The Martian (Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive No. 30) [Korea]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 17, 2016
Purchase links: (Pre-order on March 4 at 14:00 (Korea Time) - TIMEZONE CONVERTER
Full Slip (OOS)
Lenticular (OOS)
One Click (OOS)
Price: $40.99 (Individual editions) - $81 (One Click)
Note:
Full Slip (1,300 copies Numbered Card)
Lenticular (1,700 copies Numbered Card)
Group buy: Kaka1888

Type A (Full Slip) | Type B (Lenticular)

10931014_1836877796539429_3123581311859291178_n.jpg 12794461_1836877753206100_1758735098491901429_n.jpg

upload_2016-2-27_10-6-45.png

DISC 1 - 3D main title
• Audio: English 7.1 DTS-HD MASTER LOSSLESS AUDIO,German 5.1 DTS, 5.1, Czech, Hungarian, 5.1, 5.1, Polish, Turkish 5.1
• subtitle: Korean, English, German, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Greek, Hebrew,Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Turkish
• Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 2.40: 1

DISC 2 - 2D & Special feature this title
• Audio: English 7.1 DTS-HD MASTER LOSSLESS AUDIO,German 5.1 DTS, Russian 5.1 DTS, 5.1, Ukrainian, Thai 5.1,
• Subtitles: Korean, English, Danish, Finnish, German, Norwegian, Russian, Swedish,Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Ukrainian, Cantonese, Mandarin, Indonesian, Malay, Thai, Vietnamese
• Special features Subtitles: Korean, Danish, Finnish, German, Norwegian, Russian, Swedish,Cantonese, Mandarin, Thai
• Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 2.40: 1

Special Features

• Signal Acquired: Writing and Direction
• Occupy Mars: Casting and Cosumes
• Gag Reel
• Ares III: Refocused
• Ares III: Farewell
• The Right Stuff
• Ares: Our Greatest Adventure
• Leave Your Mark
• Bring Him Home
• Theatrical Traier
• Production Art Gallery : Earth/ Hermes/ Mars

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that @jimmyv (n) Perhaps PM the GB host @Kaka1888 and seek clarification from the source... ?

There got GB end time, I also mentioned after item live I'm not sure can I get anymore, so GB wasn't closed after u asked 3 days....all of u can join on time if need one, I try to asking for some more to give all of u who paid and order after item lived on web.....but it's hard...when I didn't got confirmed answer how I answer u all?

And thanks Mickie!

Reactions: Mickle_89
Hi Kaka1888,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. First, I can appreciate that you are running these group buys and sourcing these limited releases for the steelbook community. I received my copy of UNCLE from your HDZ GB and am very pleased with that transaction.

For this Kimchi release of The Martian, I specifically did not order from the Kimchi website because I was of the full belief that I had my copy reserved through your GB. I feel misled, so please take a moment to consider that perhaps there's validity behind what I am saying. I wouldn't just say it for no reason, or to stir up drama. I think HDN is an excellent community and the staff here always seems to make every effort to manage this community in a great way.

There got GB end time, I also mentioned after item live I'm not sure can I get anymore, so GB wasn't closed after u asked 3 days....all of u can join on time if need one

Of course there has to be a GB end time. No question. But your OP said (and still says) that the GB will be open until March 4th. And my mistake it wasn't closed 3 days after I posted on March 3. It was closed by Moderator Apollon on March 15, 12 days after.

but it's hard...when I didn't got confirmed answer how I answer u all?

Not sure what you mean. Sure it might be hard, but you cannot just let pages and pages of requests build up and then just not answer or provide status. The GB should be closed when there are no more copies available for members. Or when counting supply, at least comment as to the status right away so we are all on the same page. The members in the GB count of the info in the OP and the updates in the thread.

The bottom line is that I was completely under the impression that I had a copy of the lenticular reserved. Why would I not be? There was not any reason posted or commented of communicated in the OP that would indicate otherwise this entire time. Think about that for a moment. So I was literally just waiting for the invoice for the past 2 weeks. This is not even a long time to wait so I did not suspect anything was wrong with my order. I've waited many months for other invoices to appear in my PM box.

I know that we work through many language barriers with all our members across the world. How nice that we can all work together! But language barriers aside, communication is very important in these group buys and I feel there was some important communication missing in this case.

Hi Kaka1888,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. First, I can appreciate that you are running these group buys and sourcing these limited releases for the steelbook community. I received my copy of UNCLE from your HDZ GB and am very pleased with that transaction.

For this Kimchi release of The Martian, I specifically did not order from the Kimchi website because I was of the full belief that I had my copy reserved through your GB. I feel misled, so please take a moment to consider that perhaps there's validity behind what I am saying. I wouldn't just say it for no reason, or to stir up drama. I think HDN is an excellent community and the staff here always seems to make every effort to manage this community in a great way.

