The Avengers (3D Blu-ray Viva Metal Box) [Singapore]

Aprilarrow

Avenging Ninja
Premium Supporter
May 24, 2011
Singapore
Release date : 29 August 2012
Price : S$59.90. No online pre-order available. Group Buy Link (only available to those who qualify)

01.jpg

Member pictures courtesy of AprilArrow:
Front cover and Front of VMB
Avengersfront.jpg

Front cover and Back of VMB
AvengersFrontandBack.jpg

Inside with disc
AvengersInsidewithDiscs.jpg

Inside without disc
AvengersInside.jpg

Spine
AvengersSpine.jpg

Embossing of slipcover!
AvengersEmbossed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
the 3d version is only an amaray.so there's conflicting news about this.only the 2d version seems confirmed as a metallic case.so thats the sure bet at this point.
any more posters? lol

Last edited:
Gotta say we're gonna need your help guys to clarify this... the 2D version seems sure for the steel but the 3D combo ain't that clear.

Poster? :p

EITHER..ITHER..NITHER....I Think if you commit to a GB you should continue to obligate to that commitment..:angry:..unless serious factors come into play..
Doing a great job guys..KEEP IT UP :scat:

Reactions: Aprilarrow
If that 3D version is just an amaray case then that is one expensive 3D amaray case compared to the price of the 2D steelbook

If the 3D turns out to be just amaray, which I am still certain it is not the case, I will of course not expect anyone to have to honour the GB...:scat:

the regular 2d only copy will have the steelbook according to the retailer as i believe many singapore retailers are offering the same deal for pre orders. hopefully the info i get is wrong as i wanted the steelbook for 3d version as well...shall wait and see. the poster that is being shown only has the steelbook stated above the 2d copy but not the 3d version.

I've visited Laser Flair's store at Funan IT Mall this afternoon and query the staff about the discrepancies. The staff is also not sure themselves but until they make a call and confirmed that both is indeed STEELBOOK. The staff also confirmed that the printing of the brochure is very misleading. I have also pre-order my set last week and let us keep our finger crossed that it will be a steelbook after all.

Uraki: Thanks for pic. Hope the 3D version is a steelbook with slipcover. I noticed that is said 'Free Poster' when you pre-order, so does that apply to members within GB? :D

Last edited:
I've visited Laser Flair's store at Funan IT Mall this afternoon and query the staff about the discrepancies. The staff is also not sure themselves but until they make a call and confirmed that both is indeed STEELBOOK. The staff also confirmed that the printing of the brochure is very misleading. I have also pre-order my set last week and let us keep our finger crossed that it will be a steelbook after all.

if that is the case will be the best. would love the steelbook instead of normal packing. thanks for the clarification =)

Was talking to someone in Singapore about this. He sent me this image of the promotional poster.

hi bro, which retailer did this poster come from? thx

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

hi guys, i contacted the local distributor for the avengers and its confirmed that both 3d and 2d comes with steel book. here is what they said: "Steel Book packaging is available for both Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray (2D) version. thanks!" =D

hi bro, which retailer did this poster come from? thx

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

hi guys, i contacted the local distributor for the avengers and its confirmed that both 3d and 2d comes with steel book. here is what they said: "Steel Book packaging is available for both Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray (2D) version. thanks!" =D

Local distributor as in supplier or retail store? If the latter may I know which store was it?

I'm contacting HMV, Gramophone, TS and laser flair to confirm. So far only laser flair has confirmed its a steelbook and TS says it will be in normal packaging but hopefully they are looking into it as I told them laser flair called and found out otherwise. Will update on the other stores.

UPDATE: TS called supplier and can now confirm it will be a steelbook.

Last edited:
Seems like quite a number of you guys are Singaporeans, or at least living in Singapore? Welcome to HDN! We only have a small community of steel collectors in Singapore, so glad to have you guys onboard :> PM me, and maybe we can meet up one day, to talk about steel?

Local distributor as in supplier or retail store? If the latter may I know which store was it?

I'm contacting HMV, Gramophone, TS and laser flair to confirm. So far only laser flair has confirmed its a steelbook and TS says it will be in normal packaging but hopefully they are looking into it as I told them laser flair called and found out otherwise. Will update on the other stores.

Please contact HMV again for comfirmation about item it will be steel or not. Pleaseeeee....:ohno:
HMV 'boleh masuk Malaysia' :oohyeah:

Scorpio East Pictures is the distributor for many disc movies in singapore..they are the one that are offering the pre order promotion..asked them directly regarding that and thats the reply ive got from them..safe to say its accurate unless they made a mistake which i doubt it. =)

I think Scorpio East is the master distri here in Singapore, whether HMV is going to carry them ? Base on my experience, they would be getting some but I'm not sure though, big title you know. Who would want to miss this chance.. :hilarious:

Their site already listed the item, but cannot tell if they are normal amaray or steelbook.
If the selling price is the same, why get amaray if you could get a steel for the same price?
http://hmv.com.sg/product.php?sku=635402

Please contact HMV again for comfirmation about item it will be steel or not. Pleaseeeee....:ohno:
HMV 'boleh masuk Malaysia' :oohyeah:

Last edited:
Reactions: Marina Blue
looks like the posters all note the same thing,the 2d version will be the steelbook(Viva)
we need actual photos of the item to verify this.even on HMV's site,its only the 2d version.
http://hmv.com.sg/promotions.php?promotion=94

The 3d combo looks like an amaray with slipcover since it has 3d/blu-ray/dvd/digital copy. Exact same one that will be released here.

Could it just be that different retailers will carry the 3d steelbook and some not?