The Wicker Man (1973) (Blu-ray SteelBook) HDN CHOSEN ART (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

HDN CHOOSES INSIDE ART ON STEELBOOK - WHAT IS YOUR CHOICE?

• Choice 1

Votes: 92 27.9%
  • Choice 2

Votes: 204 61.8%
  • Choice 3

Votes: 34 10.3%
  • Choice 1

• Choice 2

• Choice 3

• Choice 1

• Choice 2

• Choice 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: October 14, 2013
Purchase link: The Wicker Man
Price: £14.99
Notes: 4k print run, inside art chosen by HDN community!

image.jpg
wicker pback.jpg

From Zavvi:
To all The Wicker Man fans, you’ll be very pleased to know the Blu-ray will include the UK theatrical cut, The Directors Cut (with seamless branching into extra scenes) and of course The Final Cut, plus lots more - now there's a reason to celebrate! Keep following The Wicker Man for more details

Official specs as per Studio Canal -

Blu-ray

The Final Cut

Burnt Offering: The Cult of The Wicker Man documentary written by Mark Kermode

Worshiping The Wicker Man - Famous fans featurette

The Music of The Wicker Man featurette

Interview with Robin Hardy

Interview with Christopher Lee & Robin Hardy (1979)

Restoration comparison

Trailers

DVD

The Final Cut

Worshipping The Wicker Man - Famous fans featurette

The music of The Wicker Man featurette

Interview with Robin Hardy

HDN CHOOSES INSIDE ART!!! MAKE YOUR CHOICE AND LET'S DESIGN A STEELBOOK! :thumbs:

CHOICE 1
View attachment 31064

CHOICE 2 - FINAL PICK!
View attachment 31065

CHOICE 3
View attachment 31066

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies for drifting View attachment 48739 folks. But if you could post a pic of your signed edition Wyatt. I'd love to see how it looks. :thumbs:

Have fun Tonight!

Just on train home and got all my stuff signed, will post the pics when I get a chance!

He was really nice guy and really old :) there wasn't many people their to see him, bit of a shame really!

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Last edited by a moderator:
Just on train home and got all my stuff signed, will post the pics when I get a chance!

He was really nice guy and really old :) there wasn't many people their to see him, bit of a shame really!

Sent from my Galaxy S4

He's 84 now. Very cool getting all your stuff signed Wyatt. :thumbs:

I've been at a couple of signing's, where the turnout has been less than stellar. You do feel a little bad for the person that's for sure.

Reactions: wyatt03
He's 84 now. Very cool getting all your stuff signed Wyatt. :thumbs:

I've been at a couple of signing's, where the turnout has been less than stellar. You do feel a little bad for the person that's for sure.

And I was thinking he didn't look a day over 90 :D

Oh well if they couldn't be bothered to go and see the fella, then their loss is my gain! At least all the people that went we're true fans of the film. He was a really nice guy.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Reactions: paulboland
Congrats on the signed stuff mate! Shame he didn't have a silver or gold sharpie for the steelbook

I think you were just in front of me!

I really wished I'd brought along my wooden box set.... Still, got 2 sets signed and my Dad will be made up come Christmas!

Were you guy I was talking to about conventions?

Sent from my Galaxy S4

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Congrats on the signed stuff mate! Shame he didn't have a silver or gold sharpie for the steelbook

Yeah I know he only had black sharpies :( Still it looks ok and I dont think they were expecting him to sign steelbooks!

Sent from my Galaxy S4

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

who signed it the guy that played the Wicker Man?

I think you mean Edward Woodward! I wish he was there to sign this, but it might have been difficult getting him in to do it ;)

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Were you guy I was talking to about conventions?

Sent from my Galaxy S4

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Yeah I know he only had black sharpies :( Still it looks ok and I dont think they were expecting him to sign steelbooks!

Sent from my Galaxy S4

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

I think you mean Edward Woodward! I wish he was there to sign this, but it might have been difficult getting him in to do it ;)

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Ah maybe not - but someone else had the steelbook/wooden box and 3 disc set to sign!

I was there with my son!

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Ah it was you! People were getting some great stuff signed - There was a guy with a very rare looking poster (Italian I think) which looked great, and the guy behind me had a classy looking screenprint of the Blu-ray artwork. Wish I'd been more prepared! Chuffed with my 3 disc set anyway!!!

Reactions: wyatt03
I do like it, but Im glad I cancelled it in favour of the 3 disk version. I might pick up the steel in the future when its in the sales as I can see there being a lot of cancellations and returns based on the misinformation over the disk contents. Its a shame really, I hope Zavvi learn from this and keep on the ball with items and their descriptions on the site

So wait a second.. from reading the specs it looks like this zavvi version has all the same features as the 3 disc release. Only thing its missing is the CD which I assume is the soundtrack or something. Am i correct or is the steelbook actually an inferior release in any other way?

Yeah it was great to meet him if only briefly and I get the feeling he wont be doing many more, well unless this gets another release! Mind you theu will have to get it out quick as hes getting on a bit. Ive never seen his name on any convention line ups, so I'm not sure if he's signed much stuff before!

Heres a pic of Robin Hardy at the signing!

avenama2.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S4

So wait a second.. from reading the specs it looks like this zavvi version has all the same features as the 3 disc release. Only thing its missing is the CD which I assume is the soundtrack or something. Am i correct or is the steelbook actually an inferior release in any other way?

The steelbook is missing the 2nd Blu ray disk with the other cuts of the film, its a 2 disk set, 1 Blu of the final cut and 1 dvd of the final cut, whereas the 3 disk set is 2 Blu - final cut on disk 1 and Directors/Theatrical cuts on disk 2, and the soundtrack. Zavvi got their details wrong (weather through misinformation or just an error on their part hasnt been confirmed, but surely someone at Zavvi has some explaining to do on how they can get the details wrong on their own exclusive...)

Reactions: thecardman23
I cancelled ages ago because I was lead to believe I'd be missing out on the majority of the extras. Since it's only the theatrical cut and the older director's cut that's missing I might re-order, I have them both on Dvd. What's the odds of the price dropping before going OOS?