Wanted (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Media Markt Exclusive) [Germany]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: January 08, 2009
This version of Wanted has an EMBOSSED title, printed back (German), and is extremely hard to find, as it was only sold in Media Markt stores in Germany.

Actual picture: (Thanks to morlock84)
View attachment 11562

Picture found via google images.
wanted.jpg

Last edited:
Karl, sadly with Germany, you never know-there have been editions released that were exactly as the original (i.e. Underworld Trilogy). I think some long-time collectors are sick of that-I know I am. For some it's not just about having the release, it's about having a unique release. Sometimes the value of a Steel is deminished (i.e.I am Legend version 1 and 2) by these reprints and re-releases. I'd say that if someone was looking for the 1st release, it still seems like a decent price.

Karl, sadly with Germany, you never know-there have been editions released that were exactly as the original (i.e. Underworld Trilogy). I think some long-time collectors are sick of that-I know I am. For some it's not just about having the release, it's about having a unique release. Sometimes the value of a Steel is deminished (i.e.I am Legend version 1 and 2) by these reprints and re-releases. I'd say that if someone was looking for the 1st release, it still seems like a decent price.

I am not a long-time collector more a long term collector and so never had opportunity to buy some of these SB's at "fair" prices. However it's that sort of thing that draws people like me into collecting. The situation with Wanted was strange in that it was almost duplicated with Death Race, as they were both debossed and then the re-release was G1 sized Blu & DVD, but Death Race has never commanded the price premium that an original Wanted has.

However as DB rightly says the situation with UT is just nauseating (no matter who stars in them !). Totally unnecessary - there said my piece.

Surfury-yep, definitely-it's sometimes impossible to find some of the "cornerstones" of all of the Steelbook releases at reasonable prices, and because of that it's definitely understandable why folks would want to purchase a Steel that was re-released. I think "value" has two components-either a person cares about what they could resell it for, or how unique the item is that they have, or both. Steelbooks were not always released this frequently as they are now, so many consider the release slate "watered down". The studios are taking advantage of "droves" of collectors (new ones added all of the time), and trying to turn a buck by continuing to release the same titles repeatedly. There's another side to collecting Steels (as there is with any 'collectible'), and that is that some consider the 1st release/print the most valuable, to themselves, personally, without regard for resale value, because it is the "original". The good thing is, that every collector is different, and people have been jumping into the hobby for years-a good thing that gives the SB game new blood, feedback and an ever-growing community!

Last edited:
I am not a long-time collector more a long term collector and so never had opportunity to buy some of these SB's at "fair" prices. However it's that sort of thing that draws people like me into collecting. The situation with Wanted was strange in that it was almost duplicated with Death Race, as they were both debossed and then the re-release was G1 sized Blu & DVD, but Death Race has never commanded the price premium that an original Wanted has.

I might be wrong about this, but I thought that Wanted gained an 18 rating in Germany, which put it on the restricted list and therefore was much harder to purchase than a copy of Death Race.

That's what I remember, any way.

Yeah and ebay got another 10 GBP.

John

Maybe the winning bidder is not a member of forums like this. Maybe the winning bidder has tried finding this steel elsewhere, and has been unsuccessful, in his or her attempt.

As long as the deal was legitimate, and all parties involved are happy, that is all that matters.

yeah its a shame that seller is probably a fraud sadly... you could take the chance and try your luck with claims through ebay, paypal if you don't get it.... Personally if I was going to take the chance I would make sure I paid with my CREDIT CARD THROUGH PAYPAL. This way you have three layers of security and most importantly one that will actually fight for you and that is your credit card company. I have had three claims in roughly 10 years of online shopping and I did them all through my credit card company without any problems. Didn't even bother with paypal or ebay as they are useless.

Some Iron Man buyer, already getting screwed:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

Further on I can't believe people just being so naive bid on those items, from that 0%-feedback guy. Rambo, Wanted, Death Race. All stolen sealed pics.

Also this is a strange line:

This is a privat auction, therefore I don´t take risk of shipping. No return or refund.
Shipping World Wide and then Excludes, the Whole World.

He didn't even take the time to set up his item-page.

Today the Wolverine FNAC steelbook also was on eBay. I was 20% interested in this item. I asked him friendly what the shippings costs would be and what the condition of the steelbook was. That stupid guy replied back in French. :rolleyes: Just like some Germans do. I speak English. Really they all think we speak their language. Those are the same people who go on vacations, and just keep speaking their own language, in a different country.

I really hate that, just unbelievable.

Last edited: