Purchase link: Amazon.ca
Future Shop.ca
Price: 19.90$
Notes: Region A, Matte finish, NO inside artwork, NO embossing/debossing

81PxDsYj3KL._AA500_.jpg

81PxDsYj3KL._AA1500_.jpg

Last edited:
best part of this whole thing? the price went up. :drool:

literally the only good thing about this coming back with +999 in stock, for those who pre-ordered.

i will write myself a note now and stick it to my screen: "DO NOT pre-order anymore, unless it's disney/kimchi/blufans".

waiting for pics now.
i hope it looks good enough to justify the price.

literally the only good thing about this coming back with +999 in stock, for those who pre-ordered.

i will write myself a note now and stick it to my screen: "DO NOT pre-order anymore, unless it's disney/kimchi/blufans".

waiting for pics now.
i hope it looks good enough to justify the price.

I think it cost me around $25 or so. Considering I could get 3 of those for 1 Kimchi release, it's not so bad.

Plus I need to open one of these T2 steelies so I can watch the film again. :hilarious:

Reactions: djprodikis
I think it cost me around $25 or so. Considering I could get 3 of those for 1 Kimchi release, it's not so bad.

with kimchi releases, you can be 99% sure that they put great effort in it, and therefore you will get only top10oftheyear-steels from them.

in this case, i hate myself for pre-ordering and letting myself get talked in buying, even if i was absolutely sure until yesterday, i will wait on these until the price drops. dumb!!:angry::(
possibly no inside art, BD logo printed on the front!?
i really hope it's better than expected. feel really bad now for being so addicted that i couldnt resist ordering. :squint:

Reactions: pmwhelan
with kimchi releases, you can be 99% sure that they put great effort in it, and therefore you will get only top10oftheyear-steels from them.

Lack of effort is subjective. I like that there is new art, there is no blu banner at the top and it might be gloss finish as well. Inside art, who knows.

Having said that, if you want lack of effort, see any Warner Brothers steel in the USA. :hilarious:

Matte finish, recycled art, no inside artwork, 1 disc editions and higher than expected price.

Yes, they did end up slashing prices later on, but this is retail.

Price fluctuation is normal - and with any "new release", it happens all the time. People get upset all the time when they movie they "had to have" on release day drops $5 two weeks later.

That's the reality of how this thing works. If you can't stomach a slightly higher price (even if they slash to $14.99 you're still only talking $5 higher than what you likely ordered at yesterday), then you shouldn't be collecting steelbooks.

On the bright side, since you ordered now - there will be replacements for damages, there are no returns being sent out at the moment from amazon.ca - it's all new stock, etc etc.

$5 over that much potential hassle? I got better things to do. :thumbs:

Lack of effort is subjective. I like that there is new art, there is no blu banner at the top and it might be gloss finish as well. Inside art, who knows.

Having said that, if you want lack of effort, see any Warner Brothers steel in the USA. :hilarious:

Matte finish, recycled art, no inside artwork, 1 disc editions and higher than expected price.

Yes, they did end up slashing prices later on, but this is retail.

Price fluctuation is normal - and with any "new release", it happens all the time. People get upset all the time when they movie they "had to have" on release day drops $5 two weeks later.

That's the reality of how this thing works. If you can't stomach a slightly higher price (even if they slash to $14.99 you're still only talking $5 higher than what you likely ordered at yesterday), then you shouldn't be collecting steelbooks.

On the bright side, since you ordered now - there will be replacements for damages, there are no returns being sent out at the moment from amazon.ca - it's all new stock, etc etc.

$5 over that much potential hassle? I got better things to do. :thumbs:

fair enough. i understand your arguments.

it's just that i feel that many people are getting upset about many companies' price policy and tricks with wrong stock amounts etc.. and it's not the 5$ i'm so worried about, it's more a matter of principles...
+ for the ones who pre-ordered the whole wave of 11 steels, blinded from incorrect stock levels, and might be confronted with a price drop to 14.99 in a month or so. it's not 5$ we're talking about then, but 60-70$.

it should be vice versa in my opinion:
honour the costumers who pre-order with a low price first, and raise the price on release date.

Reactions: bigducknfish
fair enough. i understand your arguments.

it's just that i feel that many people are getting upset about many companies' price policy and tricks with wrong stock amounts etc.. and it's not the 5$ i'm so worried about, it's more a matter of principles...
+ for the ones who pre-ordered the whole wave of 11 steels, blinded from incorrect stock levels, and might be confronted with a price drop to 14.99 in a month or so. it's not 5$ we're talking about then, but 60-70$.

it should be vice versa in my opinion:
honour the costumers who pre-order with a low price first, and raise the price on release date.

No kidding! I host group buys for international members. And if I make an order with Target via their website more than 2 weeks before the item is out, they won't honor any price drop on their own website before or on release day! :(

Every retailer has their own quirks, you, as a consumer just have to decide what's worth it to you and then go from there.

Seems as though the typical print run talk always has to come in and show its ugly hand. I expect poor finish talk to follow.

Simple solution. If you don't want it then don't buy it and stay out of the thread.

People will inevitably talk about it because they are concerns to many people when collecting steelbooks.