The Little Mermaid (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection #3)[UK]

Apr 12, 2012
UK
Release Date: September 23th, 2013
Purchase link: The Little Mermaid
Price: £22.99
Number of Discs: 1
Disney Collection # 3

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

little-mermaid-uk.jpg

Actual pics: (Thanks to cudzndrips)

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 416
Last edited by a moderator:
Stupid question but has anyone ever tried to gloss a matte Steelbook with plastic coat or gloss spray or something? It would make this release so much nicer.

If you plan to do it, I would take it to a Auto paint shop and have them do it. Very hard to get an even coat by doing it yourself.

Stupid question but has anyone ever tried to gloss a matte Steelbook with plastic coat or gloss spray or something? It would make this release so much nicer.

I have! It actually does bring out the details. Here are the pictures I posted in the modifying Steelbooks thread:

Fellowship of the Ring with custom spot gloss finish and inside art.

Untitled16_zpsa05bd158.jpg

More:
Untitled17_zpsb2607d41.jpg

Untitled18_zpsdd522dd5.jpg

Untitled19_zpse50594cc.jpg

Untitled28_zps23e9fcd2.jpg

The Two Towers

Untitled22_zpsc24d8034.jpg

Untitled26_zpse2a27c79.jpg

Untitled27_zps37ced39c.jpg

Untitled25_zpsb7ff1821.jpg

Untitled24_zps01362470.jpg

Untitled23_zps1456c9a9.jpg

All I'll say is if I paid 23 quid for this I'd be a little pissed off...this looks more like a 9.99 Zavvi Mega Monday clearance steelbook.

Is the above for problems with the steelbook or wrong cuts in the film?

I haven't been following this thread. I'm so shocked with the back and inside artworks. I remember I saw them to be very nice when I ordered. Have there been changes to the inside and back artworks since Zavvi put this out for preorder?

Last time I ever pre-order something from Zavvi...

I'm going to cancel ALL my pre-ordered steels and I'm not regretting this at all. I'm tired of not having the opportunity to cancel a steel bucause it's already dispatched when actual pics are posted.

Zavvi has disappointed me the last 3 times and I'm tired of using money and time on sending back ugly, unfinished, lazy, boring steelbooks.

I haven't been following this thread. I'm so shocked with the back and inside artworks. I remember I saw them to be very nice when I ordered. Have there been changes to the inside and back artworks since Zavvi put this out for preorder?

Their wasn't any images shown of the back and inside artwork as far as I can remember.

Reactions: Real Steel
With these below par finishes, I wont be pre-ordering from Zaavi again until I see the finish in hand from pics on this forum. Will only be preordering Entertainment Store, Arrow Video and Masters of Cinema from now one as they deliver consistant quaility!

Postman being and gone no delivery today
So much for Zavvi early despatch on Tuesday last week
Will probably get delivery Tomorrow or Wednesday
Postal system is strange
Sometimes I get delivery in 3 days other times 4 to 7 working days
Its a pain not knowing when you are getting delivery

I think im going to be sending mine back to Zavvi, i dont mind the steelbook it's the messed up editing which is why its going. If Disney ever sort this out ill buy the film then.

I'm probably in the minority but I actually like the steelbook. I'll admit that there is so much more they can do with it to make it better and obviously the price is always an issue. But i think i will be keeping this one and hoping the next one has more care taken with the design.

Reactions: wyatt03
Got mine and it looks great :) If I'm right in thinking the front art was the only in that style so anything else on the back would have ruined this. The interior could be better but it'll barely be looked at 99% of the time. Excellent stuff.