Of course there has to be a GB end time. No question. But your OP said (and still says) that the GB will be open until March 4th. And my mistake it wasn't closed 3 days after I posted on March 3. It was closed by Moderator Apollon on March 15, 12 days after.

Not sure what you mean. Sure it might be hard, but you cannot just let pages and pages of requests build up and then just not answer or provide status. The GB should be closed when there are no more copies available for members. Or when counting supply, at least comment as to the status right away so we are all on the same page. The members in the GB count of the info in the OP and the updates in the thread.

The bottom line is that I was completely under the impression that I had a copy of the lenticular reserved. Why would I not be? There was not any reason posted or commented of communicated in the OP that would indicate otherwise this entire time. Think about that for a moment. So I was literally just waiting for the invoice for the past 2 weeks. This is not even a long time to wait so I did not suspect anything was wrong with my order. I've waited many months for other invoices to appear in my PM box.

I know that we work through many language barriers with all our members across the world. How nice that we can all work together! But language barriers aside, communication is very important in these group buys and I feel there was some important communication missing in this case.

putting aside any FAC vs. Kimchidvd rivalry (if there is one) I totally agree with you. If company makes, ships and informs about it's products, inc. support, in English - then it has be so ! Having English fluent member in team cannot be that hard if you sell and ship worldwide. I have made couple of Q's on their site, sadly the answers did not make any sense.

...and yes, my English ain't perferct either, but I take you can understand what my point/meaning is ? hope so !

Reactions: Blu-devil and harry
You clearly never had in hands their magnet lenticulars ? They are ''3rd Generation'' ones and they are simply superb in regards to the flip flop effect.
You clearly are jumping the gun assuming... Are Jurassic World, Looper, Birdman, Kingsman, Whiplash, Commando "3rd gen"?... I haven't seen one FAC lenti yet that compares to any of the Asian ones. Honestly, not even close.
...does this look like it ?
Yep... I'm still a fan of FAC.

I just think all flip lentis are awful, none have any depth. They should try to produce 3D lentis. 3D costs the same to print, maybe just train their art department or whoever designs them to produce them.

Hi Kaka1888,

Wow....I honestly think you are taking this too far. Why blame the GB host? My guess is that had you joined the GB in time, you would have been covered. I don't feel like the GB was a priority for you to be honest and your post suggests that.

The edition was sold out on March 3rd around 9 PM PST. You posted a request almost 2 hrs after the item sold out on Kimchi. Suggesting that you didn't order because you thought a copy would be reserved is untrue IMO. If you were truly interested in the GB, you would have joined before the item sold on Kimchi's website. Requesting it after it was sold out does not guarantee you a copy as the GB host probably had to place their order before the website live time. You also have to take into account that Hong Kong is 15 hrs ahead of PST so the group buy did close on the advertised date.

Also the fact that the participants in the OP had been invoiced and were paying is a clear indication that the GB had concluded and had moved into the next phase.

That lenti looks great, the mock-up made it look very dark but it's superb. Might try and pick one up once the buzz around this film dies down.

So as you can see by how many posts I have I'm fairly new to this so I had a few questions. After reading the last few posts I'm confused about the GB rules. As Jimmyv said the GB was still open even after there were no more copies and another member had to close it 12 days later. Isn't it supposed to be closed when there are no more copies and as I understand it GB are sometimes paused to count up the number of requests vs the number on hand.

Now I do get some of the other points that were made by Frank, however as I said I'm new to this and just wanted some clarification. The way it sounds is I could join a GB and still not get a copy.

As for the Kimchidvd Lenticular's they are hands down the best IMO. Kimchidvd is the only seller I will buy a Lenti even if I don't like the movie or have never seen it. The others I sometimes buy but that's if I liked the movie and are upgrading from a standard steel or amaray.

Reactions: lolwut
Wow....I honestly think you are taking this too far. Why blame the GB host? My guess is that had you joined the GB in time, you would have been covered. I don't feel like the GB was a priority for you to be honest and your post suggests that.

The edition was sold out on March 3rd around 9 PM PST. You posted a request almost 2 hrs after the item sold out on Kimchi. Suggesting that you didn't order because you thought a copy would be reserved is untrue IMO. If you were truly interested in the GB, you would have joined before the item sold on Kimchi's website. Requesting it after it was sold out does not guarantee you a copy as the GB host probably had to place their order before the website live time. You also have to take into account that Hong Kong is 15 hrs ahead of PST so the group buy did close on the advertised date.

Also the fact that the participants in the OP had been invoiced and were paying is a clear indication that the GB had concluded and had moved into the next phase.

your assumptions about me and what I was thinking are beyond absurd. i did not know the kimchi site had it sold out. i simply placed my order in the gb for ease of reservation. i was right in the middle of moving. (literally... like i removed my "heavy lifting" gloves to grab my phone to make that post) saying 1 to usa was worth a bit of an extra gb fee to me at that moment.

the gb host did not conduct the operation in a clear manner. period.