66.2 KB · Views: 453
  • 10840506-1385746462-288843.jpg
    10840506-1385746462-288843.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 376
  • 10840506-1385746462-288871.jpg
    10840506-1385746462-288871.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 381
Last edited by a moderator:
So glad that I didnt pre order this I am losing faith in steelbooks :p I think I am going to just finish out my Marvel steelbooks, steels are just really losing their appeal for me :( I realize now that I am just throwing my money in the wind! :p Back to good old amarays for me.

Besides, steels are basically glorified amarays. I will surely get some negativity for this comment but that is basically what it boils down to. Look at 90%+ of steels, and you will recognize an amaray / digibook art and content.

Reactions: RihFlood212
says a lot about the current state of the market when a few years ago a nightmare before xmas steelbook was highly sought after.... roll on 2013 and its in the bargain bucket within a week.

back in the glory days of steelbook collecting, a ghostbusters, gremlins, goonies etc steelbook would have been instant out of prints. again, now they are bargain bucket material.

Besides, steels are basically glorified amarays. I will surely get some negativity for this comment but that is basically what it boils down to. Look at 90%+ of steels, and you will recognize an amaray / digibook art and content.

Steelbooks? Glorified amarays? GTFO. :angry:

Joking. I agree, they are only cases, but they give me a warm fuzzy feeling in my tummy. :emb:

Reactions: Norwichlad
There is a lot of justified bad feeling, about what Zavvi are doing, on this thread.
But in my opinion, you should have seen it coming. When they started offering "specials" on JB etc. I cancelled all pre-orders.
They dumped so many Steelbooks on the market, in such a short time, that the "sales" were bound to happen.
I missed out on Pain and Gain because of not pre-ordering, but I suspect I'll get one on EBay cheaper soon!!
Cheer up guys. It could have been worse. They could have released a Thor to beat the HMV one. Then you really would be angry.

There is a lot of justified bad feeling, about what Zavvi are doing, on this thread.
But in my opinion, you should have seen it coming. When they started offering "specials" on JB etc. I cancelled all pre-orders.
They dumped so many Steelbooks on the market, in such a short time, that the "sales" were bound to happen.
I missed out on Pain and Gain because of not pre-ordering, but I suspect I'll get one on EBay cheaper soon!!
Cheer up guys. It could have been worse. They could have released a Thor to beat the HMV one. Then you really would be angry.

I think we all knew it would drop in price eventually, but certainly not a week a later, JB never dropped to £9.99 you could only get it at that price if you bought it alongside another Disney steelbook as far as I'm aware.

finally got this as well and I think this looks absolutely gorgeous even though having a matte finish. :oohyeah:
I'm a bit reconciled now after fuming yesterday because of the price crash! Though I still think that was a ****** move from Zavvi, that's not how you treat loyal customers!

Reactions: PG Flips
Felt very bad for those who paid the ful lprice and pre ordered for weeks, when I hit the buy button for 9.99 pounds... But in the end I'm very glad to be able to have this deal...

am i the only one who successfully claimed the money from the price difference back?

it seems that anyone else just get the typical standard messages...

My reply from Zavvi from their Facebook and Site were almost exact:
Thank you for getting in touch about your price query.

This price on this item you are querying, The Nightmare Before Christmas, is £15.95, which is more than what was paid on the pre-order.

Apologies for any confusion caused.
Yeah, you waited until the price went back up and then checked! Thanks a lot :hilarious:

zavvi have achieved nothing positive by these pricing tactics, only infuriated many people who will most likely (like myself) not pre-order titles from zavvi in future.

i will probably keep pre-ordering the disney steels, because those will most likely sell out. apart from that, never pre-ordering any title with zavvi again.

lesson learnt

zavvi have achieved nothing positive by these pricing tactics, only infuriated many people who will most likely (like myself) not pre-order titles from zavvi in future.

i will probably keep pre-ordering the disney steels, because those will most likely sell out. apart from that, never pre-ordering any title with zavvi again.

lesson learnt

Why are you only interested in the steels that might sell out.
Surely that's not why we buy steelbookss

I agree with him. No point keeping it on order unless it sells out as otherwise it'll only drop in price. And limited sold out steelbooks are more desirable. I love looking at some of my grails. I wont cancel something that's sold out unless I mean it as I can normally always sell it for the same price to someone on here or I'll regret it

Reactions: levi

I think he was saying he would only PREORDER ones that are likely to sell out (Disney) and not preorder all the other steels that are likely to get the Zavvi price drop.

Reactions: levi

you misunderstand me, of course i am interested in pre-ordering a steelbook i want if its almost certain it will sell out. pre-ordering it guarantees i get a copy. rather than not pre-ordering it, and it going OOP before it is even released, meaning i cant buy it without being mugged on ebay.

with the disney titles, it is almost certain they will either sell out during the pre-order phase, or very shortly after. so you have to be an early adopter, or risk losing out on something you want.

its quite clear now that even the classic films dont sell out that fast, goonies, ghostbusters, gremlins etc i wont be pre-ordering any similar titles in future because there is no hurry, they are going nowhere- the titles wont sell out, meaning i can pick them up whenever i please, most likely at a huge discount only a week after release. bargain

Last edited: