• 10840506-1385746462-288843.jpg
    10840506-1385746462-288843.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 377
  • 10840506-1385746462-288871.jpg
    10840506-1385746462-288871.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 382
Last edited by a moderator:
Not surprised how this one turned out.

Now that I have a Blufans WIR on the way, I'm most likely going to cancel Zavvi's since there's nothing really stopping them from giving that one a matte finish too.

I got a Reply from Zavvi
2 Replies
Zavvi website
Hello Paul,

Thank you for getting in touch about your product.

I can confirm prices are subject to change at any time on the site and we do not price match sadly.

The price at the time of ordering your pre-order is the price we had to sell it for. As per the manufactures.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.
Kind regards,

Jamie-Lea
Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

Facebook

Hello Paul,

I understand your frustration entirely and I can only apologise.

Prices are subject to change unfortunately and we do hold the right to change prices at any given time. I have passed the feedback onto the relevant department and I can only advise they will take this into consideration in the future.

Kind regards,

Tom

Well both replies are not good enough
Why should I trust placing a pre order if a week later its 30% cheaper
I can understand a few weeks later and have taken advantage of this myself with other steelbooks

But to see 7 days later 30% less not a great way to keeping customers placing any pre order at all and is bad customer service and not a great way to get customer loyalty

I know if I respond to both replies I will get better response if I make my complaint louder
I usually keep my messages to Zavvi private but on this occasion I will make it public

Last edited:
Is annoying, but it is the season of mass shopping and sales I suspect as well. Might be worth holding off on steel shopping till we see what they have planned for Boxing Day sales.....

zavvi are taking the pee. so many steels i bought recently have hit the bargain bin within weeks. also, with the aptly named nightmare before xmas, i used all my zavvi points on it. i thought i was getting it for a bargain at £12. only for them to offer it for £9.99 a week later?

its quite clear now that zavvi are taking advantage of us. they add the extortionate £10-15 'collectors tax' onto the price of steels during the pre-order phase to trick money out of the serious collectors, then sell the product for what its really worth (£5-10) a few weeks later. so, at least we know the steelbooks arent worth what zavvi are asking.

wont be taken for a fool by zavvi ever again, all pre-orders besides those sold out will be cancelled.

Last edited:
Not happy. I love the movie, love the steel book, but to bring it down so quickly!! They should give discounts for, lets say, the first 500 pre-orders then make it the retail price. I have just recently received mine, and I must say, it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth to see that I could have saved at least £6.00 by waiting a few days!!!

I had been returning quite a few of my preorders to zavvi due to their low price steel tactics and had 1 lost claim form and surprise surprise, they have closed my account down. When i asked customer service all they say is, i havent passed security tests due to a "number of items" being lost in post. However, i told them i have proof i have only had that once and have had hundreds of orders from them through the year, just kept repeating same stuff to me. Thinking of taking them to trading standards.

Zavvi should pay heed to all these posts
All the pre orders getting cancelled must have them wondering what's happening

I really want to sue that company for how they treat customers. There must be laws/rules against the things they're doing (and no, accepting their terms and conditions doesn't mean anything if the terms and conditions are against the law...).

I had the same issue. I have ordere for thousands and it took me 5 MONTHS to get a refund for a few missing/not received steelbooks.!

Me cancelling and returning orders is purely due to their tactics of cheapening up the steelbook market and totally spoiling it, instead of rectifying it they blame me and cancel my account, just great! Annoyingly they dont even admit that, say that i have "lost a lot of items in post",,,cough cough 1!!!

Yeah as I said a few weeks back not pre ordering from zavvi any more. Will sit it out a week or two and pick up in the bargain bin. It's their loss. They should price at £9.99 preorder and then put the price up if you don't preorder . Stupid logic.

yeh, reward customers for being early adopters, not punish them.

Reactions: stepstone
So glad that I didnt pre order this I am losing faith in steelbooks :p I think I am going to just finish out my Marvel steelbooks, steels are just really losing their appeal for me :( I realize now that I am just throwing my money in the wind! :p Back to good old amarays for me.