snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: June 22, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £14.99
Notes: Matte with spot varnish on title and main image. The bullet holes will be debossed. Regular case, not jumbo.

11113072-5204290705820863.jpg

11113072-4544290705949155.jpg

11113072-1214290705942297.jpg

11113072-1234290705954003.jpg

11113072-1084290705958668.jpg

11113072-1834290705963453.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't a fan of either film when I saw them for the first time, but now I love them both and find them tons of fun! I think I probably prefer DP slightly more than PT though... I find it more memorable/iconic (especially the car), plus I'd take Mary Elizabeth Winstead in a cheerleader uniform over Rose McGowan with a machine gun for a leg any day. :D

mew.jpg

Honestly, this has become one of my most anticipated steelbooks. I think it's going to look great, as the finish sounds very similar to Play's Lawless steelbook, which looks great in hand...

1.jpg

The standard print run is 4000, it may be that or it may be slightly higher. If it was a limited print run too 2000 I'm sure Zavvi would have stated it.

I agree, it seems a fairly generic print run 4000, I can't see it being higher due to the predicted demand. 2000 as you say, would have definitely been a selling point on the page :cigar: Either way I'm gonna take a chance and hope to pick this up in the flash sale in the summer for a tenner :thumbs:

I wasn't a fan of either film when I saw them for the first time, but now I love them both and find them tons of fun! I think I probably prefer DP slightly more than PT though... I find it more memorable/iconic (especially the car), plus I'd take Mary Elizabeth Winstead in a cheerleader uniform over Rose McGowan with a machine gun for a leg any day. :D

View attachment 159274

Honestly, this has become one of my most anticipated steelbooks. I think it's going to look great, as the finish sounds very similar to Play's Lawless steelbook, which looks great in hand...

View attachment 159277
That's not even a comparison! Mary for the win [emoji41]

Reactions: Noodles

View attachment 159274

View attachment 159277
Each to their own but I find the "Lawless" steelbook flat and completely uninteresting and I hope "Grindhouse" will be much, much better in the flesh.
I decided not to order, however, despite liking the artwork because I feel it is overpriced and like others here would hope to pick it up for GBP 14.99 or less at some point in the future.
I've also cancelled 15 other Zavvi pre-orders for the same reason and because I feel that these will not sell out anytime soon...
M.E.W over R McG ! Seriously?

I like the artwork but never found Rose McGowan attractive in the slightest. She's not ugly by any means but i don't see anything that great. Mary Elizabeth Winstead on the other hand ;)

Oh and I couldn't stand her character in the film. I know almost none of them were likeable, apart from Tarantino, so it kinda annoys me that she's on the cover.

I like the artwork but never found Rose McGowan attractive in the slightest. She's not ugly by any means but i don't see anything that great. Mary Elizabeth Winstead on the other hand ;)

Oh and I couldn't stand her character in the film. I know almost none of them were likeable, apart from Tarantino, so it kinda annoys me that she's on the cover.

Its simple she looks seriously slutty no matter whats shes wearing, and it's well know she lives up to her looks. A LOT of guys like that! Well if you want Marilyn Mansons used seconds that is lol :naughty:

I LOVE when she dies in Scream, even more so than Paris Hilton dying in House Of Wax. I'm just not a fan or Rose. I much prefered the Marley Shelton promo poster with the needle. That would make an awesome cover. :cool:

Reactions: Phantasmic
Its simple she looks seriously slutty no matter whats shes wearing, and it's well know she lives up to her looks. A LOT of guys like that! Well if you want Marilyn Mansons used seconds that is lol :naughty:

I LOVE when she dies in Scream, even more so than Paris Hilton dying in House Of Wax. I'm just not a fan or Rose. I much prefered the Marley Shelton promo poster with the needle. That would make an awesome cover. :cool:
That Marley Shelton poster was cool but I don't think they wily take a chance using that as she's not the main star of the film. I prefer Death Proof to Planet Terror so I would have preferred the back to be the front! stuntman Mike should be on the cover!:)

That Marley Shelton poster was cool but I don't think they wily take a chance using that as she's not the main star of the film. I prefer Death Proof to Planet Terror so I would have preferred the back to be the front! stuntman Mike should be on the cover!:)
Damn right! I'll be skipping straight to DP. [emoji41]

Reactions: Sigill
Got an email earlier saying there is only 500 left.
Believe that when I see it and even then not.
Are we to think that 3,500 copies of this have been shifted in a couple of days ?
OR is this another case of 500 remaining until "Zavvi Sold Out" where the majority of titles showing as "Sold out" for weeks magically appear again?
Nearly every "Sold out " steelbook comes back again at some point and whether this is due to cancellations or to Zavvi allocating say half of the run when it goes live and the rest further down the line I have no idea.
A few recent examples are:- "Taxi Driver" which "sold out" quickly - not surprising with a 1,000 print run but is now back two months after release.
- "Commando" ' - back again when I looked earlier this evening.
- "Kung Fu Hustle", Superbad","Doctor Strange", "Planet Hulk", "Hulk vs", "Thor:Tales of Asgard", "P o T C" 2 & 3 etc.
All were sold out for what seemed like ages and are now back up for pre-order.
Make sense of this if you can.

Believe that when I see it and even then not.
Are we to think that 3,500 copies of this have been shifted in a couple of days ?
OR is this another case of 500 remaining until "Zavvi Sold Out" where the majority of titles showing as "Sold out" for weeks magically appear again?
Nearly every "Sold out " steelbook comes back again at some point and whether this is due to cancellations or to Zavvi allocating say half of the run when it goes live and the rest further down the line I have no idea.
A few recent examples are:- "Taxi Driver" which "sold out" quickly - not surprising with a 1,000 print run but is now back two months after release.
- "Commando" ' - back again when I looked earlier this evening.
- "Kung Fu Hustle", Superbad","Doctor Strange", "Planet Hulk", "Hulk vs", "Thor:Tales of Asgard", "P o T C" 2 & 3 etc.
All were sold out for what seemed like ages and are now back up for pre-order.
Make sense of this if you can.

If they had said it was a 2000 run I could believe it. Anything associated with Tarantino sells just as well as Marvel titles, but they haven't. If this was less than 4000 they would have advertised it heavily. The email is most likely because there have been a ton of comments over the social networks about this being overpriced and they may not have had as many orders as they would have hoped.

My basic belief is if Zavvi send out any emails stating so and so has only a certain number left it's because they aren't selling. Hot items don't need pushed, they sell out on their own.