Blade Runner (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 40) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 10, 2021
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on September 10, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $159.97 (Box Set) - $48.99 (Full Slip) - $49.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing. 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600.
Full Slip: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular x 2 , Spot Matte, Spot Holo Coating, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

OCPackshot_2000x.jpgBR_overall_fs_2000x.jpgBR_overall_LFS_2000x.jpgBR_overall_DLFS_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
Same with Nova. Grindhouse would of been less of a sh!t show if it wasn’t for the poxy GBs. The amount that paid for it and has now been refunded is criminal. That’s not fair imo. If it sold out before the payment was taken then fair enough.

Well what a surprise most people couldn't get a copy and now the scalpers even by their standards are asking prices that even Bill Gates would think twice about. Only lesson to learn from this is avoid Manta lab like the plague and just stick to regular steelbooks (any that are good that is!) Sorry but no steelbook is worth that sort of money.

Are you going to address the collector base being larger than 3000 or not?
The print run to number of collectors ratio doesn't matter though. A limited item will always be attractive to collectors and there will always be people who miss out. But if everyone has to go through the same source to try and get it, there are limits on the number a single account/address can buy, etc. etc. then the playing field evens out. There's always gonna be variables like internet speed and how fast you are at checkout as well, of course, but overall it becomes roughly the same for everyone. Even if you get 50 friends or whatever to try and buy a bunch to flog off later on, it still requires you to get 50 people, and their chances of getting it are the same as the 'actual' collectors.

I'm not against group buys for these kinds of editions at all. But I do think if multiple group buys exist and the print run does not factor in group buy supply, why even give people the option of buying direct?

He's acknowledging it. But wants everybody to have a fair crack at obtaining a copy. Multiple GB's kills that very notion.

Of course they wont be enough for EVERYBODY. But Why can't Manta just put all the stock live on their site for everyone to compete at the same time?

They ship worldwide. Why have GB's at all. They are too easy to abuse and be able to obtain multiple copies of items through. Limit to 2x copies per person on the site and that would free up a lot more stock on the day...

The only reason I see a need for a GB is Blufans as they don't sell from a site.
It wouldn't make much of a difference IMO but that's something they could try, sure. Will they? Nah, no need to change it, it's working well for them. Mantas are now more in demand than in the past.
But even if they did you'd get the really slow people or just people that aren't awake or free at time of preorder complaining about not being able to secure one and having to resort to eBay, just the same as we have now.

Reactions: Aniv
Same with Nova. Grindhouse would of been less of a sh!t show if it wasn’t for the poxy GBs. The amount that paid for it and has now been refunded is criminal. That’s not fair imo. If it sold out before the payment was taken then fair enough.
I've been saying it for years. There shouldn't be GB's when the retailer ships internationally. The ship directly and all so what's the point? Now it's gotten to the stage where GB's are ruining it for the few that show up on launch day and there might only be 5 of each item left after all those other GB's and sites have used up the majority of the print run, It's a joke.

The print run to number of collectors ratio doesn't matter though. A limited item will always be attractive to collectors and there will always be people who miss out. But if everyone has to go through the same source to try and get it, there are limits on the number a single account/address can buy, etc. etc. then the playing field evens out. There's always gonna be variables like internet speed and how fast you are at checkout as well, of course, but overall it becomes roughly the same for everyone. Even if you get 50 friends or whatever to try and buy a bunch to flog off later on, it still requires you to get 50 people, and their chances of getting it are the same as the 'actual' collectors.

I'm not against group buys for these kinds of editions at all. But I do think if multiple group buys exist and the print run does not factor in group buy supply, why even give people the option of buying direct?
/\ Totally this /\

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Did you got a copy from Pung ? talking about Grindhouse

Mantas are now more in demand than in the past.
But even if they did you'd get the really slow people or just people that aren't awake or free at time of preorder complaining about not being able to secure one and having to resort to eBay, just the same as we have now.
But they're just more in demand now because people have copped on that they can obtain multiple items at cost, keep whatever they need for themselves and flog the rest on at ridiculous prices.

Some of them are even hiding behind the idea that they're 'helping people'....

He's acknowledging it. But wants everybody to have a fair crack at obtaining a copy. Multiple GB's kills that very notion.

Of course they wont be enough for EVERYBODY. But Why can't Manta just put all the stock live on their site for everyone to compete at the same time?

They ship worldwide. Why have GB's at all. They are too easy to abuse and be able to obtain multiple copies of items through. Limit to 2x copies per person on the site and that would free up a lot more stock on the day...

The only reason I see a need for a GB is Blufans as they don't sell from a site.
Agreed 100%. Also HDZeta doesn't sell anymore from their website.
Well what a surprise most people couldn't get a copy and now the scalpers even by their standards are asking prices that even Bill Gates would think twice about. Only lesson to learn from this is avoid Manta lab like the plague and just stick to regular steelbooks (any that are good that is!) Sorry but no steelbook is worth that sort of money.
That's exactly what I think.
I bought sold out steelbooks multiple times. And I am not willing to let others to increase the price artificially.
The thread (and others) are not dead yet.

Unless the thoughts of others are distorted, in which case it will cause less participation and less "good vibes" in this forum.
Only a few will participate (as now). And those people always seem to defend the same than cause others pain and frustration (not me, but I'm concern for other people).

But they're just more in demand now because people have copped on that they can obtain multiple items at cost, keep whatever they need for themselves and flog the rest on at ridiculous prices.

Some of them are even hiding behind the idea that they're 'helping people'....
A couple of years ago, aside from a couple very specific Manta releases, Mantas were not gaining much value in the market. They just weren't. Quality was as good or better as currently but it just wasn't happening.
Now they are. That is why demand is higher. Aside from the die-hard Manta collectors of old you also have more people looking towards Manta because they're a better investment now than they were in the past.
It doesn't matter much if those new Manta collectors/investors/call it what you will are getting their copies from GBs or direct and competing with you on preorder day. The fact is there's more interest and the more people are ordering from anywhere the smaller the chance is that you'll get one for yourself.

A couple of years ago, aside from a couple very specific Manta releases, Mantas were not gaining much value in the market. They just weren't. Quality was as good or better as currently but it just wasn't happening.
Now they are. That is why demand is higher. Aside from the die-hard Manta collectors of old you also have more people looking towards Manta because they're a better investment now than they were in the past.
It doesn't matter much if those new Manta collectors/investors/call it what you will are getting their copies from GBs or direct and competing with you on preorder day. The fact is there's more interest and the more people are ordering from anywhere the smaller the chance is that you'll get one for yourself.
A couple of years ago there wasn't as many GB's either. Now there a GB opportunites all over the place. A lot on Facebook alone even.

These are all just different methods of enabling people to aquire multiple copies now that wasn't available a couple of years ago...

I can think of 4 GB's for this title off the top of my head. Straight away you could say that's a 1/4 of the stock allocated elsewhere depending on how Manta allocate to their different GB hosts

Last edited:
Reactions: DMD4k
How are you going to enforce the 1 per actual person rule? How do we know you dont have 50 friends who will order 1 copy each for you to burn, sell or keep? I could buy stuff from people to resell too. I wont ask them how they got it.
I imagine if a reseller uses bots they can swipe up copies as soon as they go live without even needing to organize 50 friends.

Yes they do.
Only old releases. Some will be put on sale. But silver edition not (mostly their catalogue).
The more quantities are available from eBay, less copies could have been sold through their site (FROM COLLECTONG) for different people.

If Manta has built that demand is because collectors love to share their passion among others.
Others felt in love with premium (and limited) releases, and wanted to get one of them too. Simply. Word of mouth.

Manta did their job, with work, constance, and effort.
What are the scalpers doing for them? Making their editions more out-of-reach? - Maybe to increase the wish to get a edition. But it's not a sale. The price is the price. And whoever is interested to get one of Manta, they would go for direct or GB in some cases.

Exceptional cases are those who has more money than sense.
Or those whose desires is to get ONLY a few editions (even paying eBay crazy prices). But this business doesn't do any good for collectors in general.
It can turn into a bubble at any moment, and the person get tired of paying such big bucks for a single release.
Ending up scalpers taking more copies than the real demand wanted. And finally crashing up the original retailer supplier.

When I started this hobby GB's were a way to help people to get what they wanted from the far land of Asia, or maybe because the seller decided this way (i.e. Blufans).
Now even my grandmother runs GB's so getting titles direct is becoming more and more harder.

The simple question is why Manta and the like not do bigger print runs on sure fire hits ? Not exactly good business to see your product selling for 3 or 4 times cost on a re seller site minutes after. And i wonder how many copies went to the various GB in the first place ?
So many questions that will be lost in time, like tears in the rain

Reactions: Lenny Nero