• Poll closed .

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: September 16, 2016
Purchase links: Lenti - Full Slip - Leather Slip - One Click - (Pre-order on August 5, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $41.99 (Full Slip - Lenti) - $46.99 (Leather Slip) - $129.97 (One Click)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv (July 24 at 4 PM & ends on July 28 4 PM - CST) - Details HERE

Note: WEA. SteelBook will be glossy with a debossed title. Full Slip will feature effects like hot stamping and embossing.

13879262_1115215458588561_4060771494795804621_n.jpg 13872888_1115215461921894_6206329115611281653_n.jpg 13782142_1115215498588557_6209990557357345205_n.jpg 13882424_1115215465255227_2372774172179960357_n.jpg

Group Buy Live Time - Manta Lab Pre-order Time

13814405_10154418118606789_1958081194_n.png.jpeg 13710020_1110687725708001_4535818257980011083_n.png

Print Run (Total 4000, Both Domestic and International):
- Leather Slips, 1000 Copies
- Full Slips, 500 Copies
- Lenticular Slips, 400 Copies
- One Click Numbered 1 to 700 (Limited to 1 Copy)
Goodies: Booklet, Postcards (5ea), Character Cards (5ea), Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker (Faux Leather with Pyrography), Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker (Loose)
Actual pics of the leather slip can be seen HERE
13007384_1059772064132901_9094109559658413561_n.jpg
View attachment 249933
13580434_1102769339833173_4715554341086492000_o.jpg
Revenant_LS_Lenti_1024x1024.gif

Last edited:
Its an exclusive edition thats one click only so i'd say it is giving you something back for investing in it.

I personally think it should be available for all who want it but maybe a more limited run. That way it's still more desirable and pleases everyone who wants it.

I certainly don't have over £120 in the next month to drop on this just because I prefer a slip you can only get by spending a joke amount of money on all 3
The only way around that, that I can see, would be to buy the 1 click but try and flog the other 2 copies you don't want off inside the month. Thus making your money back (maybe a little extra if the demand is good) before you have to pay your credit card bill at the end of the month!! ;) :p

That's an expensive gamble though as you're still forking out a lot up front and you could be stuck with the other 2 copies you don't need.

The only way around that, that I can see, would be to buy the 1 click but try and flog the other 2 copies you don't want off inside the month. Thus making your money back (maybe a little extra if the demand is good) before you have to pay your credit card bill at the end of the month!! ;) :p

That's an expensive gamble though as you're still forking out a lot up front and you could be stuck with the other 2 copies you don't need.

I did think that but it's too much hassle plus like I said I haven't got £120 to spend in the first place. Because the payment will be a month before or something, then got to wait for it to arrive, hope it's mint etc and then sell it taking another 7 days lol too much hassle

You either buy it or you dont.Simple

I agree with you with that statement in most cases but i don't agree with the whole you can have the better version but only if you get the other not so great versions

(Not saying the other versions aren't great (we haven't even properly seen them)) but the whole leather esque slip is blatently going to be far better in terms of look, quality and true to the film)

And manta are not the first to do it, but I still don't agree with it

Last edited:
I did think that but it's too much hassle plus like I said I haven't got £120 to spend in the first place. Because the payment will be a month before or something, then got to wait for it to arrive, hope it's mint etc and then sell it taking another 7 days lol too much hassle

I agree with you with that statement in most cases but i don't agree with the whole you can have the better version but only if you get the other not so great versions

(Not saying the other version aren't great (we haven't even properly seen them)) but the whole leather esque slip is blatently going to be far better in terms of look, quality and true to the film)

I agree with everything you said @Flloydo !! Glad to have someone on my side :thumbs: I was also thinking of flogging the other 2 versions but the collector in me would not allow that as "they would all be the same number" :OMG: So I'm torn now, I don't what to do, but one thing is clear I will either get 1 slip from Manta and 1 slip from FA OR I will just get the FA one:thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Can I just ask, have they actually said, anywhere, that the leather edition will only be available as part of the one click? Based on what I can make out, the assumption is that it's only available in the one click because of the hashtag on the photo? ...perhaps it's just a hashtag...?

