Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 556
Last edited by a moderator:
"We do have some exciting plans for Zavvi that we can't wait to share with you in the future!"

I bet that means the only shipping available will be "high priority shipping with tracking" where a ricidulous sum is charged for a broker to deliberately put the item through customs and charge us for the privelege - The same thing that has made most of ebay sites and most of the Amazon sites ridiculously expensive to purchase from.
I will never understand this crap, and perhaps the bigger "racket" is that people often end up getting charged local sales taxes from BOTH originating and delivery countries.
Seems like there are barely any savings to be made from internation shopping for the individual anymore :-(

Probably finally got hit w lawsuits for selling out of territory or maybe big shipments got hit w import fees so maybe became fruitless

They had/have a Chicago warehouse, not sure if something started to go awry

Reactions: Tompa
I have asked Zavvi to restore Republic of Ireland for delivery in regards to DVD/Blu-ray/UHD releases

Majority of these releases are UK/Ireland certified releases which why they have UK/Ireland Age rating logos

I can understand Zavvi likely been told to stop selling USA imports on Zavvi UK and other Zavvi EU websites
Zavvi UK website removed all US imports on Monday

Zavvi USA Website is now only selling USA releases

I live in The Netherlands, and used Zavvi for ALL my dvd/bluray purchases (Eureka, Powerhouse, Arrow, etc.). From one day to the next, my basket was empty and all of the categories gone. ZavviNL now only sells Pokémon clothes and Harry Potter coasters. What The Actual ****??? (And I'll BETTER get my pre-ordered stuff Zavvi!!!)

I live in The Netherlands, and used Zavvi for ALL my dvd/bluray purchases (Eureka, Powerhouse, Arrow, etc.). From one day to the next, my basket was empty and all of the categories gone. ZavviNL now only sells Pokémon clothes and Harry Potter coasters. What The Actual ****??? (And I'll BETTER get my pre-ordered stuff Zavvi!!!)

Most probably you won't. Face it.
But you will get your money back. So at least there's that.
I got it like that when Zavvi removed my country from list of countries they shipped to even though i placed preorder long befor that.

Probably finally got hit w lawsuits for selling out of territory or maybe big shipments got hit w import fees so maybe became fruitless

They had/have a Chicago warehouse, not sure if something started to go awry
I bet on tax game! Everyone else is exporting, including Amazon.

Last edited:
I bet on tax game! Everyone else is exporting, including Amazon.
The difference in regards to Amazon UK is how they list USA imports and EU imports in regards to DVD/Blu-ray/UHD releases as in correctly mention they are imports that are not shipped from within UK and clearly list Amazon UK is not the seller

DVD/Blu-ray/UHD Imports on Amazon UK
The seller is not Amazon UK themselves
Also Amazon is a marketplace retailer that has third party sellers sell products

USA releases listed on Amazon UK is from Amazon USA Global Shop and other third party sellers.

USA DVD/Blu-ray releases on Amazon UK only go live to order after US release date and when live to order clearly mention is a import and not shipped from within UK

Amazon USA Global Shop
The seller is Amazon USA and shipped by Amazon USA from USA

Zavvi had to remove all USA DVD/Blu-ray Import listings from Zavvi UK and Zavvi EU/International websites as they was not listed in correct way

Zavvi USA is a separate website to Zavvi UK/International Websites since summer 2021
Zavvi USA can sell USA releases as they registered as a USA retailer since Summer 2021
USA physical media releases sold on Zavvi USA are shipped from a warehouse in USA

Zavvi USA has removed majority of UK DVD/Blu-ray/UHD releases and now sell mostly USA releases instead

The difference in regards to Amazon UK is how they list USA imports and EU imports in regards to DVD/Blu-ray/UHD releases as in correctly mention they are imports that are not shipped from within UK and clearly list Amazon UK is not the seller

DVD/Blu-ray/UHD Imports on Amazon UK
The seller is not Amazon UK themselves
Also Amazon is a marketplace retailer that has third party sellers sell products

USA releases listed on Amazon UK is from Amazon USA Global Shop and other third party sellers.

USA DVD/Blu-ray releases on Amazon UK only go live to order after US release date and when live to order clearly mention is a import and not shipped from within UK

Amazon USA Global Shop
The seller is Amazon USA and shipped by Amazon USA from USA

Zavvi had to remove all USA DVD/Blu-ray Import listings from Zavvi UK and Zavvi EU/International websites as they was not listed in correct way

Zavvi USA is a separate website to Zavvi UK/International Websites since summer 2021
Zavvi USA can sell USA releases as they registered as a USA retailer since Summer 2021
USA physical media releases sold on Zavvi USA are shipped from a warehouse in USA

Zavvi USA has removed majority of UK DVD/Blu-ray/UHD releases and now sell mostly USA releases instead
I don't know what this all means... Could you tell me (since Zavvi can't) why Zavvi NL isn't selling dvd's/Hot Toys/Hasbro figures anymore?

I don't know what this all means... Could you tell me (since Zavvi can't) why Zavvi NL isn't selling dvd's/Hot Toys/Hasbro figures anymore?
They're still selling them. You just can't see them on the site because they only ship within the UK now and not internationally.

If you changed your details on the site to LOCATION-UK and CURRENCY-GBP they will show up....

Does anyone know what's happening with Zavvi Red carpet code? I can't get it to work on anything?
What item(s) are you trying to use it on? It doesn't work on pre-orders and even some in-stock items such as Lego.

Also, it is RC10OFF you're using, right? They changed it from RC10 a little while back, which caught me out!

Reactions: Beersandblurays
What item(s) are you trying to use it on? It doesn't work on pre-orders and even some in-stock items such as Lego.

Also, it is RC10OFF you're using, right? They changed it from RC10 a little while back, which caught me out!
Yea it's RC10OFF and im trying it on the Rocky 3 Steelbook?
It worked last week on Rocky 2. Not too sure what's going on.

Yea it's RC10OFF and im trying it on the Rocky 3 Steelbook?
It worked last week on Rocky 2. Not too sure what's going on.
I tested it just to make sure and it isn't working on any of the Rocky steels for me either. The Zavvi can be really weird sometimes!

any news in Zavvi shipping to EU?
It's still UK delivery address only for Physical Media Products

No info yet if they will be returning option to order for delivery address outside UK
If that is going to happen that will only be known when you notice option to order outside UK is back available

It has nothing to do with courier as they using same postal service/couriers for shipping of Clothes and Homeware products and also for existing pre orders customers done in regards to DVD/Blu-ray/UHD etc