The Little Mermaid (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection #3)[UK]

Apr 12, 2012
UK
Release Date: September 23th, 2013
Purchase link: The Little Mermaid
Price: £22.99
Number of Discs: 1
Disney Collection # 3

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

little-mermaid-uk.jpg

Actual pics: (Thanks to cudzndrips)

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 416
Last edited by a moderator:
Last time I ever pre-order something from Zavvi...

I'm going to cancel ALL my pre-ordered steels and I'm not regretting this at all. I'm tired of not having the opportunity to cancel a steel bucause it's already dispatched when actual pics are posted.

Zavvi has disappointed me the last 3 times and I'm tired of using money and time on sending back ugly, unfinished, lazy, boring steelbooks.

Followed your lead and canceled all my pre-orders as well! :thumbs: Too late for TLM unfortunately but that's not gonna happen in the future.

Reactions: ABjerg
I think im going to be sending mine back to Zavvi, i dont mind the steelbook it's the messed up editing which is why its going. If Disney ever sort this out ill buy the film then.

What is the "messed up editing"?

Think I will return it because it has borders and that is not what is shown in the pic. I really wanted a flat steelbook.

Think we can cancel pretty much all preorders from Zavvi and wait for the prices to drop by half.

Even more curious to know if Zavvi/Disney are hearing us.

The messed up editing mentioned above is referring to two swapped shots during the "Part of Your World" scene. During the restoration they mistakenly swapped a shot of Ariel floating to the bottom of her grotto with the immediately following shot. It doesn't make a huge difference in the long run, but it is definitely a mistake that shouldn't have been made. I hope they issue replacement copies, but doubt it if Lion King's mistake is anything to go by.

Reactions: Real Steel

Think I will return it because it has borders and that is not what is shown in the pic. I really wanted a flat steelbook.

Think we can cancel pretty much all preorders from Zavvi and wait for the prices to drop by half.

Even more curious to know if Zavvi/Disney are hearing us.

The messed up editing mentioned above is referring to two swapped shots during the "Part of Your World" scene. During the restoration they mistakenly swapped a shot of Ariel floating to the bottom of her grotto with the immediately following shot. It doesn't make a huge difference in the long run, but it is definitely a mistake that shouldn't have been made. I hope they issue replacement copies, but doubt it if Lion King's mistake is anything to go by.
+1

Here's the error: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kg57ivgvFE

The original for comparison (skip to 2:40): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BZp2dxpwF8&feature=youtu.be&t=2m45s

Reactions: WKRP and Real Steel
This 'error' is almost as petty and insignificant as the 'tip of the spear' fiasco from The Avengers. Lets be honest. It's so minute it makes no difference.

So you dont like border now but u start fancy when the price drop ? :D

Reactions: Real Steel
This 'error' is almost as petty and insignificant as the 'tip of the spear' fiasco from The Avengers. Lets be honest. It's so minute it makes no difference.

Maybe not to a casual viewer, but it most certainly does to a bigger fan - and most certainly to someone more interested in the art of animation. Disney boards have petitions going already, and many people have cancelled their orders due to it. I'd personally argue that it's a MUCH bigger error than the Avengers example. Plus, with the Avengers it was something done on purpose. This on the other hand is just a mistake.

How about the animator that spent days animating the lip sync of "wish I could be" only to have the shots swapped so we see Ariel nonsensically moving her mouth to no words?

To make it clear, the shot near the end where she floats to the bottom of her grotto SHOULD line up with the line "wish I could be..." Then we see Flounder before it cuts to the close up of Ariel for "part of that world." In the new restoration we instead see Flounder for "wish I could be", then Ariel moving her mouth during the pause before "part of that world."

The Lion King error can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWiRPAb8KNw In the Diamond Edition, the clouds that make up Mufasa's ghost have disappeared in the shot where Simba is chasing after him saying "no, please don't leave me". Without the clouds there, it looks like Simba is chasing after... nothing. They never issued a replacement disc, unfortunately.

Both cases of "does it really matter?" In the long run, no - it doesn't make any big difference. But the fact that it's simply a technical mistake - someone literally pressed (or didn't press) the wrong button - means to me that it should be fixed. I assume they both will be for their next release anyways, so there's that to look forward to.

Anyone still waiting for this in the UK? My other things that were sent arrived on Saturday but my 2 copies of this and 1 rocketeer have not. I really can't be arsed with Zavvi's excuse for CS department but think I may have to bite the bullet!