The Little Mermaid (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection #3)[UK]

Apr 12, 2012
UK
Release Date: September 23th, 2013
Purchase link: The Little Mermaid
Price: £22.99
Number of Discs: 1
Disney Collection # 3

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

little-mermaid-uk.jpg

Actual pics: (Thanks to cudzndrips)

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 420
Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine today. Nice cover, although there is a scratch in the paint right next to Ariel. I will be sending mine back to Zavvi.

That Target digibook that just came out looks much nicer than this and has great artwork.

Looking at it now, I am glad I cancelled mine. Only regret is that I forgot to cancel Jungle Book (two copies of it too). Cheap looking "generic" money grabbers, IMHO.

Moreover, Jungle Book, and Nemo before that, all came with their backs slashed.

You blame zavvi for a loose disc? Its easy to fix anyway. Takes about 10 seconds.

My 1st copy arrived with a huge dent and a weird paint blemish. My second came with a loose disc b/c the steelbook in the packet was sliding back forth. My situation could have been easily avoided with adequate packaging. I'm actually surprised this didn't come with a dent.

I might cancel my pre-orders if they don't fix their packaging methods.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bubbie
If you REALLY worry about the packaging you'd ask a UK ninja to help you out - yes it costs more but it cuts 90% of the chance of it arriving damaged.

I like both LM + JB but it could have been so much more...

I personally cancelled all my pre-orders with Zavvi until they sort they're CS out - the packaging is just about OK for within the UK, never to be used overseas.

Reactions: Bubbie
I personally cancelled all my pre-orders with Zavvi until they sort they're CS out - the packaging is just about OK for within the UK, never to be used overseas.

Actually, all of the damage on my steels from Zavvi is clearly done before steels being packed. And every single steel has a back slash. Regardless, packaging sucks, as does customer service.

I don't even bother placing orders with them anymore. One exception is From Dusk Till Dawn. I just can't make myself cancel it :emb:

I like both LM + JB but it could have been so much more...

I think it could have been a lot more. It looks like everything that comes out off Zavvi lately looks boring and the same. In my opinion, anyways.

If you REALLY worry about the packaging you'd ask a UK ninja to help you out - yes it costs more but it cuts 90% of the chance of it arriving damaged.

I know we can always count you bud! Thanks for ninjas like you :thumbs:

I'm located in the US, east cost. Zavvi apparently dispatched mine on 9/18 and I still haven't gotten it yet. It's never taken this long before. Is it time to start worrying?

Mine is at the post office, but I got a notice that there will be a $30 fee before I can get it since it was juuuuust over the customs limit... by approx. 50 cents. Aaaaand this because the euro gained a lil value against the NOK since I ordered it. So 50 cents above validates a $30 fee for the state. Go figure.