Wanted (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Media Markt Exclusive) [Germany]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: January 08, 2009
This version of Wanted has an EMBOSSED title, printed back (German), and is extremely hard to find, as it was only sold in Media Markt stores in Germany.

Actual picture: (Thanks to morlock84)
View attachment 11562

Picture found via google images.
wanted.jpg

Last edited:
I know it is, but it looks exactly like the UK edition. And at least with the UK edition I'd get english in the back, can't stand to have something dubbed over whatever the language is, especially when I have the choice of another release.

And yes, the german one has debossed title, biiiiiig deal. It's not worth the 100+ extras Euros, but heh, that's my opinion :rolleyes:

I have seen both compared side by side and the UK one just looks dull. Its not just all about the debossing. No logos printed on MM and the bluray banner is actually properly aligned on the MM edition whereas on the UK one its kind of crooked and cut off. The colours of the MM edition are so much richer/vibrant and pop out compared to the UK. I have the UK one as well btw. The MM edition is quite a bit nicer then meets the eye when initially comparing the two.

just received this today from chipvideo.

this is one sexy steelbook. I have seen so many picture of it and never noticed until I found out that it was debossed. I was patience enough to wait for a mint copy, and I found chipvideo had one for sale. Of course, I bought it.

All I can say "WOW". It is nothing like what I see in the picture. Even I feel that my picture below doesn't show the beauty of it. It seems glossy in person, but the picture doesn't show that. It's very strange.

I highly recommend if anyone looking to add this title to your collection, then this is the ultimate version to own. Find it cheap, or whatever, just add it. I'm not disappointed at all. I have bunch of steelbook in my collections that are "average" or 'so-so", but this one is definitely in my top 3 now.

Wow, I love Angelina Jolie!!!

img2286ey.jpg

Last edited:
Third most rare steelbook? That would surprise me. During the time I've been collecting it's never really seemed a difficult one to find, with copies turning up on eBay fairly regularly. I've never gone for it myself because I've always balked at spending so much more over the UK one just for the debossing. Interesting comments from steelbook86 on the colours, and I hadn't heard that before, but I'm not sure it's really that rare - just expensive!

I agree.

I decided to exam it for the 5th time today :D

The background has a nice matte color and they made Angelina and that dude into a glossy layer on top of the background. Therefore, it gives a 3D-like artwork. With the debossed title, the whole thing turned out amazing....

I have a lot of steelbooks. This is my favourite of them all! And you really need it in you hand to see how really nice it is.

Sent From The Bat Cave.

I also like mine but it really isn´t that hard to find. Normally around 5 of them are available form sellers on amazon.de for prices from 70 to 130€. I wouldn´t go after the ebay prices since they allways are to high from what i can see.

just received this today from chipvideo.

this is one sexy steelbook. I have seen so many picture of it and never noticed until I found out that it was debossed. I was patience enough to wait for a mint copy, and I found chipvideo had one for sale. Of course, I bought it.

All I can say "WOW". It is nothing like what I see in the picture. Even I feel that my picture below doesn't show the beauty of it. It seems glossy in person, but the picture doesn't show that. It's very strange.

I highly recommend if anyone looking to add this title to your collection, then this is the ultimate version to own. Find it cheap, or whatever, just add it. I'm not disappointed at all. I have bunch of steelbook in my collections that are "average" or 'so-so", but this one is definitely in my top 3 now.

Wow, I love Angelina Jolie!!!

img2286ey.jpg
Nice one bud, have the dull UK version but need this badly, one day :D

Reactions: MayFlower
one day my friend, you'll own it... I know you...money is not an issue :D

trust me, you will not be disappointed it. If I can find a sealed copy for cheap, then I'm going to grab one :)

Nice one bud, have the dull UK version but need this badly, one day :D

£51 & still about 4 days to go :naughty:

i know it will, shoot up i have found a sealed one somewhere esle for quite a high price but if this goes anywhere near it i will buy the other one :scat: plus 50 was my bid on this one so someone else must really want this to put a big bid in so early lol :ohno:

I really want this, but $50 is too much for me...
U mean £50+ :p

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

one day my friend, you'll own it... I know you...money is not an issue :D

trust me, you will not be disappointed it. If I can find a sealed copy for cheap, then I'm going to grab one :)
I know bro, just taking my time U know me ;)

i know it will, shoot up i have found a sealed one somewhere esle for quite a high price but if this goes anywhere near it i will buy the other one :scat: plus 50 was my bid on this one so someone else must really want this to put a big bid in so early lol :ohno:
I'd go for the sealed copy if I were U bud ;)

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Wow, that's way MORE expensive for me...
I'd grab it in a heart beat if it was $50, hell even £50 lol, this is up there with the best, top 4 BD steelbook of all time ;)

This is really that good?
Well it's really upto U to decide that but to the majority of the hardcore BD Steelbook collectors it certainly is, it's because it's a limited store exclusive (MM) steelbook, debossed title, no fsk ratings printed on the cover etc :)