The Little Mermaid (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection #3)[UK]

Apr 12, 2012
UK
Release Date: September 23th, 2013
Purchase link: The Little Mermaid
Price: £22.99
Number of Discs: 1
Disney Collection # 3

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

little-mermaid-uk.jpg

Actual pics: (Thanks to cudzndrips)

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 420
Last edited by a moderator:
Got this today and I have to say I'm not impressed , especially for the asking price.
It's very dull and the back art ( or lack of ) if a joke. The slipcover is miles better , glad I picked it up at Sainsburys for £10.00 cheaper !.

Mine arrived today. It has this little orange bubble on the top above the disney logo. Not a paint chip or part of the design. Not sure if I should send this back for a replacement as 4 of the other steelbooks that arrived at the same time were perfect (TRON / Starship Troopers ect...)

Last edited:
Arrived today. Wasnt as shiny as I was expecting like Finding Nemo, but I'm very satisfied with the front at least. Like others, I do wish more effort went into the bad and middle, but I suppose it'll do, so long as they try harder next time.

On the bright side at least, the cardboard slip can slot in the steel easily, so if you want an alternative to the back..... XD

Mine arrived today and up until that point I didn't mind the price, it's not because of the design or anything like that; I actually like the look and feel of it.

My problem is that I received this at the same time as tron and dick tracy etc. and they are almost identical.

The have the same features to the steelbook, embossed, finish etc. Even the backing cards are the same design, I am aware they are the same distributors; the problem I have is that if they can produce the same type of steelbook how can they justify the extra £8.

It has made me feel like I've been taken for a mug, Zavvi/disney you should be ashamed.
It's tantamount to scalping in my books.

Reactions: Gamesgaryjp
For me, disc art is as important as inside art. This gets a zero on that level because there is zero disc art. I'm really glad I canceled this as it was preparing to ship. I had to PM them because it was too late to cancel via their website.

For me, disc art is as important as inside art. This gets a zero on that level because there is zero disc art. I'm really glad I canceled this as it was preparing to ship. I had to PM them because it was too late to cancel via their website.

Afaik, Disney only do blue discs these days. Paramount do clear discs.

My steelbook copies of The Little Mermaid and The sixth Sense arrived today in one piece which was remarkable considering the poor packaging and the fact that the Post Man flung the boxes through my letterbox little a missile bouncing nicely of the table in the hall.
With the Zavvi packaging and the crap posting by Royal Mail, it's amazing I get any post intact at all..........

Paramount need to be lynched for this - really annoying to open up one of their usually excellent steels, to see plain silver discs with plain black text. So lame :snipe:

-EDIT-

also WB need to be lynched for their excessive use of logos from like 300 different countries on their discs too :sniper:

Last edited:
Paramount need to be lynched for this - really annoying to open up one of their usually excellent steels, to see plain silver discs with with plain black text. So lame :snipe:

-EDIT-

also WB need to be lynched for their excessive use of logos from 300 different countries on their discs too :sniper:

This is not Paramount, it's Disney

This is not Paramount, it's Disney

I think he knows that, just commenting on similar practices employed by Disney and Paramount. I find it a little disappointing myself too. I opened The Sixth Sense and the inside artwork is cool, let down by the bright blue disc.

Last edited:

Yah I wish I had cancelled too. I am going with the Target Digibook for TLM.

New rule. Absolutely positively NEVER preordering a steelbook if the back artwork is not shown by ship/charge date. I don't care if it's my favorite movie ever. I will cancel before it ships if the artwork has been withheld.

I think he knows that, just commenting on similar practices employed by Disney and Paramount. I find it a little disappointing myself too. I opened The Sixth Sense and the inside artwork is cool, let down by the bright blue disc.

Agreed. Disc art is so much better than plain disc. I think the best example ever for disc art, for any steelbook I've seen, is Pinocchio. It's adds sooo much to the display and package all around. Independence Day had great disc art too so I know it's possible from a single disc-er from Zavvi.

Last edited:
Reactions: WKRP
I still love the front artwork (minus that vertical title). I get the disappointment about the back, but I also think it's better than an overcrowded back with all the side characters showing up. Something in between would have been nice though.

And of course, too bad Zavvi didn't do full gloss on such an expensive piece of packaging. I hope this doesn't happen again for the rest of the collection. We pay a pretty high price and expect good quality in return.

Overall, i'm happy with it. The all round style matches the two previous entries in the Disney Collection. The only thing that could have made it better was to be glossy like the other two

So disappointed with this release. No rear artwork to speak of and the inside just a backdrop not populated by any of the movie's characters.

When I ordered this steelbook I never thought I would end up bent over a table with my pants down and two fellas named Scanavo and Zavvi standing behind me.

Make that three, Disney included.

Last edited:
Reactions: WKRP