Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 581
Last edited by a moderator:
Zavvi, that's a dirty 5-letter word [G]

They do not know how to pack/ship and most come damaged because as we all know, packages got tossed and thrown around by gorillas who could care less of the contents and Fragile stickers on it.

They also send each one separate rather than an entire order in one boxed packed nicely with bubblewrap or some other protection as most companies that sell steelbooks.

Oh, and just try to deal with their so-called Customer Service; oy vey, you'll feel like you're having a conversation with a wall, not to mention just using their very lame E-mail system.

And, don't even think about calling their Customer Service number as all you get is a recording.

I had a large order from them to USA; what a mess. My credit card company dealt with them and even had issues, but I won it all as they are not very bright. You know, if everyone got smart and didn't order from them, perhaps they would change. Besides, most of their issues have exact same artwork from somewhere else in another edition as the word "exclusive" is used too much when in fact there are very few steelbooks that truly are exclusive.

//Steve

Reactions: Rowan
It must be Greedy Bastard week at Zavvi. Is it just me or are people finding that if you order 2 (two) copies or
more of a steel they want to charge you £14.00 plus for tracked delivery as standard??? It used to be that the charge was £0.99p
per order. It must be bloody Xmas or something. Maybe it's my aftershave. I have no idea what goes on with these guy's sometimes.
Look at the Malificent fiasco. How can you have a recommended price and then try to circumvent that by using e-bay to make
an inflated profit. Can't be right. Something rotten in Denmark. Unscrupulous. If i'm missing something here, please set me straight!

Reactions: rover
Yeh, Zavvi seem to have changed their shipping policy. That was the only positive aspect about their business from an international point-of-view and it's gone now:
  • Tracked Delivery - Track your order during delivery, orders over 2kg in weight will automatically select tracked delivery. If you have selected multiple items below 2kg and wish to select standard delivery please order separately. - £11.99

Is it possible to use PayPal for Zavvi? I didn't think it was possible, but then I saw someone in another thread advising to use it.
Any time I've ever tried to use PayPal on Zavvi it says "not available at this time." Do you have to live in the UK to use PayPal at Zavvi? Or is there another trick? Or is my Zavvi account just broken?

I just used paypal yesterday and I am in the States
I just tried it again today and it didn't work again. I even tried changing from USD back to GBP and both times it said PayPal was not available. I emailed customer service, but I doubt they'll have a solution. Oh well, I'll just keep using my credit card there, but PayPal would be so much more convenient.

Is it possible to use PayPal for Zavvi? I didn't think it was possible, but then I saw someone in another thread advising to use it.
Any time I've ever tried to use PayPal on Zavvi it says "not available at this time." Do you have to live in the UK to use PayPal at Zavvi? Or is there another trick? Or is my Zavvi account just broken?
Yes! After you go to basket it says CHECKOUT or....(little writing) paypal...

I just tried it again today and it didn't work again. I even tried changing from USD back to GBP and both times it said PayPal was not available. I emailed customer service, but I doubt they'll have a solution. Oh well, I'll just keep using my credit card there, but PayPal would be so much more convenient.

Does the payment screen look like this?
Capture.PNG

image.jpg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Ricker
Well that is me done with any preorders now with Zavvi.
As they seem to have changed the Remaining steelbooks to be delivered from next week with now 5 last releases before Christmas. Have cancelled every one I could expect The Lion King And Beauty and the Beast.
This is a shame I feel but as they have not bothered to let us know then I am not preordering again