Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 583
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, quick question-

In September I ordered the X2 steel when it was 7.99 and "In Stock".

I've been getting weekly "we're looking for this item emails from them sense, but I notice its listed on their website now as "out of print".

I'm never going to get it am I? They already charged me back in Sept too. Is it just a simple email to cancel and get my $$ back? I would have dealt with it soon, but been busy. Thanks!

I've been getting weekly "we're looking for this item emails from them sense, but I notice its listed on their website now as "out of print".

I'm never going to get it am I? They already charged me back in Sept too. Is it just a simple email to cancel and get my $$ back? I would have dealt with it soon, but been busy. Thanks!

Email/Tweet them at @zavvihelp they should be able to help you with this, if not a refund should be issued.

I keep having my steelbooks stolen by the low paid postworkers in the profit-rich, newly privatised Royal Mail.... :meh:
...Does Any1 know why I cannot select Zavvi's premium Yodel or DPD next day services at checkout? ....is it my Browser perhaps ? (Safari) ?
Thanx.
Pretty sure that is only available when they have the Steelbook in stock in their Warrington (England) warehouse.
When they ship from the Channel Islands (most Steelbooks come from there) it's not an option.

Reactions: SaberTooth
^^^ yeah over the weekend i figured that the service wasnt available for steels outright (was able to get it to show up for a £17 PS3 game lol)... i literally had £50 worth of steels i was catching up on and a few discount codes going too for a nice tasty steelbook blowout.
But alas no Premium shipping service for my valuable order(s) means no sale from now on zavvi :stop:

.... its cuz i'll be lucky to recive hallf of them via standard post, if any at all. It really has gotten bad for me now, as i think some RM post-worker(s) specifically knows those white boxes contain more than just regular dvd's, and that a bunch of em can add up quite nicely :(

Looks like i'll be doing a lot more business with amazon from now on then :hurting:

.... its cuz i'll be lucky to recive hallf of them via standard post, if any at all. It really has gotten bad for me now, as i think some RM post-worker(s) specifically knows those white boxes contain more than just regular dvd's, and that a bunch of em can add up quite nicely :(
You don't live in Epping do you? :p

Thankfully I've never had any issues with the postie that delivers to my work (which is where all my parcels go as I'm never home during the day).

I have the same deal! I get this email a lot:
We are aware that your order for the item(s) below is still outstanding and apologise that this has not yet been sent.
  • X-Men 2 - Limited Edition Steelbook
We're sorry this has happened.
We remain in contact with our suppliers and will keep you updated as soon as we are able to send the item to you.

I know that I haven't been charged though, because they never charge me until it is dispatched. Hope that's the same case for you! I'd kinda like to have some decisive action though! Are they gonna get it? Or are they just jerkin me with emails?!!:confused:

Yes.You are good to go.Congrats!

I have the same deal! I get this email a lot:
We are aware that your order for the item(s) below is still outstanding and apologise that this has not yet been sent.
  • X-Men 2 - Limited Edition Steelbook
We're sorry this has happened.
We remain in contact with our suppliers and will keep you updated as soon as we are able to send the item to you.

I know that I haven't been charged though, because they never charge me until it is dispatched. Hope that's the same case for you! I'd kinda like to have some decisive action though! Are they gonna get it? Or are they just jerkin me with emails?!!:confused:

Yeah, I ordered X2 as part of a larger order, so I wonder if that's why? It's odd because it wasn't all charged together, the X2 order was its own separate charge. Or I guess there could be something else wrong with my Zavvi account. But if you're telling me you didn't get charged I should probably take care of it sooner than later lol. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: C.C. 95
Yeah, I ordered X2 as part of a larger order, so I wonder if that's why? It's odd because it wasn't all charged together, the X2 order was its own separate charge. Or I guess there could be something else wrong with my Zavvi account. But if you're telling me you didn't get charged I should probably take care of it sooner than later lol. Thanks for the info.
I think it's in the system tumbling around, and A) a human hasn't been alerted to this pointless email going out over and over again for a order that will never be filled. Or B) they believe that somehow some lost stock is gonna drop back into the system and its just a matter of time. I'll happily let the wheels spin since I didn't actually pay anything yet. And maybe after a year of emails and no delivery they will feel so bad or stupid about it, they'll give me a free steel or free coupon or something!!!:p
But. I DO wonder who is the genius keeping track of this department...(!)
image.jpg

