[WINNERS CHOSEN] IRON MAN Hot Toys and Manta Lab editions GIVEAWAY

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
5 prizes, 5 winners.

Two are easy to obtain, and you'll need to work a bit for the other three. Read below for T&C.

Chat away. Try to have a meaningful discussion around movies, SteelBooks, pop culture in general.

The first prize is a Hot Toys IRON MAN Mark XXXIII - Silver Centurion, in a like new condition from my collection.

The second prize is a Nimbus+ Apple Arcade Gaming Controller - Apple device not included - tested once to make sure there were no defects. You can read more about it here.

Once this thread reaches 65 pages, the third prize will be unlocked, and I will add a The Hateful Eight Secret Edition - no pack shot, sorry not sorry.

At 100 pages, the fourth and fifth prizes will be unlocked, I will add The Prestige and Blade Runner Manta Lab editions.

Winners cover their own shipping.

Click the like button of this post to indicate you read the rules.

PD1374721665p07.jpg
imgbuy_nimbusapple_001_2.png__1850x800_q100_crop-scale_optimize_subsampling-2.png
FS_overall_5000x.jpg
BR_overall_fs_2000x.jpg

Never seen Thirteenth Floor, nor heard anything about it. I do believe I need to check it out.

Oh then you definitely should see it. It was overshadowed by the Matrix that year, like Dark City, even though came out almost 6 months before it.
Got a great cast, Craig Bierko, Vincent D'onofrio, Armin Mueller-Stahl, Gretchen Mol (yeah, all the 'foreign' names :D ).

Reactions: JinxyKatte
I hope so.
My mother died recently (over a year now, but still seems so), and you know how when you get sudden hiccups, you're supposed to say the person who's thinking of you, and it'll stop. Well, when I list her, it stops immediately, happened three times at least. So if she's thinking about me, then must exist in some form somewhere.
Or it's all just wishful thinking to make it easier for ourselves, and nothing matters.
I mean, do cats pass on to somewhere?
Do flies? Why are they worse, if not?
Let it at least be a Thirteenth Floor type of simulation.
Anyone seen that movie?
View attachment 541232
I have no doubt you will see her again mate.
I personally do not believe in any religion but I do believe there is something more after. There is too much we don't understand and it feels everyone has had something happened that leads to a belief of something more that just can't be explained away

Reactions: jaws finatic
Never seen Thirteenth Floor, nor heard anything about it. I do believe I need to check it out.

Not to do a deep dive on souls and things like that, but you mentioned 'fly's'. Clearly, like dogs, cats, ants, roaches..they are alive. We think, as humans, they can't have souls. Yet we learn from life experience that many creatures actually care for their young. Are grief stricken when they die. To get to something like insects, it seems the answer would be no. But that's a human answer. Sometimes I try to just abandon what I think about things and try to see it from a grander view. Such as, we have souls that many believe return to God. What if the soul is merely part of a grander scheme of life giving force that belongs to all creation, including the trees, and grass, and sand. Like the earth itself. We know it's alive because we live on it. If it was dead, we would not be alive.

Does that mean I'm saying we don't have specific souls. Absolutely not. That's what sets us apart in our uniqueness. I used to think that we just have souls that are kind of there and we go about our way. Then I thought that, perhaps, it's our bodies that are merely there and it's our souls that lead the body. But more and more I think it has to do with the body being in control, but the soul is there also, and we either rely on it and allow it to help us, or turn a deaf ear and go about our way. I don't know the answer for sure. In fact, that is the only thing I'm sure of: I don't know. But with all things I don't understand, I just say this: If it's how God wants it to go down, well then fine and dandy.
It's interesting you mention cats and dogs as that has been my issue with some religions, that apparently they do not have souls so don't get in and the most common answer I get from people trying to explain to my why is that they don't have souls and apparently this is because they don't understand right from wrong and if they do it is only through training and they apparently still don't understand.
My response is always that first, they must have never had a dog or cat because they know lol.
And 2nd, yeah, we might have to train a dog right from wrong but where would we be if our parents and society didn't do the same. They teach us right from wrong. So yeah, wherever I go, there will be animals lol

Oh then you definitely should see it. It was overshadowed by the Matrix that year, like Dark City, even though came out almost 6 months before it.
Got a great cast, Craig Bierko, Vincent D'onofrio, Armin Mueller-Stahl, Gretchen Mol (yeah, all the 'foreign' names :D ).
Thirteenth floor is brilliant

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Out of interest, what are peoples thoughts on the new little mermaid film.
I see it is getting a lot of hate, mostly because the actress used as Areil.
I probably won't watch it as I don't like the live action films disney have been doing in general but from what I have seen, I think the actress looks really good in that role and hate to see how people are tearing down a young actress for what appears to be no legitimate reason

Dude!! Seriously!! It blows my mind to smithereens that people aren't all over this. Even the one offs where they show up saying they want to win. I'm sure they do, but hey....read the rules and do some more posting to get us where we need to go! I'm thankful to Iron Man for not just pulling the plug. I do care, and care passionately, about winning something here, especially either that Prestige and Blade Runner Manta, as well as the Hateful Eight. I'd love that Iron Man, too, but I have no place to put it that would serve its majesty. Of course....I would take it if I won. lol. The Apple gaming thingy is beyond my years. Last game I played was pacman.
Do we know where these will ship from? I'm hoping UK.

That's awesome dude. Looking forward to more!
Hey thanks man. I put so much time into making my title card yesterday. Which I then dual purposes for my Youtube banner. What did you think? I also came up with a new Thumbnail idea so they look much mlre professional (I hope) and more uniform. What did you think of the title card?

Reactions: jaws finatic
Out of interest, what are peoples thoughts on the new little mermaid film.
I see it is getting a lot of hate, mostly because the actress used as Areil.
I probably won't watch it as I don't like the live action films disney have been doing in general but from what I have seen, I think the actress looks really good in that role and hate to see how people are tearing down a young actress for what appears to be no legitimate reason
Honestly all the live actions I have found really just bleh and soulless. I watched a review for Pinocchio and they (captain midnight) hits the nail on the head.

Agreed, I am surprised more aren't involved and in a way it would be nice if they did as it would get numbers up and would be nice to get talking to more people but on the other hand, I am selfish and want to win lol
Yeah. I feel as though with the last 2 competitions (I never entered them before) I have gotten to know a few more people on here. Maybe even enough fo call friends at some point lol.

Honestly all the live actions I have found really just bleh and soulless. I watched a review for Pinocchio and they (captain midnight) hits the nail on the head.
I think they should have taken a different direction with them rather that just completely copy the originals, like a darker version of beauty and the beast could have been really good.
My biggest disappointment was lion King, I love the original but I just did not enjoy the live action. Because it was live action, the hyenas did not have the same affect whatsoever

Reactions: JinxyKatte