snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: June 22, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £14.99
Notes: Matte with spot varnish on title and main image. The bullet holes will be debossed. Regular case, not jumbo.

11113072-5204290705820863.jpg

11113072-4544290705949155.jpg

11113072-1214290705942297.jpg

11113072-1234290705954003.jpg

11113072-1084290705958668.jpg

11113072-1834290705963453.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Its now Sold Out

I originally did cancel but re ordered this week using a 15% discount code

Hopefully it looks good when in hand

This is going to look awesome in hand.

Believe me! You heard it here first!!! :thumbs::LOL:

I'm still looking forward to this release as well, gloss or not, I'm not taking my chances later on, I already own these movies individually but not on steelbook or the Grindhouse version but this is mainly about getting a steelbook to go with my existing collection. :thumbs:

I don't have much on order with Zavvi as well, their not bringing out much I'm interested in anymore and I don't mind that, there's plenty of other releases overseas. The price of steelbooks are a mixed bag, it can drive collectors mad with the way Zavvi mess around.:rolleyes: If I like a movie I'm more likely to buy it, sometimes it's hard being a collector, I guess there does come a point where you look at how much storage you have left and if you bought wisely, I have no regrets at the moment. :LOL:

I think we should have an unofficial rule that no one says a Zavvi release is SOLD OUT, before its actual release date.

As, barring Frozen, none of them ever are.

Reactions: lolwut
It's not sold out don't worry.

No mention of print run and it doesn't look like another country is getting this version so that already tells you this was a run of 4000 or more, this would be lucky to sell half of that at that price. Jackie Brown sold out and is now in the bargain bin, From Dust Till Dawn came back several times before finally selling out and those were back in the days when eBay sellers were buying vast quantities which they no longer do. Zavvi won't even have processed the cancellations yet. This one WILL be back in stock.

Reactions: coldtoast

No mention of print run and it doesn't look like another country is getting this version so that already tells you this was a run of 4000 or more, this would be lucky to sell half of that at that price. Jackie Brown sold out and is now in the bargain bin, From Dust Till Dawn came back several times before finally selling out and those were back in the days when eBay sellers were buying vast quantities which they no longer do. Zavvi won't even have processed the cancellations yet. This one WILL be back in stock.

Yeah, it says it all when I'm not remotely worried about this really selling out despite liking both movies....yep even Death Proof :D

Yeah, it says it all when I'm not remotely worried about this really selling out despite liking both movies....yep even Death Proof :D

Cheers guys, will make a note of print runs etc for future reference.

I like that this comes with a (very small) booklet... It's rare that Zavvi do that
It's not a booklet as such, it'll be the same as the special features one fold leaflet you got in the 2 disc Grindhouse amaray version (which I just checked, and has the exact same artwork as shown with the steelbook version).

Nothing special at all unfortunately.

It's not a booklet as such, it'll be the same as the special features one fold leaflet you got in the 2 disc Grindhouse amaray version (which I just checked, and has the exact same artwork as shown with the steelbook version).

Nothing special at all unfortunately.
True, but better than nothing IMO!

Dispatched! I think this one's going to surprise a lot of people... can't wait to see it in hand. :D

Reactions: chunk
I was considering cancelling this and hoping for a price drop, but didn't act quick enough as I got my dispatch email.

Ah well, hopefully this will look great in hand!