The Little Mermaid (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection #3)[UK]

Apr 12, 2012
UK
Release Date: September 23th, 2013
Purchase link: The Little Mermaid
Price: £22.99
Number of Discs: 1
Disney Collection # 3

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

little-mermaid-uk.jpg

Actual pics: (Thanks to cudzndrips)

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 420
Last edited by a moderator:
THIS IS A FU***ING RIP-OFF! :angry:

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

IT'S NOT EVEN GLOSSY!

$38 USD for a shabby release!

NO GLOSS
NO BONUS DISC
NO REAR/INTERIOR ARTWORK
OVERPRICED
I should of listened to the wife this time:ohno:But I wanted my 6year old to have this movie in a badass high gloss steelbook instead she gets matte:angry: and to top it of for the price no 3d

Reactions: WKRP
Blame steelbook for the no gloss, thats Scanavo, not Zavvi. ;)

Believe Wreck has brought up why matte only for the last few steels in another spot.

I should of listened to the wife this time:ohno:But I wanted my 6year old to have this movie in a badass high gloss steelbook instead she gets matte:angry: and to top it of for the price no 3d

Is your daughter that pissed off that the steelbook isn't glossy :D ?

I like the back, I even like it a lot. There, I said it.

The inside art, however, could have been a bit more developed that that. I get the idea of wanting us to see how big the ocean is, but really what it came down to was probably "meh, let's save some time."

Though when you think about it, when the disc is inside the steelbook (99.5% of the time then), it doesn't look that empty, and it's also quite rare when the inside art is consistent with the front and back.

Overall, I wouldn't say I'm amazed by the result, but I find it to be coherent and quite nice.

Is your daughter that pissed off that the steelbook isn't glossy :D ?

I like the back, I even like it a lot. There, I said it.

The inside art, however, could have been a bit more developed that that. I get the idea of wanting us to see how big the ocean is, but really what it came down to was probably "meh, let's save some time."

Though when you think about it, when the disc is inside the steelbook (99.5% of the time then), it doesn't look that empty, and it's also quite rare when the inside art is consistent with the front and back.

Overall, I wouldn't say I'm amazed by the result, but I find it to be coherent and quite nice.

If it were a multi-disc movie, I would honestly have no problem with the inside art. Especially if it were at least 3 discs and covered both sides.
Actually, I was very unhappy with the Tron Legacy steel as it was 3 discs and had great inside art that was consistently covered.
I ended up getting rid of the digital copy/DVD or whatever it was and converting it to a 2 disc set giving a nice view of the art inside.

This interior just seems like a huge waste of potential real estate! :(

Last edited:
I opened mine and looked at the back and inside. The first thought that came to mind is how can they possibly charge £22.99 for a steel with virtually no art on it? Thank God I used a discount code on this and JB as both are really lazy. The front looks great, but there's nothing premium about the rest of it.

To be honest I really like the front. In hand it looks really good and I don't mind the bubbles on the back but the inside work!!!!! What the hell disney! The rest of the collection have to wow me now

Reactions: morfeusz
Today's Disney/Touchstone Haul.

Not overly impressed with these, to be honest. I've taken some light intensity photographs to try and show that the horrible Warner UK Premium Collection Range finish (remember the one where you apply light and the image disappears) has resurfaced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine 2day. I like it but was more concerned about the terrible packaging really. I thought zavvi had sorted this out. They charge so much for a steelbook you'd think some if tht price would reflect in better packaging.

Mine arrived today. Front cover is lovely, back cover is bland and inside well what can you say???????????? and then call it the diamond edition tut tut tut. Will keep an eye out in future perhaps for a nice 3 disc Asian version etc etc if it comes along.

I find i am looking more and more to foreign version of steelbooks, looks like here in The UK we have volume and not quality, gonna be more picky in future i think.

The front cover does have a nice sense of depth to it (kind of have to see it in person to appreciate it). However, as many have already mentioned here, given the price, this really should have been so much more.

Last edited:
Reactions: smileyx9
This is a brilliant design. Obviously some won't like it and others will. I'm glad they aren't just reproducing the WFRR on every steelbook like they done with Aladdin and Jungle Book. This is a cracker too in it's own right.