Thor: The Dark World (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Taiwan]

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
Thor: The Dark World (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook)

Release Date: Feb 21, 2014
Order Links:
Jsdvd.com - NT$1,020
YesAsia - $49.99 USD
Books.tw - NT$1,048

4710756542667-2.jpg

Pictures of actual SteelBook courtesy of jesse liu:
e09f4916-ac1c-4fc0-bd5e-787f64348ca8_zps7a5c1ff8.jpg

0532218a-bd88-438a-95fa-8f0772a4e352_zps5f443795.jpg

feeaa7ea-0dc0-4a43-8616-4639d7027a52_zps79d1876a.jpg

Old artwork of naked SteelBook:
Thor.png

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 410
Last edited by a moderator:
Just looked at the completed auctions.Surprised it hasn't been selling a lot higher.

This is only for the hardcore collectors. I think this will follow the route of IM3 which is struggling to sell well. Even the Zavvi 2D IM3 turd (as some people call), is selling for 18~20 whilst the TW one sells for under 28. There is a copy in the classifieds for 30, which is hardly the cost price + shipping for months with no takers.

This could be more limited than Kimchi but there isn't a source to confirm anything.

Extremely unlikely. I don't think it's that limited at all. It went out of stock at JSDVD for a while but when they restocked it was available for quite a while, and was available on YesAsia throughout (typically the sign of a large run). Even now it's only temporarily OOS at YesAsia and back in stock again at JSDVD and Books.tw. These Disney Marvel titles aren't produced in low quantities - if I were to guess I'd say around the 3k mark per title. But as you say, there's rarely ever any confirmation.

Last edited:
Low or high print runs who really cares, yes it's nice to be limited with low print run but gone those days for true grails with low print runs so I say get this beauty and be grateful for what you getting (if you into slips this IS THE one to get period), I said it before and will say it again this will be the best version of Thor 2 out there (slip-wise that is), BFs one will have to come up with something special to beat this quarter slip and my guts say that theirs will be full slip and not as awesome, even KimchiDVD's one is limited and sold out in 10mins but as nice as it is with all the extras it comes with (personally I do not care much about as I never open it) and low print run I still prefer Taiwan by a mile (no disrespect to anyone but that's just my personal opinion), so do yourself a favour and go get it if you have not already ;)

Low or high print runs who really cares, yes it's nice to be limited with low print run but gone those days for true grails with low print runs so I say get this beauty and be grateful for what you getting (if you into slips this IS THE one to get period), I said it before and will say it again this will be the best version of Thor 2 out there (slip-wise that is), BFs one will have to come up with something special to beat this quarter slip and my guts say that theirs will be full slip and not as awesome, even KimchiDVD's one is limited and sold out in 10mins but as nice as it is with all the extras it comes with (personally I do not care much about as I never open it) and low print run I still prefer Taiwan by a mile (no disrespect to anyone but that's just my personal opinion), so do yourself a favour and go get it if you have not already ;)

Thats coming from a man who knows his slips... TW all the way.

Reactions: ricster