Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 567
Last edited by a moderator:
So obviously you'll never purchase anything from the Hut Group again, right? Right?

I mean how can anybody possibly support such a company after what you have posted here. Right?
Oh you @Stygian ... with all your "mischievous posts" :naughty: :D ... you just try to "stir" us/me with every opportunity that you have, right? :p:whistle:

Frankly, I can't see where you come up with this kind of conclusion from what I've said, but ...
I would certainly don't purchase from them, but somehow they know what we all want and like, so they are still getting some great SteelBbooks and some not so great, but we all (me included) will still purchase from them given that we have no other (viable) alternative with so many editions.
Also, in the end, I see it as I want to get something not that I support a company (yeah, I know, is looking from the other side or to the half full part of the proverbial glass).:p

• Haha
Reactions: Stygian
I hope you realize by now that I know all you said here, and I know that recovering from backup most of the times imply some loss, depending on the how often the backup is made (and there could be backups done by the minute too).

Still, it matters I think how much do they actually lose via a restoration compared to a situation where countless people don't have the possibility to place new orders since their account is non-existent anymore, or it is a mess as it is in my case, where when I log in on the UK and see the orders I placed in DE, and in DE I see the orders from DE too, and frankly I am afraid to place new orders, especially that I have some that are duplicated orders, for same items, in DE and UK and would want to cancel one of them, but can't in this incertitude state!

And not to mention that IF this website (or any of The Hut group) is indeed VITAL for their business, then perhaps they should had already implemented a double or triple system (redundancy) that works in parallel and if one goes bad, the other(s) take over.
There are a myriad of solutions for exactly cases like this, but it seems that Zavvi/The Hut is mostly interested to have cheap personnel (proven by the responses of the CS team) than to have great infrastructure (which can't exist without great people behind it), which for sure, sooner or later, will "have something to say" (like this break now).
I stand by the saying: "crap in, crap out" (which I already said it before).
Accounts are not non-existent customers can still do any new order by using the login that works for them

I can still login to Zavvi acoount and place an order from Zavvi UK or Zavvi Germany or Zavvi Australia or Zavvi USA if I want to

The only issue I have is when I login to Zavvi UK is it's only showing orders from when I used Zavvi Germany even though I'm logged into Zavvi UK
Outstanding pre orders from Zavvi UK or the other Zavvi websites are still been processed even though you can't see them listed when you login

I can do a new order now if I want on Zavvi UK or the other Zavvi websites and will show up in my account along with orders done previously on Zavvi Germany and tested this and then cancelled that order
That was tested 2 days ago
Any new orders you do now will show in your order history on the Zavvi website you use to do an order

As I already mentioned customers when they login can't see their order history of orders before zavvi website got changed
Those orders are still having payment taken and getting dispatch emails that has been confirmed by members from this web forum
So no outstanding orders are been lost at the moment

The only thing at he moment is you can't login to cancel and order using the website for orders not showing but you can still do this by using Zavvi CS on Twitter to cancel an order if required
All you need is your order number which you have in your order email you got when you placed an order

You still have your order emails from when you placed an order don't you as that has your order number and what you ordered
You should never delete order emails or dispatch emails from any retailer until you at least got delivery and all is ok with that order

If you cancelled a order already you also would have got a cancelled email
When your order is dispatched you will get an email

Zavvi get lot more orders each day than you likely relailse and to roll back from a backup could very likely lead to loss of lot orders done after that backup that is not the solution and would be worse issue than you have now

All orders you done are still going to be processed so you not lost any orders

If a fix is found all that will do is list all order you previously done
If they can't fix it you are still able to do new orders and previous outstanding orders will still be processed

Last edited:
While I fully understand that an issue like this can take a while - the least Zavvi could do is send out an email to inform its customers of the situation. I had to create a new account for the time being to create any new steelbook orders because they seemingly don't want to

received 3 packages this week, all 3 were damaged (send in a double bag). even worse, Belgian customs hit them with an extra cost for VAT (see answer customs below) + administration costs = 36,23 euro extra / package. bye bye zavvi.....I've cancelled all my orders.

" The Channel Islands (Jersey, Guernsey) are in fact part of the EU territories because they are attached to the UK. This means that these islands are only free of import duties. But not with regard to VAT and national excise duties. The taxes that are collected as a result of the declaration of your shipment are VAT only. See the EU VAT directive. Pages 10 and 11 art 6) point e) "
Don't know if you read this or not - I have been making the rounds a bit on this, as I had to pay 108 euros for 3 steelbooks recently myself. It's bullshit, so I'm trying to figure out why they're charging me without any reasons.

Customs told me "oh it's not us, it's Bpost, it says it's "formalities, not actual import".

The guy on the phone from bpost, in turn, said "I don't understand why you are having to pay extra for these packages. They are from the UK and so far, that still belongs to the EU. My advice would be to check if this is 100% still the case with customs, and if it is, you can file a complaint. If you DO file a complaint but you're in the wrong, you can be charged up to 150 euros "dossier costs'."

