Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive No. 15) [Korea]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: September 29, 2017
Purchase links: Box set - Lenticular - Full Slip A - Full Slip B - (Pre-order starts August 11 at 10 PM until August 25 10 PM Korea time) - All editions currently OOS
Price: $47 (Individual editions) - $155 (Boxset)
Group Buy: Hosted by Aniv Box set - Lenticular - Full Slip A - Full Slip B
Notes: "Our pre-order will start from August 11 until August 25 and we will make same number of products as our orders. We are testing a different style of pre-order and Pre-order can end early."
Total print run = 4000
Box set gift: original production notes 52p
36 pages photo book
8x character card
6x post card

GOTG-01.jpgGOTG-02.jpgGOTG-03.jpgGOTG-04.jpg
20622312_1022442121192893_3036679281210987160_n.jpg

Last edited:
cant recall the title but there was one a few years back that showed as one and ended up being the other...hence the ask :)

Nova will always be lenti o rings as its their policy but seems they can get around that by making a lenti magnet

• Thanks
Reactions: AlexMacOl
Nova will always be lenti o rings as its their policy but seems they can get around that by making a lenti magnet
thats even worse though

full slip lenti's all the way :)

as much as I love this movie, am gonna have to double dip on Cap instead I think (plus I have the NC lenti and only the HMV CA:TFA steels so the latter needs a lenti)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
thats even worse though

full slip lenti's all the way :)

as much as I love this movie, am gonna have to double dip on Cap instead I think (plus I have the NC lenti and only the HMV CA:TFA steels so the latter needs a lenti)

I
I wish they were full slip lentis too, but majority of their lentis have been great over the years. Unfortunately they seem to be slipping a little IMO, the new avengers lenti magnet looks good and kill bill 2 lenti was awesome but I didn't like the look and depth on vol 1, John wick 2 and now this is too dark. Shame. I'm starting to like their full slips a bit more now and l like the look of slip A although I'd prefer the dancing groot and drax image on the back

I don't actually own a cap 1 premium so I'm kinda talking myself into the shield slip but I'm not 100% yet. I expected so much more and better from kimchi. If the lenti Version had a proper red skull image and the shield on the lenti transitioned to red aswel as depth on cap then I would of gone for that but IMO it looks shocking as it is.

Blufans is still THE version to own for this title, IMO. More than happy with my Lenti's from them :drool: The Steelbook itself is literally a glossy piece of metal perfection sent down to earth by the almighty Steelbook God's :angel::woot: We must all stand before and worship :notworthy::LOL: In other words, THE definition of a perfect Steelbook :oohyeah::cigar:

View attachment 327004

Saying that, I do like Nova's Steelbook concept but that's about it :cautious: None of the slips stood out to me upon first viewing. The Box itself looks phenomenal though :OMG: (that easily surpasses Blufans' shoe box :LOL:;)).

I understand and respect there are collectors out there who may have missed out on Blufans so they're happy with this release but for those that DO own Blufans, this must (or I would confidently assume) be considered second best in terms of WEA offering. Even the previous NC line had an amazing and colourful IMAX Fullslip and two superb Lenti's (Lenti B being the best :drool:). Yet here I am still contemplating picking one up for the SB and to carry on my MCU collection :dunno::bag: Super weak when it comes to MCU :sorry:
yeah, the blufans steelbook is untouchable! original poster on the front :drool:, great inside and back artwork and embossed title. I own the 1 click, but I like nova's steelbook too, so pre-ordered it. you cant have enough premium editions of this awesome movie, hehe

I reakon kimchi will do civil war to match the first 2 and maybe some iron mans and thors

I reakon nova will do ant-man, dr strange and probably guardians 2 later down the line

I'm probably very wrong though and both could do a civil war each :( hope that's not the case

One thing is for sure, a lot of retailers are joining in the huge marvel franchise and expect a lot more coming up. Plenty of choices available especially to those that missed out the blufans lenti's of Thor and CA which are demanding high prices. Even FA are joining in the game with Civil War :rofl:

• Thanks
One thing is for sure, a lot of retailers are joining in the huge marvel franchise and expect a lot more coming up. Plenty of choices available especially to those that missed out the blufans lenti's of Thor and CA which are demanding high prices. Even FA are joining in the game with Civil War :rofl:

FA are doing guardians 2 aswell

Or do you mean their civil war is wea?

I keep looking at the editions on offer here and trying to cherry pick the best one :brb: ...and it's difficult :LOL: None of them stand out to me but the Lenti I know for sure lacks colour even though the depth and sharpness looks great as per. Not really a fan of the front of Type B and agree with @harry, that would have made a far better Lenti image (a big step up from zavvi's Lenti magnet :rofl:). Type A looks a safe bet and is probably my pick of the bunch as it stands now but that may well change :coffee: Can't pass up that Steelbook :shy:

So the boxset looks like about $190 shipped (155 + 35 shipping). As it's marvels I'm sure the price bumps up. Looking about £150 shipped to the UK.

Still not decided between A and B. Was pretty sure I´ll go for A, but B is tempting more and more, I like the fact that there are actual guardians on front side which fits more with the title and movie as well. On the other hand they are also on steelbook :whistle::). Also like the backside on B more. Main decision will come tomorrow at 1500 but slip B is starting to win I guess.

I still don't understand Nova's new PO process... :confused:

I did email them The other day asking them to explain it in more detail as it's confusing but they ignored me lol.

@sunnyx I also asked why such a short time from announcement to pre order and they also ignored it. Lol

I don't agree with it though. Some people need time to sort funds out or move orders about etc

Im with you on this guys, I was expecting another preorder by end of the month, this announcement was really surprising. I hope no more Nova preorders in August. One per month by every retailer is enough.

• Thanks
:LOL: At least you tried buddy ;)

Lol, they got back to me when I asked if this will have a 1/4 slip like avengers and any other time they get back within half hour but I asked them to explain the pre order and i said its a crappy move putting this up for pre order 3 days later lol so maybe it was that. They don't take feedback well nova especially when it might not be positive which I think is wrong. I also said to them I hope this isn't your new way of doing things lol so yeah they ignored all that.

Im with you on this guys, I was expecting another preorder by end of the month, this announcement was really surprising. I hope no more Nova preorders in August. One per month by every retailer is enough.

Even one a month is a bit much. There's what 7 premiums now so if they all released one a month (that I liked) I wouldn't be able to keep up. I can only afford a handful each month so it's roughy 3 to 4 premium orders a month and with the current exchange rate it's costing £40 to £50 a release (£55 with blufans :( ) when before it was in the £30s+ etc bar the odd release.
I don't order as many standard/ U.K./ German etc Steels anymore because of the premium prices and pre orders popping up each month. Have to wait for big price drops on all the rest.

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
Looks like I cannot consider this tomorrow as I am short of steelbook funds haha. I'm sure the lovely boxset be first to sell out.