Gladiator Ultimate Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDzeta Exclusive No.3) [China]

wxlinkswd

泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date: March, 2015
Notes: Glossy finish, Title and Helmet Embossed
Steelbook Made in Denmark, Limited 3000 copies.
Disc: Remasterd Disc +Bonus disc, 2 discs are Region Free

* Note, the Lenticular is not glued to slip, it is loose. It was supposed to be loose, according to the design by HDzeta, but this was not clear in the mockup. Someone will be in contact you with to determine whether you wish to receive the product as intended, or wait for a 'glued' replacement from your hub leader, after Xin sends it to them.

Group Buy details (click on spoiler)
1. GB-Gladiator Ultimate Edition Tripack Version Round 1 ---100 copies for HDN
Price: 160 $US (include shipping to hub)
Group Buy Link < Click (SOLD OUT)

2. GB-Gladiator Ultimate Edition Tripack Version Round 2 ---200 copies for HDN
Price: 160 $US (include shipping to hub)
Group Buy Link < click (SOLD OUT)

3. GB-Gladiator Ultimate Edition Lenticular Version --- 300-400 copies for HDN
Price: 56 $US (include shipping to hub)
Group Buy Link < click

4. GB-Gladiator Ultimate Edition Normal Slip Version --- 200-300 copies for HDN
Price: 53 $US (include shipping to hub)
Group Buy Link < click

5. GB-Gladiator Ultimate Edition Quarter Slip Version --- 150 copies for HDN
Price: 50 $US (include shipping to hub)
Group Buy Link < click

6. GB-Gladiator Ultimate Edition Lenticular/Normal/Quarter Slip Version Round 2 --- 150 copies for HDN
Price: 56$ / 53$ / 50$
Group Buy Link < click

full

full

All the different editions:
Lenticular Slip:
(with normal number card) 1300 copies(No.0001-No.0500 for the boxset, not sold seperatly)
full

Normal Slip: (with normal number card) 1000 copies(No.0001-No.0500 for the boxset, not sold seperatly)
full

1/4 Slip: (with normal number card) 700 copies(No.0001-No.0500 for the boxset, not sold seperatly)
full

Triple Boxset Artwork: (with Special Metal Number card) Only 500 copies, No.0001-No.0500
full

For in-hand pics, see this post.

Item delayed due to manufacturing/printing issue.
Please see Xin's updated post here

**Please direct all inquiries regarding Steelbook payments, invoices, etc to Alex**
Hubs will invoice for shipping later when Steelbooks are received by the hub leaders.

To know the GB go time in your area, please use this user friendly TIMEZONE CONVERTER

Last edited by a moderator:
That would make sense. I've got Blufans Iron Man in an SCF2 but it's too tall for the Kimchi one.

Can't remember why I bought the SC3s but they are not ideal on Kimchi/HDzeta, they just about squeeze in.

For Full Slip SCF2 is perfect, but for Lenti it's a lottery -> SC3 should fit, but everything depend from thiscnkess. SCF2 Will be way to loose to keep it.
I will make some pics when i came home how it looks like.

They have been very underhand and actually advertised falsely. I for one am actually not bothered about the slip covers and have both lenti and 1/4 slip in order but it really isn't acceptable to make changes like this once people have paid for the item, sham on you HDzeta!!

I really don't think there is anything underhand about this - just that communication hasn't been as full as we would like. Coupled with the rule that if you join a GB you must stick with it or you are banned from future GB's, this reinforces that a finalised product must be shown before a GB is opened.

Wow, this is the last straw.

I know they don't speak English, but given that they're in the retail business, they should carefully choose their words. "Lenticular slipcase"? Boy, we are far from that!

Look at this:

1426157281-capture-d-ecran-2015-03-12-a-10-12-42.png

Now look at that:

1426157382-213250ppw7buxpvnlu6rki.jpg

"Lenticular slipcase", right… LIARS.

I want my money back, those $75,80 SGD spent on December 7, because it's just not worth it now. Good thing Europe / MasterBlaster has not been getting any stock so far. If I choose to spend this much money, I don't want to deal with such a shady company.

