The Avengers (3D Blu-ray Viva Metal Box) [Singapore]

Aprilarrow

Avenging Ninja
Premium Supporter
May 24, 2011
Singapore
Release date : 29 August 2012
Price : S$59.90. No online pre-order available. Group Buy Link (only available to those who qualify)

01.jpg

Member pictures courtesy of AprilArrow:
Front cover and Front of VMB
Avengersfront.jpg

Front cover and Back of VMB
AvengersFrontandBack.jpg

Inside with disc
AvengersInsidewithDiscs.jpg

Inside without disc
AvengersInside.jpg

Spine
AvengersSpine.jpg

Embossing of slipcover!
AvengersEmbossed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The posters are the same, as I've mentioned Scorpio East is the master distributor for this title. Unless other retailer wanted to import the title themselves which I think their profit margin would be a lot lower than getting direct from local distri.
There will also be normal amaray available for those who still prefer plastic instead of steel. :hilarious:

The 3d combo looks like an amaray with slipcover since it has 3d/blu-ray/dvd/digital copy. Exact same one that will be released here.

Could it just be that different retailers will carry the 3d steelbook and some not?

I don't complaint about the info though, not critical to me. :p
We already count ourself fortunate to have a sb/MB release here. :hilarious:

What's the hurry ? Even Best Buy are advertising it only after they released. :hilarious:

I hate it when they don't give out clear info. Seriously what crappy marketing.

So all Asian releases been confirmed to be Viva Metal Boxes rather than Steelbooks now, right? :(

I don't complaint about the info though, not critical to me. :p
We already count ourself fortunate to have a sb/MB release here. :hilarious:

What's the hurry ? Even Best Buy are advertising it only after they released. :hilarious:

Preorder bonuses like cheaper price and free gifts? If I'm not wrong the pre orders are closed or closing soon and they haven't gave any official news yet.

Least they can do is confirm if it's a steelbook or viva at least right? It would suck if I preordered with full payment and got a viva after the retailer says its a steelbook. It's bad marketing cause ppl will be hesitant in pre ordering cause they don't know if they'll be getting what they want.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

So all Asian releases been confirmed to be Viva Metal Boxes rather than Steelbooks now, right? :(

Where did you get this info? Don't have enough posts so i have no idea what's goin on in the group buy.

Where did you get this info? Don't have enough posts so i have no idea what's goin on in the group buy.
Well it was more like a question than a confirmation hehe but from the look of things most Asian countries been already confirmed to be VMB with some exclusives thrown in: China (USB)/Singapore (Full + J-Card Slips)/Taiwan (??) but guys correct me if I'm wrong ;)

Preorder bonuses like cheaper price and free gifts? If I'm not wrong the pre orders are closed or closing soon and they haven't gave any official news yet.

Least they can do is confirm if it's a steelbook or viva at least right? It would suck if I preordered with full payment and got a viva after the retailer says its a steelbook. It's bad marketing cause ppl will be hesitant in pre ordering cause they don't know if they'll be getting what they want.

Some of retail or online store still can not distinguish the differences between VMB and steelbook, for example a few month ago when JSDVD and YesAsia opened pre order for Real Steel VMB, they stated it as steelbook even after we send them email asked about what kind of metal packaging of it, they still said steelbook.
In my country the store employee or even the store owner of retail movie store even didn't know what is VMB, they always said it steelbook. before they knew that it's called steelbook they always said it's "tin packaging"
Yesterday when I called my local movie store and had conversation with the owner of the store asked about Avengers, I asked "is it metal box?" then he answered "No, it's steelbook", but I knew that he did't knew the differences between them :joy:

Well it was more like a question than a confirmation hehe but from the look of things most Asian countries been already confirmed to be VMB with some exclusives thrown in: China (USB)/Singapore (Full + J-Card Slips)/Taiwan (??) but guys correct me if I'm wrong ;)

Hi DJ, as far I know the Singapore's 2D only maybe release as steelbook, have no idea for TW release but I think it's VMB :)

I can confirm at least one asian region releasing a Viva Metal Case.

I'm in Indonesia at the moment. Whilst looking for the Thor 3D+Blu-Ray steelbook, I actually came across one place selling this already. They even said, ahead of September 25th or 26th release.

Haven't opened it yet. It is a Viva Metal case (compared opening). No slipcover. I was expecting the usual cardboard fold over thing (with the blu flap over the top front and description and specs at the back, but I suppose that only comes with steelbooks), so I came here to find more info.

I can confirm at least one asian region releasing a Viva Metal Case.

I'm in Indonesia at the moment. Whilst looking for the Thor 3D+Blu-Ray steelbook, I actually came across one place selling this already. They even said, ahead of September 25th or 26th release.

Haven't opened it yet. It is a Viva Metal case (compared opening). No slipcover. I was expecting the usual cardboard fold over thing (with the blu flap over the top front and description and specs at the back, but I suppose that only comes with steelbooks), so I came here to find more info.

Could it be a bootleg you've picked up? Especially since they're selling it before it's release date.

And it should have some kind of cardboard outer covering if it's an official release.

Could it be a bootleg you've picked up? Especially since they're selling it before it's release date.

And it should have some kind of cardboard outer covering if it's an official release.

Thats what I thought, hence coming here. It seems there are varying releases (with and without slipcovers etc) and I can't find any info on what the local release should look like.

Most bootlegs are still DVD based and just offered in a plastic sleeves, but none in this store. If this is a bootleg, it's pretty fancy with its embossed lettering etc. Maybe they are just promo copies or they just broke street date during local holidays. I'll try and upload photos when I figure out how.

Thats what I thought, hence coming here. It seems there are varying releases (with and without slipcovers etc) and I can't find any info on what the local release should look like.

Most bootlegs are still DVD based and just offered in a plastic sleeves, but none in this store. If this is a bootleg, it's pretty fancy with its embossed lettering etc. Maybe they are just promo copies or they just broke street date during local holidays. I'll try and upload photos when I figure out how.

Embossed you say? Awesome!!

Yes, please try to upload some pics. Thanks :)