Hi

I am new to this all, very difficult to navigate and more so for disabled senior [G]

Don't know where this goes, but I use to order from Zavvi, but they are on my No Shop List as they do such lousy packing that you end up with more bad than good. And, then try to deal with them for a return or their lame message/support system; you'd have better luck resurrecting Jesus [G] My bank actually fought for me against them and won; ye ha; I think that's what they say here in Arizona.

I have received a few damaged Steelbooks from Zavvi, but the percentage is not out of the ordinary I would suspect. Zavvi have been good about sending me replacement items at their expense. Recently I ran into a glitch where I was advised a replacement for a damaged Steelbook had been sent when it actually hadn't. This situation has been straightened out and I have to give Zavvi a pat on the back because in the process of communicating back and forth I mixed up which of the Alien series Steelbooks had been damaged in the later messages I sent them, but they caught the error and mailed the right one without saying anything. Now let's hope it arrives in one piece.

I believe in giving credit when credit is due. Thank you Zavvi.

Well, it's taken since 4th November, but I finally managed to get the refund for my damaged item out of Zavvi - apparently it was processed today and should actually appear within the next 3-5 days.

They received my return over a week ago and seemingly hadn't even bothered to process it until yesterday (I chased them up on Wednesday, to which I got a reply yesterday. I've found 'support' responses seem to be a minimum of 24 hours, on average - around 26).

Considering that and the fact that it took 3 messages for them to correctly arrange a refund in the first place - 1st: Saying want to return the item for a full refund, not partial. 2nd: Reiterating that after being ignored and only offered a partial refund. 3rd: Informing them that they had sent an RMA form with the wrong information, as it was marked for replacement not refund... In the future the only Steelbooks I'll be ordering from them are exclusives not available in other countries (e.g. if Amazon Germany has the same Steelbook as a Zavvi exclusive, I'll be ordering from Amazon Germany), because it's just too much of a pain to deal with Zavvi when things go wrong.

I'll happily pay more for the same product, if in the instance when things go wrong they actually have competent staff to deal with it and it gets resolved quickly, for Zavvi it just doesn't seem to be a priority - at all.

By comparison, the last damaged item I received from Amazon: I talked with someone practically straight away via live chat, quickly got sent the RMA details and returns label, returned it the following day and was refunded promptly - that's customer service.

Last edited:
Just got an email from Zavvi, they've anounced a Zbox. It's their version of LootCrate.
image.jpg

I'm wondering if the moderators could ask these 3 questions when they get a chance. I would love to hear an honest answer from a Zavvi rep,

1.) why are a lot of Steelbooks previously sold out ages ago, come back into stock after such a long time?
2.) why is their customer service so bad?
3.) do they realise by re releasing certain steelbooks that are supposed to be ultra limited, they are blatantly showing that they are not bothered by the customers view of them? They are technically providing false information and some steels are not as limited as they make out to be!!

If you do get a chance to put these questions to zavvi, I would love to hear their response. Something tells me that they will swerve the answers like a politician!!

So I'm here at the NEC Birmingham working at the Motorcycle Live show. Comic-Con is going on just upstairs. I wandered up there earlier and the queue for tickets was bonkers so I'm not gonna bother with it today. I might try to snag a cheap ticket tomorrow.

Of course, any of this is only relevant if Zavvi have a stall in there like they did in London.

Every box set i get from Zavvi no matter what comes with dented corners it has got to the point where the savings are just not worth the hassle.

It's not even like they are damaged in transit as they come in undamaged packing.

Why can't the people picking just take a couple of seconds to look if it's dented and if it is Zavvi send it back to your supplier not onto your poor customer.