Interstellar (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 34) [Hong Kong]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: August 20, 2021
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti - Single Lenti (Pre-order on July 2, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time) - Check your local time HERE
Price: $174.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Double or Single Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti - Single Lenti

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Full Slip: Holofoil Slip, Embossing - 1000 copies.
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular x 2 , Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing - 1000 copies.
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing - 1000 copies.
One Click Box: "Glow in Dark" effect + Embossing + Scratch Resistance Coating + Spot Glossy - 600 copies.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On, Box Protector.

D5B211DA-1173-49E3-9571-B4C0382D9C30.jpeg1C14823D-47B8-4F11-B25B-D04534823D21.jpeg7F390E35-BA04-43C7-93FF-7466CE34B3C3.jpeg05DD5ABA-E197-41F8-A508-4697E632C569.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This was amusing but now it’s taken a much less light-hearted turn.

I’m not personally a fan of the fact that some publishers have their VIP lists or “number owners” for those who buy over a certain number of editions or have been buying since the beginning. Partly because you feel more compelled to buy an edition where you wouldn’t have if you weren’t on this special list of collectors, simply for fear of losing your number or being kicked off their VIP list.

It would not surprise me if a number of the “scalper” listings on eBay are actually from these VIPs who don’t really want the edition they bought, and are possibly themselves taking advantage of the fact that others want it who aren’t treated the same by the publisher.

I also feel that because these publishers have their VIPs by the ‘short & curlys’ and so some publishermay uplift the print number of an edition because they know they have around 300-500 copies “secured” by VIPs so increase the print run by more because they are aware of how many loyal fans who aren’t VIPs. I wouldn’t blame them for it, again, supply and demand.

My final thoughts are, @Georges dikranjian you mentioned about not buying from a GB because you don’t like to pay more than you should, but forgive my nativity, doesn’t a chunk of those “over-costs” go into the HDN community, ergo being loyal to the platform you use to actually get access to all these releases and content?

I dunno, I guess I just place my loyalties to those who I actually feel deserve it and who have actually helped me out, I.e. @Aniv allowing me to change my mind and switch editions even after I purchased. This is where my loyalties lie!

Also unless you are actually investing funds into these publishers/companies without the promise of a product, also known as a purchase or a pre-order, then they don’t owe you s**t. When you start actually investing in them without the promise of a product, then we can talk about loyalty and treating you differently.

ML needs to do away with the 2 per customer rule, especially since there are people buying copies through multiple group buys and then on their website at release. I can't believe they're still doing that.

Miss me with VIP status. I've bought every release direct except one (which I never received) and would definitely qualify. No interest in people buying stuff up just because they have access to it when they have no interest in the actual movie or release they are buying other than for flipping.

Reactions: Billy Talent
Sure I can go thru all the work and count them easily from the other 2 main sites but why would I? i have no point to prove as I got my copy from the site like hundreds of others did this morning lol
I'm not sure if you're aware but there are multiple Facebook pages now doing GB's also.

Not sure how all this stock is allocated TBH......

Only thing I agree with is the 2 per person rule. To get rid of if it I mean. That would maybe help on big sell out items for guys who could possibly miss out

Other than that I’m still blown away the refresh button wasn’t clicked

• Haha
Reactions: milky and Mararagan
on another level gentlemens, i just found this post on ebay and never got across of these editions ?
Can someone please enlighten me if they were GB here for those kind of release ? the original retail price ? Is there an official website or just GB like BF ?

on another level gentlemens, i just found this post on ebay and never got across of these editions ?
Can someone please enlighten me if they were GB here for those kind of release ? the original retail price ? Is there an official website or just GB like BF ?
expensive firewood. believe me, you dont want this crap

its available mostly as a GB elsewhere and no official site. They are OK releases but not worth that much. $100ish retail. They made a mistake with this and printed the book in Spanish and would not reprint in english like it was suppose to be.

If Georges had clicked the refresh button on Collectong's site as much as he has on this thread, he might have been able to secure a copy.
Learn how to read please show me were i said I was on Manta lab trying to order lol some ppl who knows what there smoking
Wow I am a little to the party but I can't believe George went to th manta lab site instead of collectongView attachment 510204

Wow I am a little to the party but I can't believe George went to th manta lab site instead of collectongView attachment 510204

Manta lab knows what im saying and I honestly think if there gonna be giving away like that to gb why not have a few hundred vip list for the solid customers that bought a certain amount of steels from them they have our purchase history they know whats up

Group Buy sites are the VIP's. They buy more copies of each edition having spent more money than anybody buying a single edition.

Reactions: DMD4k