The Custom Lenticular and Art Cards thread

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hi all, we added this thread, so you can showcase any customs you have made with lenticulars or other art cards. Please post them here, so our regular Steelbook threads stay focused on the title as released. No trading. Thanks!

::: Staff/Community Manager :::

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Brave...

This is a great Steelbook but the rear artwork is really plain and disappointing, so what better way to hide it than with a Custom Lenticular.

Brave...

This is a great Steelbook but the rear artwork is really plain and disappointing, so what better way to hide it than with a Custom Lenticular.

That looks fantastic.

So do you guys permanently adhere the lenticular pieces to the steelbook, or are they removable by magnet? And do the magnets scratch the steelbooks at all?

That looks fantastic.

So do you guys permanently adhere the lenticular pieces to the steelbook, or are they removable by magnet? And do the magnets scratch the steelbooks at all?

They are adhered to magnetic vinyl sheeting.
I don't think the magnets scratch the steelbooks at all.
Maybe if something was caught in between the magnet and the steelbook, then it might, but the magnets them-self don't.

Would a U.S. Member kindly PM me with the name of these magnetic sheets they are using and where I would be able to get them?

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

I love this lenticular (it shows 3 different images)

DSC06806.JPG

DSC06807.JPG

DSC06808.JPG

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

And also this one (Thanks to Geek Tragedy for the idea)

DSC06781.JPG

DSC06780.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: RMP777
These look great djs1401, especially that Cloverfield Lenticular! Is it from the US DVD? I've heard it had a Lenticular but have been unable to find any actual pictures.

Reactions: djs1401
These look great djs1401, especially that Cloverfield Lenticular! Is it from the US DVD? I've heard it had a Lenticular but have been unable to find any actual pictures.

Yes, it is from the US DVD.
I was unable to find any pics, so I asked a seller on amazon to send me some pics of the one they had listed for sale, and bought it straight after seeing the pics. I was amazed it showed 3 different images (didn't know they could - I thought 2 was the max)

Reactions: RMP777
WOW!!! EEK!EEK!EEK!

I need one of these... Where did you source the Lenticular from please??

I would help you if I could, but these are very rare. It's from the San Diego Comic Con 2008 (only 5000 made), and I have not seen another one anywhere. I was very lucky to be on eBay at the right time, and got it for £4.05!

EEK! That came out really well mate, nice job!! I can't wait to see more of these.

I think I'm definitely going to have to give this a go. It'll be so nice to be able to choose my own images and not having to worry about blu bars or ratings logos spoiling the Lenticular.

So how are people getting the lentis? are the special art cards or just taken from other releases or DVD slip covers etc..?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Also @djs1401 what was the cost and how did you print your own lenticular?

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
So how are people getting the lentis? are the special art cards or just taken from other releases or DVD slip covers etc..?

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Also @djs1401 what was the cost and how did you print your own lenticular?

Please look here

Last edited by a moderator: