The Wicker Man (1973) (Blu-ray SteelBook) HDN CHOSEN ART (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

HDN CHOOSES INSIDE ART ON STEELBOOK - WHAT IS YOUR CHOICE?

• Choice 1

Votes: 92 27.9%
  • Choice 2

Votes: 204 61.8%
  • Choice 3

Votes: 34 10.3%
  • Choice 1

• Choice 2

• Choice 3

• Choice 1

• Choice 2

• Choice 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: October 14, 2013
Purchase link: The Wicker Man
Price: £14.99
Notes: 4k print run, inside art chosen by HDN community!

image.jpg
wicker pback.jpg

From Zavvi:
To all The Wicker Man fans, you’ll be very pleased to know the Blu-ray will include the UK theatrical cut, The Directors Cut (with seamless branching into extra scenes) and of course The Final Cut, plus lots more - now there's a reason to celebrate! Keep following The Wicker Man for more details

Official specs as per Studio Canal -

Blu-ray

The Final Cut

Burnt Offering: The Cult of The Wicker Man documentary written by Mark Kermode

Worshiping The Wicker Man - Famous fans featurette

The Music of The Wicker Man featurette

Interview with Robin Hardy

Interview with Christopher Lee & Robin Hardy (1979)

Restoration comparison

Trailers

DVD

The Final Cut

Worshipping The Wicker Man - Famous fans featurette

The music of The Wicker Man featurette

Interview with Robin Hardy

HDN CHOOSES INSIDE ART!!! MAKE YOUR CHOICE AND LET'S DESIGN A STEELBOOK! :thumbs:

CHOICE 1
View attachment 31064

CHOICE 2 - FINAL PICK!
View attachment 31065

CHOICE 3
View attachment 31066

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pictures.......:thumbs: i dont know how zavvi can still be telling people in the description it has all versions (blatant lie) i sold alot of dvds to cex to make space along with directors cut dvd for about 30p wish id have kept it to swap dvd disc out (its just another sneaky zavvi tactic to sell both bluray editions)....

Who do they actually think wants a DVD disc instead of the 2nd BD disc?

They have hampered the purchase-ability of this release now, I cancelled because I could see what was coming and now it's happened. I'm sure a few others won't bother with this steelbook now either.

Reactions: lolwut
I'm just happy StudioCanal still do Double Plays, because nobody else does.

At least with double plays, if someone wants to borrow your film and they haven't got a BD player, you can still lend them the DVD.

You lot are so picky.

You moan when we only get 1 disc steelbooks. We get a steelbook with a Blu ray and a DVD and you go ape ****.

For me a DVD is a useful coaster. I don't have kids, I don't lend films out to family/friends, so it is pointless. I appreciate that some do have a use for them, so I don't mind if they are included. Here there's no excuse for them not to include all of the discs from the amaray version though. StudioCanal are the worst distributor for Steelbooks in the UK. Recycled discs, lack of effort when it comes to artwork and the cheapest matte finishes in the business at the moment. They took the time to consult us on the inside art, but ignored every other concern of collectors here. I'll grab this when it hits the bargain section which will probably be in a couple of weeks. I can't see how this will sell any better than Withnail & I when that actually is a decent Steelbook, so I'm sure it will be less than a tenner in no time at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why the 2nd Blu-Ray could not be included instead, but the marketshare of Blu-ray overall precludes the exclusion of the DVD all together. The studio dictates this, and if they don't want to isolate the majority of the market (DVD buyers), with this item, then it is in their best interest to include the DVD. This is studio by studio though, so that is not always the case.

The original plan was indeed to include all 3 cuts on disc 1.

Things changed when StudioCanal couldn't get the branching to work. So, this then required it to have the 3 cuts spread over 2 discs. I assume this effected both Blu-ray and DVD editions hence them both stating 'disc 1' on them in the steelbook.

The information posted on Zavvi's site was from the information given to them by StudioCanal at the time. Admittedly, this should have been changed as soon as they were made aware of it. Again, I'll assume StudioCanal let them know, but even if they didn't - which is possible - others have so it should certainly be right now.

As a general rule, I prefer steelbooks (and Blu-ray releases in general) to also contain the DVD. I only have 1 Blu-ray player so the DVD is very handy for the laptop or TV/DVD combi. That said, in this case the 2nd Blu-ray really shouldn't have been dropped in favour of the DVD. It should have been either a 2 disc Blu-ray or 3 disc Blu-ray/DVD combi.

Well Rob and I tried to give you guys ample warning that Zavvi's specs were wrong which would've given you plenty of time to cancel.

Zavvi should've updated their product page, there's no question about that. They are notoriously bad fly being lazy in this area.

Getting lazy and cheap with all these black based steels. Looks like printer was an ink jet. You can see the lines for these revent steels lately especially with black based steels. BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Reactions: Marina Blue
I do like it, but Im glad I cancelled it in favour of the 3 disk version. I might pick up the steel in the future when its in the sales as I can see there being a lot of cancellations and returns based on the misinformation over the disk contents. Its a shame really, I hope Zavvi learn from this and keep on the ball with items and their descriptions on the site

I think this looks decent, it would have been nice to get all the discs in there instead of just the one though. I guess that's why the special edition is nearly twice the price of this.

I received this today & love it, it is a very welcome addition to my slowly increasing collection:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 104