66.2 KB · Views: 454
  • 10840506-1385746462-288843.jpg
    10840506-1385746462-288843.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 377
  • 10840506-1385746462-288871.jpg
    10840506-1385746462-288871.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 382
Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with this - I think we might be seeing a few other price drops very soon. I keep being bombarded with 'Mega Sale' emails

In my opinion they should credit all customers who had this on pre order to the reduced price

Its only 1 week since been released not fair for customers who place a pre order as some only got delivery on Friday 6th December and Today 9th December and some not even got delivery yet

If this was 1 month later I can understand a price reduction but only 1 week later is not fair on customers who had this on pre order

If customers stop placing pre orders they will find it very difficult to see if a title going to sell well

I have made a complaint to Zavvi and will let you know what the reply is

Last edited:
I think they have a problem. Why else would they be dropping prices so quickly? They've got hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of Steelbooks sitting in their warehouses. I can see no other reason than they need money fast.

Yeh it like the team American steel I got it at £9.99 but it back up to £14.99.

and no doubt be £9.99 next week, they flooded the market to quickly and looks like they have a load of stock to clear.

In my opinion they should credit all customers who had this on pre order to the reduced price

Its only 1 week since been released not fair for customers who place a pre order as some only got delivery on Friday 6th December and Today 9th December and some not even got delivery yet

If this was 1 month later I can understand a price reduction but only 1 week later is not fair on customers who had this on pre order

If customers stop placing pre orders they will find it very difficult to see if a title going to sell well

I understand many are annoyed, it happened to me a couple of times. It has hardly come out of nowhere on this ocassion though. It has happened with quite a few titles in the last few weeks, I don't see how anyone can really complain now.

i wrote them an email now, both to [email protected] and on facebook, telling them my opinion to the price dropping so soon after release date.
this was the last time this will happen to me - i will keep some of the pre-orders on the disney titles, and i will keep "tenebrae" as it is arrow video which is worth the price (and the beyond steelbook hasnt had a price drop yet), but will only buy other zavvi exclusives for 9GBP or lower from now on.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

the only thing i hope for is that zavvi loses more money on their ridiculous pricing system than i did since i started collecting.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

i just got a quick reply on facebook, within 10 minutes! wow!

Hello XXXX,

I am very sorry about this situation. I am able to offer you a goodwill gesture of £5 onto the account, however this will only be a one time gesture of goodwill as prices are subject to change unfortunately.

I can see you are a loyal customer to Zavvi and we do appreciate our customers, however please do note that prices are subject to change and we do reserve the right to change prices at any time. This will happen during busy periods such as the Christmas one currently and this would be something to take into consideration for your future purchases.

Kind regards,

Tom

Reactions: pdbluray
i wrote them an email now, both to [email protected] and on facebook, telling them my opinion to the price dropping so soon after release date.
this was the last time this will happen to me - i will keep some of the pre-orders on the disney titles, and i will keep "tenebrae" as it is arrow video which is worth the price (and the beyond steelbook hasnt had a price drop yet), but will only buy other zavvi exclusives for 9GBP or lower from now on.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

the only thing i hope for is that zavvi loses more money on their ridiculous pricing system than i did since i started collecting.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

i just got a quick reply on facebook, within 10 minutes! wow!

Hello XXXX,

I am very sorry about this situation. I am able to offer you a goodwill gesture of £5 onto the account, however this will only be a one time gesture of goodwill as prices are subject to change unfortunately.

I can see you are a loyal customer to Zavvi and we do appreciate our customers, however please do note that prices are subject to change and we do reserve the right to change prices at any time. This will happen during busy periods such as the Christmas one currently and this would be something to take into consideration for your future purchases.

Kind regards,

Tom

Nice to see that they gave you a one time £5 goodwill gesture when they didn't have to do anything, may try this as I was a bit annoyed but it happens.

another message (which shows again that the best way of contacting zavvi is via facebook):

".... I will pass the feedback on to the marketing department as I do understand your frustration.

Kind regards,

Tom"

Tried it via Facebook as well, let's see what they do about it. Really think it's unfair to those who pre-ordered a long time ago and then offering the item for a bargain price only a week after the release. So far I didn't even get the steel which is annoying, too

really really good production video as always Snollygoster :), when I clicked your link, there're 2 webpages been opened, one with full JPG on the page the other is YouTube, is this normal :)?

Sometimes that happens, I dont know why :dunno:

I said that once. Still kicking myself for not nabbbing Commando when I had the chance. :(

yeah commando is one of the FEW steelbooks that sold out, and the chance that more steelbooks will sell out is reduced... people realize how Zavvi is taking advantage of them & doesn't care about their customers, so people stop ordering. Like I did.

I mean, how many exclusives did they release this year? 70? More? How many sold out? 10? Probably less. Lol.

Reactions: Gamesgaryjp
Zavvi certainly have a nerve doing this to their "loyal" customers! Only a week since this SteelBook was released and they're already offering it for 1/3 off! Doesn't bode well for those who pre-ordered it months in advance, and I'm guessing those who did are probably very angry right now!

A week. A WEEK!

Does Zavvi have no shame...? :(

Why has my original post prior to #411 been deleted? All I did was state the price had dropped????

Surely I'm not being censored for daring to highlight a price drop after one week of release????

I agree. One month and you can perhaps forgive them, but like you say, many people have only just received their deliveries late from last week. Plus, they would have known that a price drop was imminent, so it's only fair that they reimburse those who pre-ordered

I know it's only a one day flash sale, but there's nothing stopping us from returning our orders and re-ordering at the cheaper price. I've done just that out of principal! It's a tedious and unnecessary process, but I'm not having Zavvi take advantage of me like this just because I pre-ordered! A fiver is a fiver, and that's an extra fiver that could be put towards another SteelBook