

unfortunately this is a thing with some Nolan films. Well at least since the dark knight rises that the sound can be well off when it comes to dialogue. And even other elements of the sound. He’s the same with day and night. Because everything’s practical with him i can imagine it’s quite hard to get right a lot of the time but he’s obsession with time sometimes backfires with him in scenes because of the change of day and night in the space of a minute. Most notably the stock exchange scene with bane robbing them and Batman’s comeback.

Haha, that’s happened to me countless times. Loved what I just see but not confident I understood what I just see lol

Reactions: tommyh84
Just came from the cinema. Pretty complex and quite difficult plot to follow, though still enjoyed it.
Need a rewatch to grasp the full potential of this movie.
Looking forward to Manta's release.
Saw it yesterday evening in IMAX Digital. F***ing MIND BLOWING! Lovely masterpiece!
Same.

Looked, sounded and felt(those rumbles from the audio, felt through the chairs) great.

Inception I had no issue following. Same with all his(Nolans) prior movies, but this was definitely most complex.
Not a bright idea going to see it off the back off no sleep the night before but am planning on a rewatch Sat, ahead of New Mutants, but that’s more to the nature of the movie; I can pay more attention to the other sides this time.
Those who’ve seen it will know what I mean by ‘sides’

Down for this release.

i saw this a few hours ago as well. agree with masta, its very complex. alot to digest and def needs multiple viewings
Definitely agreed. It was a joy to watch such an incredible spectacle unfold on an enormous IMAX screen right in front of your eyes, but I'm going for round two this weekend. No doubt about it LOL

haha nice. Never heard anyone call inception a John woo action film lol but I suppose in comparison to this that might make sense when i see it. I’m avoiding the movie thread incase there’s spoilers which I’m sure there will be but there’s been times I’ve watched those kinds of videos. Sometimes because I have no clue and sometimes to see if I’m on the same page. Loads of little films leave the endings to your own imagination. Have you ever seen kill list? That has an ending like that

Nolan does love to over complicate things though. Or at least try. Which can be a bit pretentious at times. Especially when they try so hard to complicate it. But there’s a lot of ambiguous films out there that just do it right. Don’t give you too much. And not too little. Ari Aster and Robert Eggers for horror do it right.

unfortunately this is a thing with some Nolan films. Well at least since the dark knight rises that the sound can be well off when it comes to dialogue. And even other elements of the sound. He’s the same with day and night. Because everything’s practical with him i can imagine it’s quite hard to get right a lot of the time but he’s obsession with time sometimes backfires with him in scenes because of the change of day and night in the space of a minute. Most notably the stock exchange scene with bane robbing them and Batman’s comeback.

Haha, that’s happened to me countless times. Loved what I just see but not confident I understood what I just see lol
Oh no

I thought kill list was overhyped pretentious shite

• Wow
Oh no

I thought kill list was overhyped pretentious shite

Thats fair enough. I loved it. It’s got quite a cult following Now. But my example was just for ambiguous endings or not being hand fed the narrative. I could of used hundreds of other examples but was the first to pop in my head

Reactions: StifflersDad
I will go to see it with a neutral viewpoint.
If I like it - Great!!
If I don't then I'm not one of those people that watch it multiple times to convince themselves they like it just because Nolan directed it.

I will go to see it with a neutral viewpoint.
If I like it - Great!!
If I don't then I'm not one of those people that watch it multiple times to convince themselves they like it just because Nolan directed it.

Bang on. I do love Nolan, mainly memento, the prestige, batman begins, dark knight and inception. I think they are all masterpieces. Straight 10/10s but I really don’t like interstellar (except the Matt Damon section) and Dunkirk so although I’m a fan of his, I’m not biased. But I am really up for this. It just gives me inception vibes and I hope I enjoy it. If I don’t then oh well

Bang on. I do love Nolan, mainly memento, the prestige, batman begins, dark knight and inception. I think they are all masterpieces. Straight 10/10s but I really don’t like interstellar (except the Matt Damon section) and Dunkirk so although I’m a fan of his, I’m not biased. But I am really up for this. It just gives me inception vibes and I hope I enjoy it. If I don’t then oh well
Exactly same regarding Nolan likes and dislikes.
Interstellar just isn't interesting.
And Dunkirk just left me not caring about the characters.

Exactly same regarding Nolan likes and dislikes.
Interstellar just isn't interesting.
And Dunkirk just left me not caring about the characters.

yeah we defo on the same wave length there. Funny thing I actually really loved interstellar on the first watch. Then after I found all these stupid plot holes and issues. And it just bored me. Visually still looks great but that’s not enough. But I still thoroughly enjoy the Matt Damon segment. He’s such a c*nt lol... but again it’s about 20 mins and not enough to warrant love for the film

Reactions: StifflersDad
INCEPTION: Five minutes in the real world gives you an hour in the dream...
INTERSTELLAR: Because of the time slippage. On this planet’s time, she landed here just hours ago. She might’ve only died minutes ago...
TENET: HOLD MY BEER...

I think I'll just admit defeat now before Nolan releases his next one

• Haha
Reactions: goufcustom
Just came from the cinema. Pretty complex and quite difficult plot to follow, though still enjoyed it.
Need a rewatch to grasp the full potential of this movie.
Looking forward to Manta's release.

Same! I struggled to understand what people were saying, not sure if it was the IMAX music just being too loud but that made my understanding of the movie harder

Same! I struggled to understand what people were saying, not sure if it was the IMAX music just being too loud but that just made my understanding of the movie harder

was the same for me. the dialogue was too quiet and action scenes overpowering. alot of people across forums and websites are saying the same thing. its a bad audio mix

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: gAnX
was the same for me. the dialogue was too quiet and action scenes overpowering. alot of people across forums and websites are saying the same thing. its a bad audio mix
That’s how Dunkirk was for me. I couldn’t understand the dialog most of the time and the action scenes were way too loud. I hope it’s not as bad with this, because this is more my type of movie than Dunkirk.

Finally after two days of avoiding this thread I can visit here safely again :D
Just saw it.

This movie is Nolans most complex film by far. Had to think about it for a long time before I 'understanded' it. I dug it. Won't say anything more.

I agree with others, the audio mixing wasn't great at times. Luckily I had subtitles.

Weird thing, about 6 people (of the approx. 15 that were allowed in the theater) walked out halfway through. Seems like most Dutch people are only used to comic book stuff..

I knew it wasn’t just me having issues with Nolan’s more recent films and the audio.

but there will always be some Nolan fanboy who disputes it even when there’s a large majority that says otherwise

Reactions: zeebeer and djjez83