I agree with everything you said @Flloydo !! Glad to have someone on my side :thumbs: I was also thinking of flogging the other 2 versions but the collector in me would not allow that as "they would all be the same number" :OMG: So I'm torn now, I don't what to do, but one thing is clear I will either get 1 slip from Manta and 1 slip from FA OR I will just get the FA one:thumbs:

ATM I'm not short of cash. good for me, not bragging. so getting 1click and selling 2 others might be a chance (I would not mind doing it, as I rarely double dip). but believe or not, supporting this kind of business kind of gives me creeps. so not sure. still patiently waiting for what FAC comes up with... and missing this altogether is no such big deal. after all - these are just blu-rays in nice packages.

(a close relative of mine died few days ago, arranging his funeral, kind of puts things in prespective)

Can I just ask, have they actually said, anywhere, that the leather edition will only be available as part of the one click? Based on what I can make out, the assumption is that it's only available in the one click because of the hashtag on the photo? ...perhaps it's just a hashtag...?

I was personally told on email a few weeks back that this will only be available through one click (I expressed my feelings towards that to them at the time too)

And I think others may of been told the same

I was also told this will be a larger print run than man of steel but I don't know how much larger

• Helpful Post
Reactions: steelbobawny

(Not saying the other versions aren't great (we haven't even properly seen them)) but the whole leather esque slip is blatently going to be far better in terms of look, quality and true to the film)

Maybe manta are trying something different were as if you buy 1 click off kimchi or nova all you get is 3 films that you can buy on there own.
From what i've seen manta are trying to give us things we expect as collectors.And collectors like exclusives,low print runs etc.
And to me a one click is there if you really love the film and you want it.Some just buy for the sake of it because slips are nice etc.

Maybe manta are trying something different were as if you buy 1 click off kimchi or nova all you get is 3 films that you can buy on there own.
From what i've seen manta are trying to give us things we expect as collectors.And collectors like exclusives,low print runs etc.
And to me a one click is there if you really love the film and you want it.Some just buy for the sake of it because slips are nice etc.

Exactly, so make it a low print run instead

And I really love certain films but I like others can only go for one premium edition as apposed to a one click on 3 editions. Not everyone can afford that. It's nothing to do with if you love the film or not

Like you say kimchi, nova etc let you choose. I just don't agree with having to spend more on editions you might not want just to get another edition not avalibale to buy seperately (it's different if like you said earlier that if I/ you was paying for 2 and being rewarded with the third - I get that. That's cool I suppose)

Anyway this is just going round in loops, some will agree with what im saying and some won't.

And reading the whole nobody is forcing you BS is just redundant here. It's a different situation

Steelbooks in itself is a cash grab. Nobody is forcing you to buy anything. If you want it buy it. If you don't then move on.

oh, come on. in your opinion one should not tell ones opinion (let's say companies sale tactics) in the forums like these ?

I'd rather say, if you do not like the exchange of views here, do not mind reading them ... 'just move on'

not that hard. IMO.

Reactions: lgans316
Exactly, so make it a low print run instead

And I really love certain films but I like others can only go for one premium edition as apposed to a one click on 3 editions. Not everyone can afford that. It's nothing to do with if you love the film or not

Like you say kimchi, nova etc let you choose. I just don't agree with having to spend more on editions you might not want just to get another edition not avalibale to buy seperately (it's different if like you said earlier that if I/ you was paying for 2 and being rewarded with the third - I get that. That's cool I suppose)

Anyway this is just going round in loops, some will agree with what im saying and some won't.

And reading the whole nobody is forcing you BS is just redundant here. It's a different situation

I said that.

:naughty::whistle::thumbs::rofl:

Sorry to hear of your loss @nefilim

Re the Leatherbook I can understand the frustration but as nothing is concrete yet, print runs, how many of each title.
So just wait and see best case is that an amount of the Leatherbook will be released, Manta are listening and so far so good.
Happy 4th of July to my American Ninja's

If there is a one click I always go for it. But if I can't get get I don't buy any edition at all. :wacky:
I like the idea to get something special with the one click but that should be a Box or a special gift. On the other side... I love low print runs and making just 300 copies of the leather edition would be :drool:

• Thanks
Reactions: Ibfear