Customs is too lazy to pick up their phone, apparently, since we've tried multiple times and we're always on hold for 15 to 20 minutes.
I will get my answer, regardless if I'm right or wrong, I will not be charged randomly without an explanation - seeing as package A costs me 36 euros, where package B - from the same address and everything - costs me **** all extra. If you can't be consistent, then **** off. Either make me pay or don't make me pay, but don't **** around like this.

Reactions: Chemartin_1
While I fully understand that an issue like this can take a while - the least Zavvi could do is send out an email to inform its customers of the situation. I had to create a new account for the time being to create any new steelbook orders because they seemingly don't want to

Don't know if you read this or not - I have been making the rounds a bit on this, as I had to pay 108 euros for 3 steelbooks recently myself. It's bullshit, so I'm trying to figure out why they're charging me without any reasons.

Customs told me "oh it's not us, it's Bpost, it says it's "formalities, not actual import".

The guy on the phone from bpost, in turn, said "I don't understand why you are having to pay extra for these packages. They are from the UK and so far, that still belongs to the EU. My advice would be to check if this is 100% still the case with customs, and if it is, you can file a complaint. If you DO file a complaint but you're in the wrong, you can be charged up to 150 euros "dossier costs'."

Customs is too lazy to pick up their phone, apparently, since we've tried multiple times and we're always on hold for 15 to 20 minutes.
I will get my answer, regardless if I'm right or wrong, I will not be charged randomly without an explanation - seeing as package A costs me 36 euros, where package B - from the same address and everything - costs me **** all extra. If you can't be consistent, then **** off. Either make me pay or don't make me pay, but don't **** around like this.
Zavvi ship most items ordered from Zavvi warehouse in Guernsey a Channel Island.
A few exceptions some items are shipped from Hut Warehouse in Warrington.

Guernsey is not part of UK or EU
So any items with value over €22 custums in EU countries may look for Vat payment

Vat is not included in price for those based outside UK

Only UK delivery address is Vat included
This due to channel islands been british crown dependencies

Zavvi have this listed on their website always since 2009

Delivery
Will I be charged customs and import charges?
Customs and Import charges may be charged.
Orders being delivered outside the UK could result in customs charges or import duties. The recipient of the parcel will need to pay the costs in order to receive the goods.
We don't have control over these charges and so we cannot advise the cost of them.

Some EU countries customs less strict than others but customers based in any EU countries can be hit for Vat at any stage if value over the import threshold.

Note
From January 1st 2021 the €22 threshold to avoid Vat payment is been done away with
Vat will have to be applied at checkout for all Retailers based outside EU for orders been shipped to EU address
As in vat will have to be paid no matter what the cost of goods are

• Thanks
Reactions: WaxWeazle
Correct, and I am aware of that, but in the past 5 years I have only had to pay maybe once or twice when a steelbook arrived - and I have received many orders from Zavvi. Yet, over the past 8 orders, I had 5 arrive where suddenly I have to pay a ridiculous amount on top of the orders. I'm not going to continue paying literally more than double the price for a single steelbook. I'm trying to see what I can do to continue purchasing them, without having to worry about stupendous extra costs.

Same here but us site is showing both us and uk orders. Not sure if that's the new system or they just didn't bother removing uk orders from the us site.

Correct, and I am aware of that, but in the past 5 years I have only had to pay maybe once or twice when a steelbook arrived - and I have received many orders from Zavvi. Yet, over the past 8 orders, I had 5 arrive where suddenly I have to pay a ridiculous amount on top of the orders. I'm not going to continue paying literally more than double the price for a single steelbook. I'm trying to see what I can do to continue purchasing them, without having to worry about stupendous extra costs.
Just a suggestion: try order via Germany website, and your prices on the packages will be in Euros, and the customs should not think you do “imports”.

• Informative
Reactions: Space Cadet
@Felix_ro

Zavvi website login back to normal
Zavvi UK website
Previous orders now showing in order history
Many thanks Paul, this indeed shows how good connections you have.

Unfortunately, in my case at least, it seems that they actually made another mix-up, now I see ALL the orders, from both UK and DE, no matter where I login, as you can see in the attached pictures.
F3A7AC16-B740-4997-966E-5292645128EB.png
59D07DAF-0397-4326-B430-543F6D9FBACB.png

It makes more sense to have all orders show
Should be just one email and password to login to each different Zavvi website

It's still though possible to create different accounts using different email address.

With orders all in one place showing what currency you used
it's easier to notice what you have on order

I have issues before where I forgot I done a order on both Zavvi UK and Zavvi Germany

Having all orders listed means will notice more easily if I done a duplicate order

Or maybe just switch the currency on UK website to Euros....

It makes more sense to have all orders show
Should be just one email and password to login to each different Zavvi website

It's still though possible to create different accounts using different email address.

