The Little Mermaid (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection #3)[UK]

Apr 12, 2012
UK
Release Date: September 23th, 2013
Purchase link: The Little Mermaid
Price: £22.99
Number of Discs: 1
Disney Collection # 3

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

little-mermaid-uk.jpg

Actual pics: (Thanks to cudzndrips)

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 427
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm happy with the front and plain back, just think they could of made more effort inside including other characters. Definitely WON'T be returning it!

Wow.. I have NO idea what you guys are all complaining about. I think it looks fantastic!!

Love the title embossing and border. Sure I would have preferred no raised border and gloss finish but its region free (unlike Jungle Book) and I'm more than happy with it.

The outside looks fine.

Hate the inside. What a waste. If you're not going to try, just save the paint and leave the inside blank.

They should've taken a note from the Finding Nemo Steelbook/VMB

It looks nice and elegant. Simplicity is sometimes the best recipe. However, I agree that this is over-priced for just one-disc. I still want the steelbook but a price-drop would be something to help convince me to order again (I cancelled the pre-order). I mean, I want the US release anyway to get the 3D disc.

I will get this today I'm guessing.

I agree that the quality is rubbish for the price. I think I'm going to stop collecting steelbooks from zavvi. I will buy the one that I really like if the price isn't bad.

The 3D version in EEUU seems a much better deal.

Well I can see why Zavvi didn't show the back or inside art before.
They had nothing to show!
On one hand it is simple and elegant, but on the ther hand it's quite dull considering the rich source material.
I'll still be keeping mine when it arrives though, but just with a hint of disappointment.

No wonder they never posted pics of the back art or inside artwork. Once again I am glad I cancelled all of my orders months back. A lack of content and lazy designs were the main reasons in addition to never knowing if the steel is flat or has a overused border. I could never get past the fact this did not have the 3D disc.

I am awaiting a proper release for most Disney titles. Won't be ordering the upcoming unannounced titles yet if this is the trend. In addition to shoddy packaging, I am hesitant to even place an order for titles I'd be interested in.

I hope Asia can do this justice down the line or even Germany where they don't skimp on content and publish art accordingly

No wonder they never posted pics of the back art or inside artwork. Once again I am glad I cancelled all of my orders months back. A lack of content and lazy designs were the main reasons in addition to never knowing if the steel is flat or has a overused border. I could never get past the fact this did not have the 3D disc.

I am awaiting a proper release for most Disney titles. Won't be ordering the upcoming unannounced titles yet if this is the trend. In addition to shoddy packaging, I am hesitant to even place an order for titles I'd be interested in.

I hope Asia can do this justice down the line or even Germany where they don't skimp on content and publish art accordingly

+1 i`d rather stay with my printed Back Lentis :hilarious::hilarious: and the upcomming Asia Steels -more expensive but worth it:thumbs:

Reactions: frankfish44
Don't forget guys that it's more likely Disney's fault for this poor artwork as usually they have final say. However, Zavvi should have shown the full mock-up on site. It makes it look suspicious that no mock-ups for the rear and inside were uploaded and low and behold they're 95% blank!

Personally I could understand the back being like that with the bubbles (simple, stylish) but it should have been full gloss and the inside should have been really bright and colourful with all the other characters in the film portrayed.

Lazy all round. Thankfully saw it coming a mile off so managed to cancel last weekend.

Reactions: jimmyv