Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive No. 15) [Korea]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: September 29, 2017
Purchase links: Box set - Lenticular - Full Slip A - Full Slip B - (Pre-order starts August 11 at 10 PM until August 25 10 PM Korea time) - All editions currently OOS
Price: $47 (Individual editions) - $155 (Boxset)
Group Buy: Hosted by Aniv Box set - Lenticular - Full Slip A - Full Slip B
Notes: "Our pre-order will start from August 11 until August 25 and we will make same number of products as our orders. We are testing a different style of pre-order and Pre-order can end early."
Total print run = 4000
Box set gift: original production notes 52p
36 pages photo book
8x character card
6x post card

GOTG-01.jpgGOTG-02.jpgGOTG-03.jpgGOTG-04.jpg
20622312_1022442121192893_3036679281210987160_n.jpg

Last edited:
why is everything so dark with this release?
... and why do they have 3D written on the front in the bottom left of the full slips?
Full slip A looks best to me
Outside of FS A and the OC box, the whole set could use a punch up in the vibrancy department imo. The steel in particular seems very dark. Such great colors associated with this film--no reason it should ever appear drab.

And I agree with @Flloydo about the still chosen for the lenti. Seems a bit out of place amongst the stylized promotional art. Same deal with the Kill Bill vol 1 lenti. It's a decent lenti image on its own, but it just doesn't quite gel with the release as a whole.

Ah, well. Enough complaining. Looking forward to seeing in hand shots of the slips. :coffee:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Blufans is still THE version to own for this title, IMO. More than happy with my Lenti's from them :drool: The Steelbook itself is literally a glossy piece of metal perfection sent down to earth by the almighty Steelbook God's :angel::woot: We must all stand before and worship :notworthy::LOL: In other words, THE definition of a perfect Steelbook :oohyeah::cigar:

20170319_132047_wm[1].jpg

20170319_132116_wm[1].jpg
20170319_132248_wm[1].jpg
20170319_132347_wm[1].jpg
20170319_151940_wm[1].jpg
20170319_133211_wm[1].jpg
20170319_133803_wm[1].jpg
output_ylwaLo.gif
20170319_134146_wm[1].jpg
20170319_135303_wm[1].jpg

Saying that, I do like Nova's Steelbook concept but that's about it :cautious: None of the slips stood out to me upon first viewing. The Box itself looks phenomenal though :OMG: (that easily surpasses Blufans' shoe box :LOL:;)).

I understand and respect there are collectors out there who may have missed out on Blufans so they're happy with this release but for those that DO own Blufans, this must (or I would confidently assume) be considered second best in terms of WEA offering. Even the previous NC line had an amazing and colourful IMAX Fullslip and two superb Lenti's (Lenti B being the best :drool:). Yet here I am still contemplating picking one up for the SB and to carry on my MCU collection :dunno::bag: Super weak when it comes to MCU :sorry:

Looks like Nova are converting their WWA Nova choices into exclusives. I guess CA Civil War to follow. No doubt thier slips will be better than the pesky cardboard of Blufans that were released in 2015 and the silly shoebox lol. Blufans getting some competition and not the only retailer to release WEA. Love to see a good rivialy :p I guess the values for the Blufans will drop thanks to the crammed over saturated market that wants a piece of the cherry pie :naughty:

Nice artwork but the Blufans, existing Novamedia and the UK WWA release is where I stop for this and yeah the Blufans is still the best one in my eyes. I'll be looking forward to the 2nd movie premium releases though, anyone going for this release enjoy it. :thumbs:

Almost perfect ;) If it wasn't for the 'light beam' mistake on the backside of the steelbook...

View attachment 327017 View attachment 327018
Takes nothing away, IMO ;) Looks better with it :p:D

It's not like you can say it looks out of place being there for example. Blends perfectly. I hadn't even noticed myself till I saw the post in the Blufans thread a while ago ;)

Blufans is still THE version to own for this title, IMO. More than happy with my Lenti's from them :drool: The Steelbook itself is literally a glossy piece of metal perfection sent down to earth by the almighty Steelbook God's :angel::woot: We must all stand before and worship :notworthy::LOL: In other words, THE definition of a perfect Steelbook :oohyeah::cigar:

View attachment 327004

Saying that, I do like Nova's Steelbook concept but that's about it :cautious: None of the slips stood out to me upon first viewing. The Box itself looks phenomenal though :OMG: (that easily surpasses Blufans' shoe box :LOL:;)).

I understand and respect there are collectors out there who may have missed out on Blufans so they're happy with this release but for those that DO own Blufans, this must (or I would confidently assume) be considered second best in terms of WEA offering. Even the previous NC line had an amazing and colourful IMAX Fullslip and two superb Lenti's (Lenti B being the best :drool:). Yet here I am still contemplating picking one up for the SB and to carry on my MCU collection :dunno::bag: Super weak when it comes to 1 click :sorry:

;):p:D:LOL:

Takes nothing away, IMO ;) Looks better with it :p:D

It's not like you can say it looks out of place being there for example. Blends perfectly. I hadn't even noticed myself till I saw the post in the Blufans thread a while ago ;)

You are definitely right about that and i respect your opinion ;) But i'm a perfectionist and it bothers me too much. So call me CRAZY :wacky: but i have just sold my blufans copy and ordered one of these.

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
Looks like Nova are converting their WWA Nova choices into exclusives. I guess CA Civil War to follow. No doubt thier slips will be better than the pesky cardboard of Blufans that were released in 2015 and the silly shoebox lol. Blufans getting some competition and not the only retailer to release WEA. Love to see a good rivialy :p I guess the values for the Blufans will drop thanks to the crammed over saturated market that wants a piece of the cherry pie :naughty:

I reakon kimchi will do civil war to match the first 2 and maybe some iron mans and thors

I reakon nova will do ant-man, dr strange and probably guardians 2 later down the line

I'm probably very wrong though and both could do a civil war each :( hope that's not the case

Agree. Looks very nice but it is full gloss and vibrant and not dull matte lol.

Matte Finish does have its place on proper Steel Artwork !

However, indeed for this Steel, Glossy was the perfect Choice :thumbs:

This will complement the Blufans Editions Very Well :drool:

Last edited: