The Little Mermaid (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection #3)[UK]

Apr 12, 2012
UK
Release Date: September 23th, 2013
Purchase link: The Little Mermaid
Price: £22.99
Number of Discs: 1
Disney Collection # 3

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

little-mermaid-uk.jpg

Actual pics: (Thanks to cudzndrips)

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 415
Last edited by a moderator:
Got 1 of my 2 Little Mermaids in the mail yesterday. I do like the cover in hand. Haven't opened it yet and taken a look at the back and inside with my own eyes, but we'll get there eventually.

Also to note, the spine is pristine. The shrink wrap around it is even nearly perfect smooth as if to say "no slasher here"
ropj.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tono06
Got my copy yesterday. I was expecting a very drab cover but I actually like it. The light rays have a metallic effect that really makes them glow when the light hits them just right. The inner and back art are so-so but that's been the trend with the recent Disney releases it seems.

My copy arrived today and it has one of the worst dents I have ever seen. :angry:

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Their new packaging is complete sh!t.

my copy came as well today, surprised as I am in the US and they have been taking longer.

The box had a dent but luckily no damage, but I did not notice a difference with the box only the foam piece was thinner.

As to the steelbook it is kind of plain, may have to pop into target on tuesday and get the digi

my copy came as well today, surprised as I am in the US and they have been taking longer.

The box had a dent but luckily no damage, but I did not notice a difference with the box only the foam piece was thinner.

As to the steelbook it is kind of plain, may have to pop into target on tuesday and get the digi

The cardboard of the box is thinner and doesn't have the zip opening anymore.

Still not got mine. I would normally be patient but it infuriates me when I see people in every state around me get theirs and my mail box is continuously empty. And this is a normal thing now so Im not worried about it being lost, just cant understand the routing process as Im always last to get my stuff in the US from Zavvi.

Reactions: WKRP
Received my copy of The Little Mermaid.

I still think the front has really good artwork (by far my favourite Zavvi Disney steel so far), and I also quite like the simplicity. What kills it for me is that damn vertical logo that pretty much takes the attention off the lovely (albeit non-glossy) artwork.

I actually don't mind the simplicity on the back. I am happy Zavvi didn't smack some all-stars mockup artwork thingy on it, but chose to be CONSISTENT with the front artwork, which is what a lot of people here seemed to want originally.

What I do not like about the back, is how lazy and one-dimentional it looks. I would have been happy with a background like the one on the front with smaller bubbles, that would have made it more consistent. I admire simplicity in a steelbook, as it is the opposite of what you see on most covers. But simplicity is more than one thing. That's what bothers me. You don't get the sea on the back, you get a plain blue background with a few bubbles stuck on it.

This release is also consistent with the low quality I've seem on steelbooks of late. It's got a bunch of ugly paint defects that looks like purple bubbles. It's disappointing how they didn't to do the release without those defects, but fortunately they printed a bunch of these steels so getting a replacement (If I can be bothered going through that process) shouldn't be that hard.

Mine arrived today. Very disappointed. It has a spine slash.. and it's underneath the plastic wrap.. Have any of you USA folks had to message zavvi regarding this, and how did they handle it?

Write a note to them if it arrives damaged. They will at least offer a partial refund if you can show pics of the damage, and if it's deemed 'bad enough' by customer support you probably will get a replacement, which I'm sure you want given a spine slash. Use the 'contact us' part of their website to send an e-mail.

hi guys, i got this today and since my two last steels with zavvi arrived damaged, i really was scared to see the condition of this one!:LOL::oohyeah: great conditions! i dont know why so many did not like this steel, i like it very much, i know it could be better but i'm content with it!:D

Reactions: blu-steel