With orders all in one place showing what currency you used

I have issues before where I forgot I done a order on both Zavvi UK and Zavvi Germany

Having all orders listed means will notice more easily if I done a duplicate order
Indeed is better to have both orders rather than just one of them.
Yet, this is not an actual FIX from their part.

Or maybe just switch the currency on UK website to Euros....
That won't make any difference when order has been dispatched from Guernsey.

It's only some countries at the moment that have more strict customs

Note
That changes from January 1st 2021
All retailers based outside EU will have to apply vat at checkout if shipping to an address based in EU
The €22 threshold to avoid vat is been done away with from January 1st 2021
All items ordered no matter what the price of item ordered is will have vat applied when ordering.

Indeed is better to have both orders rather than just one of them.
Yet, this is not an actual FIX from their part.
It might be what they wanted to happen when changing the websites but make a mess of it initially

There is changes happening from January 1st 2021 in regards to Vat for retailers based outside EU and shipping to EU address.
This makes it easier to apply vat at checkout.

That won't make any difference when order has been dispatched from Guernsey.

It's only some countries that have more strict customs
I had once, few weeks ago a “happening” that not less than FOUR (4) SteelBooks from Zavvi come to me at the same time, among those, one had Australian dollars, one US dollars and the rest were I believe either British pounds or Euros, and the customs charged me taxes only for those that were in USD and AUD.

It might be what they wanted to happen when changing the websites but make a mess of it initially

There is changes happening from January 1st 2021 in regards to Vat for retailers based outside EU and shipping to EU address.
This makes it easier to apply vat at checkout.
What changes are you referring to, Paul? Can you please elaborate a little (maybe with a price example), especially how do you see this change (having all orders in one place) would be make it easier.

What changes are you referring to, Paul? Can you please elaborate a little (maybe with a price example), especially how do you see this change (having all orders in one place) would be make it easier.
From January 1st 2021
All retailers based outside EU have to apply vat at checkout if items ordered are been shipped to a EU address

The threshold of €22 that avoids vat is been done away with meaning vat will be charged on an order no matter if value of goods is less than €22

UK retailers will no longer be classed as retailer in the EU from January 1st 2021

Zavvi already was a retailer not based in EU as Guernsey is not a EU country.

What happens in regards to other countries based outside EU will depend on what import rules they have applied for imported goods

Customers based in the EU
You wont have the luxury of retailers based outside the EU marking value low any more as you will be paying vat at checkout when ordering with the retailer
This applies to EU customers ordering from a retailer based outside the EU

Due to covid-19 some ecommerce business will have until July 1st 2021 to implement the vat changes.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Felix_ro
From January 1st 2021
All retailers based outside EU have to apply vat at checkout if items ordered are been shipped to a EU address

The threshold of €22 that avoids vat is been done away with meaning vat will be charged on an order no matter if value of goods is less than €22

UK retailers will no longer be classed as retailer in the EU from January 1st 2021

Zavvi already was a retailer not based in EU as Guernsey is not a EU country.

What happens in regards to other countries based outside EU will depend on what import rules they have applied for imported goods

Customers based in the EU
You wont have the luxury of retailers based outside the EU marking value low any more as you will be paying vat at checkout when ordering with the retailer
This applies to EU customers ordering from a retailer based outside the EU

Some ecommerce business will have until July 1st 2021 to implement the vat changes.
Many thanks Paul for all your information, details and explanations, really appreciated!

So, after 01 January 2021, what will happen if we’ll going to order something from Zavvi Germany or Italy or France or any other European websites?

Many thanks Paul for all your information, details and explanations, really appreciated!

So, after 01 January 2021, what will happen if we’ll going to order something from Zavvi Germany or Italy or France or any other European websites?
Nothing changes in regards customers based in EU ordering from a retailer based in EU
Vat is already charged at checkout.

Customers based outside EU and ordering from retailers will depend on what import rules that non EU country has in place.

The Vat changes is for customers based in EU countries ordering goods from a business based in a non EU country.

What is does mean for EU customers is imports are going to be more expensive than previously.

Zavvi is not based in the EU so customers based in EU will have vat charged at checkout when ordering.

Customers based outside EU ordering from Zavvi will depend on what existing import rules apply for your country.

• Thanks
Reactions: Felix_ro
Nothing changes in regards customers based in EU ordering from a retailer based in EU
Vat is already charged at checkout.

Customers based outside EU and ordering from retailers will depend on what import rules that non EU country has in place.

The Vat changes is for customers based in EU countries ordering goods from a business based in a non EU country.

What is does mean for EU customers is imports are going to be more expensive than previously.

Zavvi is not based in the EU so customers based in EU will have vat charged at checkout when ordering.

Customers based outside EU ordering from Zavvi will depend on what existing import rules apply for your country.
So, after 01 January 2021, if someone residing in Europe will purchase from Zavvi's websites from countries in Europe (France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands and Spain), will going to pay more too, or only when purchasing from Zavvi's UK/US/AU stores?