When you advertise a lenticular slipcase, when you show of a picture of just that, then it should be what you deliver. If you're incapable of doing that, then don't do a lenticular card on the side and say "whatever, those suckers will decide what they do with it".

I was worried to be the only one distraught by that "technique" in the King Kong thread, luckily a few other members thought the same, and in a way I'm glad this HDZeta fraud is finally brought to light right here. Too bad it takes so many of us aback… I, too, trusted HDZeta.

That hidden slipcase does nothing for me. Had I known it would turn out to be this, maybe I would have gone for the "other" full slip, which seems pretty good now, all things considered. That hidden slip displays the artwork chosen for the French steelbook, which I already own. I'm not interested in seeing that artwork again.

HDZeta are amateurs. They stupidly forgot to put Ridley Scott's name on the steelbook, hence the obvious three-month delay, then they give us a "free" case in compensation (a $20 rebate on this or even a $20 discount on the upcoming Saving Private Ryan might have been the right thing to do, imo)… but there's no way anyone can defend them now. And look at that goddamn sticker, it looks like an MSPaint job done by a 5-year old, as Satan eloquently put it.

I am assuming that this lenticular botched job will also turn up for Saving Private Ryan… okay then, I am done with HDZeta. I hope they get what is coming for them with this lack of transparency, lack of professionalism (not just that but also the "A Ridley Scott film" screw-up), and their outright lies.

Last edited:
Again - I don't believe they lied about this - Its down to communication.

There is no way HDZeta thought "I know, lets screw over the people on HDN just for a giggle" - Why would the alienate their customers like this ??

I know people are upset/angry over this, but I truely believe there was no malicious intent.

for real though, they must've known about this design for a while and it doesn't really take much to say 'card' instead of 'slipcase'. Being honest, I'm looking forward to this a tad bit less now :(

This lenti is a shame, no problem with HTTYD because we were advised, but I don't paid for that.

If I knew it before, I would have ordered the full-slip

Let's wait the explain, I'm curious to know what BS HDzeta will give us... :rofl:

Again - I don't believe they lied about this - Its down to communication.

There is no way HDZeta thought "I know, lets screw over the people on HDN just for a giggle" - Why would the alienate their customers like this ??

I know people are upset/angry over this, but I truly believe there was no malicious intent.

Not exactly...it's actually called lying by omission.

It's one thing if they messed up the word 'lenticular slip[case]' in their released product images/info, but the actual product pictures showcased for this product for many months don't match the most recent image of the actual lenti product, as Bunk's post highlights.

Yes, the lenti card itself isn't the end of the world, but the lack of communication about this change is very bothersome.

Pff what a huge let down :(, ... I'm not interested in a loose lenti at all. And I'm not gonna glue it on the slip.

I wasn't sure to start on the HDZeta gold line collection in the first place because of the loose numbering card instead of numbers on the slip. On top of that it doesn't have a following number on the slips spine just like BF, PA and Nova.
Now it comes with a loose lenti?? ... for me a good enough reason to leave the tripack sealed, ...

I even might sell off all the HDZeta steels as I don't wanne have an incomplete collection. This way I can create some budget for other collections.
At least I'm happy that I didn't sign up for King Kong for the exact same reason.

Reactions: harry
This is a rough situation. I don't believe this is a massively big deal but I can definitely understand the frustration. I for one may have made a diffrent choice and this does feels like a little missleading intentional or not. What sucks is Hdzeta does seem to make quality releases and this will not help there reputation. Hopefully they can find a way to decrease the frustration a bit so they can maintain their customer base.

I'm starting to think there should be a group buy rule that no payment is taken until at least one steel of each version has been displayed, and fully described.

I've often said that steelbooks should be manufactured and in hand before payment is taken on GB's, but this is often an unpopular opinion. Even Kevin has realised this with his Blufans GB's now and only takes payment a week before.

I had to use a small amount of 'Blu Tack' on my HTTYD lenti which felt a bit Blue Peter, but I didn't expect to have to do it again here.